Please Help!! I feel I'm about to loosw my mind!

[Sk...]

I just recently developed a rash on my hands and googled "clonazepam withdraw rash" and I stumbled upon a terrifying website that lists over 100 side effects from clonazepam withdraw.  Some of them really freaked me out!!  http://www.psychdrugtruth.com/klonopin.htm Please, .. If anyone knows that this site is not accurate, please let me know, because I feel like Im living in a nightmare right now. I'm absolutely terrified! Plese HELP.

Hi SkyZone,

I have just replied to your PM but thought I'd respond here too. I wouldn't check

websites on google. They are often misleading and can only serve to frighten you.

Nothing sinister is likely to happen to you honestly,

Debbie  :)

Hi SkyZone,

I'm sorry that you are so scared. When you read of withdrawal effects from benzodiazipinies it doesn't mean that you are likely to get even a small percentage of them.  These are datas collected from a wide range of people.  I would agree with Deborah, please don't do searches, particularly if you are feeling anxious.  If you cut nice and slowly, then you will go a long way to keeping any withdrawal symptoms to a minimum. 

I had a lot of very, very itchy rashes all through my taper..It will ease up with time.

Is your signature line up to date? It does look by your signature line that you are cutting very fast.  Have you considered keeping your reductions within the suggested guidelines of 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days?

Betsy xxxx

Thank You, Betsy.  I agree.. I must be tapering too quickly.  I thing I might start back on 2 mgs for another month or maybe a couple of weeks and then start to taper at 5 to 10%  intervals every 2 weeks ,.. kind of to level things out.  Also,.. I am so used to taking my full dose at one time every day, since I tried twice a day half and half, but feel nervous and like it doesn't work as well.  I was thinking maybe to try it again, if taking the full dose at once every day is not that great of a move for tapering.  I now have to re evaluate my entire w/d.  I am glad I am though, so that it is done right.

If you find that more rapid tapers are not for you (which many find out for themselves), the 5-10% cut every two weeks is a good standard to work by for tapers. This being my third taper and being kindled, I did it because I couldn't afford to put myself at risk with a more rapid taper. I wasn't willing to find out if I could go faster. Now that I have gone through most of it, I think that was a wise choice for sure. 

I just recently developed a rash on my hands and googled "clonazepam withdraw rash" and I stumbled upon a terrifying website that lists over 100 side effects from clonazepam withdraw.  Some of them really freaked me out!!  http://www.psychdrugtruth.com/klonopin.htm Please, .. If anyone knows that this site is not accurate, please let me know, because I feel like Im living in a nightmare right now. I'm absolutely terrified! Plese HELP.

Hi Skyzone

Don't panic, you don't need to.

The worst thing you can do is to go on other sites and read lists of symptoms.

I c/t valium and restarted a taper and at 3.27mgs valium per day, I am feeling a whole lot better.

Also, I have read about what must be hundreds of different benzo symptoms, but we don't get them all.

I tried to click the homepage on that site but could not access it.

It looks to me like someone has just thrown a load of information together.

Any time you get a negative feeling, don't panic, as it's just the benzos, added to our own fear that is driving these negative feelings.