is that mice peeing on my clothes or is that me

[si...]

ok - my clothes kinda smell and the question begs to be asked - is that me or is that mice peeing on my clothes?

ok and another thing - my scalp - my scalp smells like a potato that is just starting to go bad - anyone else having these problems? :angel:

All sorts of weird stuff happens when withdrawing. Many of us sweat a lot or have greasier skin during withdrawal, so it could be connected with that. It will sort itself out. As ever though, if you have any concerns, get yourself checked out in case it has some other cause.

Silver,

I don't know anything about this mice type thing, but have noticed my sense of smell, which has been absent for years, is starting to come back or get stronger.  My dogs always smell like they need a bath now, so the poor puppies are getting baths all the time now.

Silver,

I don't know anything about this mice type thing, but have noticed my sense of smell, which has been absent for years, is starting to come back or get stronger.   My dogs always smell like they need a bath now, so the poor puppies are getting baths all the time now.

Silver,

My sense of smell is much stronger too.  Sounds are louder.  Colors seem brighter as well.  I understand this common in w/d.

Sandy :)

so do you think that is toxins coming out or a biological effect of withdrawals?

Personally, I think that most of what's written about toxins is nonsense.

i used to have a great sense of smell - so maybe it is just getting better.

i still think i am going to have to get a hearing aid tho - my hearing still isn't good and never has been - would be nice tho if it came back or i just had it to begin with.

ok so my sense of smell is returning - and i have noticed i am using less saturated colors for lipstick.

AND MY EYE SITE SERIOUSLY IS MUCH MUCH MUCH BETTER - the most noticeable improvement with withdrawals.

well our potatoes are radiated to keep them preserved - but if you put one in the sun in a warm humid place - and smell it in say 2 months you may find it smells kinda like a funky scalp.

so were do i smell this funky scalp - on the chair i sit on - on my pillow and you guessed it - rubbing my fingers on my scalp and sniffing them.

ok mouse pee - well i get this stale sweat smell - no heavy BO  - but more like a musty lighter smell - in the vampire chronicles ann rice called it something - but can't remember what but when she said that i knew exactly what she meant kinda a musty sweat smell - mind you not gym locker BO - but something lighter.

man i hope no one else reads this. :laugh:

see i get to be like this cause i have brothers - i learned how to be graphically gross growing up and think it is normal.

I thought you were trying to be funny and no one else got it. The replies were so serious. I just never heard anyone claiming to have a head that smells like a potato.

Most professional job pre employment drug screening involves taking a hair sample in which they can check years prior for drug use. Urine testing goes back only a short time and is easy to cheat to pass. So a drug does end up in your hair. Does it have an odor? I really don't know.

Dave   

Silver,

I think Colin might disagree with me on this but perhaps he didn't experience this during his w/d.  I did and so have others I know personally.  I really believe that what you are experiencing is toxins being released from your body.

I always have had beautiful skin.  I never got pimples or oily skin even while going through puberty.  During this taper I would go through  periods that lasted as long as a month where my skin and hair was so oily that dish detergent wouldn't even cut through the oil barrier.  I had to use Clean and Clear skin cleaner on my face.  I used it as soon as I got out of the shower. I would take a cotton ball and pour the skin cleaner on it and wipe my face clean.  You wouldn't believe how dirty the cotton balls would get.  It was truly disgusting.  I happend to have this condition at my last appointment with my endocrinologist and he said that he thought that it was toxins being expelled from my body as well.  Some people say it's hormones.  IMO, I don't think so.

usually when i suffer from mouse pee oder and potato head aroma i also lose a bunch of hair - it kinda goes in stages and may be related to cuts.

oh well my body temp is lowering now - my thyroid meds have been changed so maybe i won't suffer so from all those crazy hot flashes.

but now - drum roll - pretty much constant tummy aches and heart burn - i think it is related to halloween candy so i am taking a pro biotic.

sandy i am so jealous about the excellent medical care so many of the people get on here - i have been fighting tooth and nail for most of my life to see an endocrinologist - i thought you had to be born royalty to get any kinda of respect or health care.

i don't know if i need a head over haul or what to be treated with respect when i enter a doctors office. 

i think i need to completely self treat myself - it is getting to the point were i feel like leaping across the doctors table and ringing their necks - probably should not even go to them anymore.

