my travel

[zo...]

Hallo to everyone.      I am new and very sorry but i almost do not write english but i can read and understand very well everyting.

I am currently taking 1 mg xanax by night and 1 week ago i reduced 0.25.I am very afraid.Everyone of you know very well how i am feeling .Next week i MUST go to Miami from Venezuela .When i take a flight my heart rate go to 150 and my tension to 230. What can i do?

It is not the first time,it is the third one,that i try to go off xanax,but it is very difficult to me because i am very anxious and during this ,i hope ,last withdrawal try,horribly more anxiious.

I think i am going to die at the airport because my fear.

It is my decrease of 25% every week too much?

One time,2 years ago,i went out of xanax succesfsully for one year but after i had a cancer and so i start to take xanax again.

My cancer get well but not my new addition

Ciao and thanks.

hi,my name is Kathy,I have been on xanax 1 mg up to 4x's per day,over this past 6 weeks or so I have tapered my dose down now for the most recent taper to 1mg at night only.I have never flown before but my daughter only takes xanax 1mg for when she flies in a plane only.Although she has had a few panic attacks she doesnt want to go through the same thing I have gone through with the xanax.Are you going to Venezuela for good?,or just to visit?I would say to cut down after you come back,or if you only need it to travel by plane and not while there?I dont want to give you any bad advice though.With every cut down on my xanax I have felt very anxious but managed to get through it thus far.I am into trying to change negative thought patterns,listening to relaxation tapes,living without all those what ifs,stc.hang in there whatever you decide to do,dont be hard on yourself

Hi

Usually benzo reductions are done at a 10 % every 1 to 2 weeks and you are attempting a 25% reduction in one week, so yes you may be going too fast.

Take care

Bob

Thank you Kathy and Bob,

I must travel to Miami because i live there, i have no panic but only a big anxiety when i take a flight but the worse it is my arrhythmya that make me afraid. I do not have eny heart disease but the same....

Somebody know how to caushion this ?

Sorry for the omission,my name is Giovanni and thankyou again :

Hi,

I thought it might be helpful if I posted, here, my reply to your PM (Personal Message) from earlier this evening:

Hi Zoilo,

Don't worry about your English, I understand you, and I'm sure the rest of the members will too.

It might be an idea to move your dose to coincide with your flight, but you will know best about this. I would recommend, though, that you make no further cuts during the time you will taking flights.

I didn't take benzos for anxiety, so I'm not the best person to help you with managing your anxiety - I strongly recommend that you make a post to the forum so that others can help you. Also, it is usual for people to experience anxiety when flying if they don't fly often. Of course you are still going to feel anxiety no matter what I say about this, but try to keep in mind that it is OK to feel anxious during the flight - a lot of others on the flight will be anxious too!

We can help you out together a taper plan to get you off Xanax - but it will probably be better to do it after you have returned from your trip.

Take care, and hope to see you posting to the forum soon.

Colin.

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]