Is anyone else taking Valium three times a day?

[ge...]

Hi, Friends,

Because I reinstated on 39 mg initially, I decided to take my poison three times a day. Had I opted for twice a day, I would have slept until the afternoon, and I wanted to have some semblance of life during the day, if that's what you call it -- lol! So, here I am now at 30.5 mg per day. I take 15 mg at 11 p.m. at night so I can sleep, but I almost always wake up at 5:30 a.m. and then I take another 8 mg of Valium, I take my afternoon dose at 3:30 p.m. I wait till 3:30 so that I can occasionally go for a walk or see the doctor without falling asleep.

My afternoon dose forces me to sleep, and then I wake up feeling shaky and toxic (TNS -- toxic nap syndrome). I was considering changing my schedule a tad, but I'm afraid of upsetting the apple cart. Technically, one is supposed to space one's doses more evenly, but this seems to be the only way I can sleep at night. Does any of this make sense to anyone here? I know I should be taking the stupid stuff every eight hours, but it just does not work that way right now for me.

I suppose I should be happy I'm sleeping at all, but some of my waking hours are pretty hellish. If anyone else is taking a fairly high dose of Valium three times a day I'd like to hear from such people.

Love,

Genie :heybabe:

Genie,

Because of the long half life of valium, I try to take as little as possible in the daytime.  Mostly because I have trouble with insomnia since crossing over from xanex to valium and then reducing.  I try to save up most of my dose for night even though it really only puts me to sleep for 2 hours most of the time.

I'm not sure the valium even works shortly after you take it.  I noticed Ashton's simple schedule for valium withdrawal shows mornings and evenings only.  However, I think it's all individual.  Whatever works for you is what is best.