Silver,

I think Colin might disagree with me on this but perhaps he didn't experience this during his w/d.  I did and so have others I know personally.  I really believe that what you are experiencing is toxins being released from your body.

I always have had beautiful skin.  I never got pimples or oily skin even while going through puberty.  During this taper I would go through  periods that lasted as long as a month where my skin and hair was so oily that dish detergent wouldn't even cut through the oil barrier.  I had to use Clean and Clear skin cleaner on my face.  I used it as soon as I got out of the shower. I would take a cotton ball and pour the skin cleaner on it and wipe my face clean.  You wouldn't believe how dirty the cotton balls would get.  It was truly disgusting.  I happend to have this condition at my last appointment with my endocrinologist and he said that he thought that it was toxins being expelled from my body as well.  Some people say it's hormones.  IMO, I don't think so.

Hi,

Yep, I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to 'toxins'. :P That doesn't mean that benzos and benzo withdrawal do have have effects, and cannot cause smells. The body is going through all sorts of upset with benzo use, and particularly during benzo-withdrawal. It is purely I feel that the term 'toxin' is often very misused. The term is used frequently by charletens to sell their wares. When I hear people use 'toxins' outside of very narrow lines, I hear 'homeopathy', 'parmastry', 'Aura Soma', 'astrology', etc. :crazy:

It's not that discussion of alternative therapies is not allowed here, but I may give my opinion, just like anyone else. I would expect, though, that nothing dangerous is promoted, and any possible downsides are acknowledged, just as we do with the discussions of more conventional medicine.

I will also say, that there is no doubt that some non-conventional medicines are bound to have some positive effects. It is just that I would prefer that there were some double-blind trials carried out, and these 'drugs' put on a scientific basis. I don't want to take a drug on 'trust'. OK, I did that with benzos from my doctor, but the failure there is not the lack of scientific evidence of the problems associated with benzodiazepines, it is the suppression of information and evidence.

As for alternative therapies - I think many of them work, but it is the placebo effect. Given proper time and attention, from someone that appears to care about you (but the therapy carries no value in-of-itself), can still help you if you believe in it - placebo! For me, Reiki sums up these kinds of therapies - there is no rational for the therapy, but it can do harm in-of-itself. For those that gain from experience on an emotional level, they might indeed gain from the therapy.

I do understand that you, Sandy, were not talking about these things - I'm purely trying to explain my aversion to such topics. The way the term 'toxins' is used feels like the thin end of the wedge to me. And, again, such discussions are perfectly acceptable around here; I will just usually avoid them. I may add the occasional comment though (such as this), and will flag anything that I know to be dangerous, as I'm sure just about everyone else here would too.

So, I'm just clarifying my personal position; it is not any kind of forum policy. ;) I have been thinking about popping up a sticky thread somewhere, so that members have better better understanding of what are rules, and what just my opinions. Basically, if it is dangerous, it is not allowed. If it sounds like 'hokum' (but essentially harmless), I may express my own views, but more likely I will just ignore the subject. I also accept there are plenty of unknowns, and some alternative medicines are bound to have some positive effects. 'Therapies' can work, but I dispute the mechanism.

