Trying to taper off Ativan...need some help

[ge...]

Hello, I was on this web site about a month ago because I was planning on starting to taper my 4mg Ativan dose due to the fact that I would like to get pregnant next year.  Well, here is what happened.  I have been taking Ativan 4mg for about a year and a half daily.  My doctor told me it would be best to switch to 15mg Tranxene twice daily for the taper.  That was horrible. I felt awful on Tranxene.  So I just started 4mg of Ativan again and asked him if I could directly taper off of Ativan and he said yes.  Well, I went to 3.5mg on Sunday.  I am in the absolute throes of depression.  I am slightly agorogphobic all the sudden, don't want to leave the house.  But in general, very, very depressed.  I cannot imagine that this small amount of drop, .5 would do this to me?  What do you all think?

Also, in the meantime, I was put on Adderall XR 20mg twice daily by the same doctor about two weeks ago for ADHD symptoms.  Wonder if this could be a contributing factor?

Anyone who can help me would be great.  I cannot believe that a drop of .5 would do this to me, but maybe it is?

Thanks in advance.

He seemed resistant to putting me on Valium.  Wanted me on Tranxene.  Then said nothing about it when I asked to go back on the Ativan to taper. 

Yes, I think it is too much of a drop.  I cannot handle the way I am feeling.  I also do not think the Adderall is helping.  I am going to call him and make sure I can just stop it.  (My doctor).  And ask him to switch me to Valium.  It does look like it might be easier to taper off of. And because I did not understand the Tranxene equivalency, I now realized he took my Ativan dose from 4mg to 2mg in Tranxene equivalency.  Now I see that.  That is why I felt so bad!  4mgs of Ativan is 60mg of Tranxene and he took me to 30mgs of Tranxene over night.  Way, way too fast.  What on earth was he thinking?  And he is a psychiatrist not even just a primary care doctor.  Do doctors have no clue?  I am beginning to think so.  I think you just feel horrible when you get to this point.  You know you have been treated with every anti depressant, etc out there and what is left?  I am trying to exercise, etc that is all I know to do anymore. 

Hi.

I have been able to directly taper off of ativan with dry cutting at first and the water titration.

Today is my 5th day off and i am pretty well. I can tell you that .5 is a big cut, infact the first cut i made was .5 and boy it took me about three weeks to start to feel a little better. I have tapered for over a year to get off and have been able to keep my job and relationship...thank god.  Point is go slow if you need to hun. Also i did my best to stay away from all supplements, alcohol, meds ect ect.

Also this forum has been the biggest tool with all the great people here so stick around :)