waking up aggitated

[si...]

so i have been waking agitated for some time - is that benzo related or benzo withdrawal related?

what is that about and how common is it?

so i have been waking agitated for some time - is that benzo related or benzo withdrawal related?

what is that about and how common is it?

Actually I have heard of  "benzo rage". 

Sandy

Silver,

You said you didn't get any sleep last night.  It could be related to that also.  Although today I felt a little more like crying than usual (3 days with hardly any sleep).

I have heard what Sandy said before (benzo rage).  Although everyone seems so sweet here, can't imagine that that would be severe.  Perhaps irritated and agggitated that goes along with withdrawal symptoms.

sandy  :laugh:well thats good - cause when i wake up in the morning one of the first things out of my mouth is "i hate it here" and i have been like that for years.

i come out of it once i am out of bed and talk to my self saying "geesh whats that about" i am not sure if it is valid feeling or a reaction to the drug.

but there does seem to be a morning theme in here somewhere - seems like maybe i talked about this some time ago.  or maybe i just thought about it some time ago.

summer - yes emotions do seem to run high for some of us during withdrawals - i have noticed that last winter when i tried to withdraw w/o proper information - boy that was a real bummer and 1/2.  i most definitely had some real rage and crying things going on that looking back i can say was withdrawal related.

this isn't my first rodeo so i have some backwards perspective - but i am still in the middle of this one so my backwards vision hasn't had the time to develop yet on this withdrawal.

• 4 months later...

I have been waking up with what I call adrenaline surges and in a state of full blown panic.  It usually takes hours to settle down.

Anyone else have this? 

I had it to some degree when I was tapering. It eventually settles down. If you drink coffee and/or use a lot fo sugar you might want to consider quitting for the time being. I found sugar really made my adrenalin surges worse.

rufus

I have been waking up with what I call adrenaline surges and in a state of full blown panic.  It usually takes hours to settle down.

Anyone else have this? 

Yes Missy!

I had this a lot during my taper. And even before I started my taper. Probably tolerence withdrawal. Which is, taking a regular dose, and become tolerant to that dose, and your body wanting more and having withdrawal, even though you haven't actually withdrawn anything!  I have had I have had the sleep panic again some since I jumped, but it's much better now.

I"ll have to go check out your other thread to see where you are at, but just know it is a common reaction to benzos and wd. 

Yep, been there...done that.  I can remember one night being so bad that I sat with the phone in my hands ready to call 911 just in case I died....LOL  Don't know how I thought I'd dial the phone...being as how I would be dead...but I was ready!!!  LOL

Jen

• 1 month later...

:idiot:

Damn, I hate this anxiety. I have been very fortunate as I have had relatively good days and I am almost down to my 25 % cut-next week.

But last night I thought I had lost my badge from work to swipe in. This became a major issue for me, tearing through drawers, hamper, clothes looking for the badge, retracing my steps. I am on vacation next week and I was even planning to go to work to look for the badge there.  So I go to bed, in a restless anxious sleep, wake up and check my car one more time....There it is under the seat. I was immediately relieved.  Came in took a shower, and stepped on the scale, Yesterday, I was 167 pounds and today I am 169, which started up the wt gain anxiety ( I recently lost 30 pounds on a food plan)

I know that this anxiety is NOT a result of the taper. It is myself, plaqued with GAD. But right now, I feel better, going out to breakfast, buy myself a shirt, go for a run and meet with friends tonight. Benzos are not the answer, but I have to get a handle on the anxiety. I hate it!

Sound familiar

Well I beg to differ. I was diagnosed with GAD also, and now I'm handling stress like water off a duck's back.

You see if it doesn't get better after you have healed.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tony

I wake up very shakey, like an inside tremor--it's strange and uncomfortable. I've been tapering off trialzolom for 2 weeks now and have am noticing that I'm much more irritable. I've been having problems sleeping, so that could be part of it, too.

I wake up very shakey, like an inside tremor--it's strange and uncomfortable. I've been tapering off trialzolom for 2 weeks now and have am noticing that I'm much more irritable. I've been having problems sleeping, so that could be part of it, too.

Hi mera1206,

A lot of us that are withdrawing from these kind of meds experience the same thing. In addition to that, I found the following article that could contribute to the tremors.

Here is an article I found about morning anxiety...

"Yes, depression and anxiety are worse in the morning. That is when your body's cortisol level is the hightest(cortisol is stimulating) and that accounts for probably part of what you are feeling. Cortisol is the stress hormone, your body produces when you are under stress.

The paradox of stress/cortisol is that anxiety produces cortisol, which produces anxiety which produces more cortisol, which causes you to feel more anxious...etc....

Soon you find yourself in this never ending cycle of anxiety and depression.

What you must do to get well is ACCEPT your anxiety. You must ACCEPT your feelings and not try to fight them. Do this long enough and an interesting thing happens, the anxiety goes away."

Deanne Repich from her article Understanding Early Morning Anxiety says,

"Another reason why symptoms can be worse in the morning is because your blood sugar is low when you first wake up. You have gone all night without food.

It's important to maintain a constant blood sugar level because the brain uses sugar, also known as glucose, as its fuel. If blood sugar levels are too low or drop too fast, then the brain starts running out of fuel.

This causes the brain to trigger the "fight or flight" response. The "fight or flight" response sends a rush of adrenaline, cortisol, and other neurotransmitters through your body to prepare you to fight or flee the perceived threat (low fuel).

This process can trigger physical reactions ("symptoms") such as trembling, rapid heartbeat, sweating, panic attacks, fatigue, insomnia, mental confusion, nervousness, dizziness, and more."

T2

I get this very bad every morning..It usually lasts for about 30mins to an hour..and I am very derealized during that time as well. I used to NEVER eat breakfast, never had time, always in a hurry to get to work. But I have been forcing myself to eat breakfast for the past 3 or 4 weeks, and i have noticed a definate decrease in the amount of time this lasts for me in the morning now. now it's about 10-15 minutes..so maybe a blood sugar thing?

I hate that feeling of dancers inside your stomach in the morning. I had that for years- way before I ever told anxiety medication. One thing I have found is to learn to embrace the morning and make it fun. I get up early, sometimes go to the gym, but everyday I make myself oatmeal, make coffee, sit and relax and watch a morning news program that is both fun and informative  ( Fox and Friends is news and good repartee) Brian Kilmede is insane and Allison is so lovely to behold.

After giving myself permission to  enjoy the day and start if off relaxing, then it seems to be more relaxing and less frantic the whole day. I am now titrating from that awful Klonopin, and my days are peachy.

By the time I get to work, I am relaxed and ready to do my job with a positive non-frantic attititude.

OMG Silver I've been extremely agitated while going through w/d's and the only thing that seems to help my aggression is exercising. And the past month it's gotten worst, thank goodness I've been able to control it.

Dave