:D oh boy great discussion - now i get to launch into my belief system - i thought no one would ask.

ok - the earth has been robbed of its nutriants - due to chemical usage and improper crop rotation - this has produced foods that are no longer complete and lack the proper digestive emzymes to make them work right in your body.

this has helped to lead us into obiety and a starving civiliation no matter how much food we eat - many are still starving and have feeling related to nutrient loss.

now add to this agra business that has lead to designer seeds - that are easy to process, grow large grow fast - but lacking in all components necessary to make it a complete food - ie, gluten intolerance - more and more people are becoming gluten intolerant - some of the signs would be bloating but more insidious is that the kidneys are damaged - leading to diabetes - ok now how did this happen (and this is just one food (wheat) - wheat USED to have a hard protective layer that protected it from diseases caused by bugs and protects the nutrients necessary to digest the wheat.

ok in walks agra engineering - the hard shell makes it harder to process the wheat - so they design wheat with a weak shell - this weak shell makes the crops easy for bugs to attack - now walks in Agra pesticides - now we are eating wheat w/o the proper digestive enzymes and it is poisoned - ok now you can do this with any food on the market except organic and i am not totally sure all organic food is organic and meets the requirements - i still cannot eat organic bread - so where did the seed come from?

Silver,

Ever see the old movie Solvent Green (I think that was the name of it)?  Perhaps one day we will all just eat each other when all the agricultural land is used up and we will get wafers.

I'm a little skeptical of stuff, a little like Colin, but I agree with anyone's right to believe in whatever they believe in.  There are a lot of unknown stuff, stuff of speculation, but there are no guarantees about anything in life (in other words, nothing is certain but uncertainty).  Oh, I'm feeling really wierd.

yes i remember part of that movie.  i thought it was really scary and a little disgusting.

i have found since i got older my body can no longer deny i have to change - i am not sure exactly how to change - i have had some very good luck with supplements - but i have to dig deeper - so now i am studying digestive enzymes - and the endocrine system - now that is some deep stuff and a whole new way of looking at things.

it is were my interests are - everyone has something they are interested in - for me it is nature in many different forms - like energy, food, trees - and as you can see by my avatar - animals - i like water a lot to.

but there are lots of stuff i can't do - a whole lot.

Silver,

Ever see the old movie Solvent Green (I think that was the name of it)?  Perhaps one day we will all just eat each other when all the agricultural land is used up and we will get wafers.

I'm a little skeptical of stuff, a little like Colin, but I agree with anyone's right to believe in whatever they believe in.  There are a lot of unknown stuff, stuff of speculation, but there are no guarantees about anything in life (in other words, nothing is certain but uncertainty).  Oh, I'm feeling really wierd.

Soylent Green (BIG SPOILER ALERT, if you do not already know the film) - I've always quite liked the film. As it turns out, the plot is not altogether as far fetched as it might have appeared at the time. The underlying theme is a world where the eco system is collapsing, and the whole world is starving, not just a huge proportion, as is the case now.

They showed us the movie Soylent green in Elementary school. I wonder if the pharmaceutical companies are just tying to get the world drugged up so they can process us into a food source with cool packaging and commercials and then eat us.  :2funny:

But seriously when you taper how does remaining medication leave your body? It has already been through the liver, kidneys and intestines so don't think it can go backwards leaving through #1 or #2. Since they do do drug screening by hair samples my guess is it leaves through hair and sweat. The new odors probably are not toxins but just the medication you have left in your body. Could explain why taper takes so long. Hair grows rather slow.

Dave 

Of coarse not. If it were that easy I would have shaved every hair including my eyebrows a while ago. This benzo substance effecting GABA receptors where does it go when you taper?  Drugs do go into your hair but I think at the same rate as the hair grows. I think cutting your hair would just remove the drug that has already left your body. Sort of like wiping off sweat. I have the question myself. Where does it go? 

Dave

Benzos are metabolised in your liver into active metabolites with some benzos, such as Valium; other benzos have no active metabolites when metabolised. Eventually these metabolites are excreted through your your bladder. I don't know the exact process, but that's it, essentially.

I meant what was left in your system after they were metabolized. I don't think 100% is excreted through your bladder. I have had drug screening where they took a hair sample. So at least some drugs are excreted into the hair. I'm not saying all the drug goes into your hair but at least enough for it to be detected by a pre-employment drug test. If they were excreted only through the bladder drinking lots of water would speed a taper which is unfortunately not the case.

Dave