Taper advice needed please

[el...]

Hi all!

I'm about to do my third K cut tonight. Started at 1.125mg. I have been cutting .125mg a week. I split my dose and take each at around 10pm and 2am.  Was doing pretty well with just one night of insomnia following my last weeks cut. Until the night before last, when I slept badly, with lots of physical agitation. Then last night was slightly better, but I had to get up many times(felt like every 30mins) to use the bathroom. I also have fairly severe urinary retention, but only at night.  Takes me forever! These are the only w/d symptoms I have. No anxiety at all, even when not sleeping well. Just a little mild depression.

Are the last two nights a result of last weeks cut, since I know K is long acting and one may not notice a cut for several days? 

Also, should I go ahead and do my next cut tonight? Or hold off. At this point I feel like since I've

not slept well the last two nights, what's the point of holding off? Maybe tonights cut won't be felt for another five days, and this will just be the pattern of my withdrawal?

I know weekly may sound fast to some, but being on a relatively small dose, for a relatively short time (4 months now), I felt that that was a reasonable period. But I don't want to mess myself up.

Any advice for me?

I hope everyone is feeling ok! :)

Take care,

Linda

Hi Eljay,

What is your present dose? The problem is that these 0.125mg cuts account for a larger-and-larger percentage of your dose as your dose decreases. Of course, I appreciate that you may not be able to make smaller cuts, so it would probably be sensible to take a little more time between cuts. If you are still felling th effects of the last cut, it makes sense to hold off making a new cut until your withdrawal symptoms have settled to what is more normal level for you. You are not going to feel great, but it is reasonable to feel fairly comfortable before new cut. It would be wise to avoid ending up in a situation where the withdrawal effects are mounting up on top of each other with each new cut.

Hi Colin,

My present dose is .875mg. If I cut tonight it will be .75mg. I'm so impatient!! I want off. You are right though, about not letting problems mount. I know I should probably hold off at least a day or two and see how I feel.

I'm won't be sure until tonight what I will end up doing.  ;)

I was going to taper this way until about .5, and if I felt too uncomfortable at that time, I was going to switch to liquid titration. 

I really appreciate your help, Colin, thank you. I'll let you know what I end up doing and how it works out!

Linda