Titration instructions - Version 6th Oct. 07

[Co...]

Hi,

A simple way forward (without the bother of a formal schedule) is to crush up your morning dose into a fine powder, add it to a glass of milk (or water, of you prefer), give it good stir, and drink just three-quarters of the glass. Do this for about a week, and then do the same with your evening dose for about another weeks. Keep reducing your morning and evening doses by a quarter-glass, in stepwise fashion, until you have completely tapered off. ;)

• 1 month later...
PLEASE HELP! I started titrating my last piece of klonopin (a quarter of a .50 tablet) about 8 days ago .I requested for a schedule to be made for me and provided all the details but got no reply .I just want to know this ,how long should it take for me to titrate this last bit of klonopin ? I want to do it safely and not run into trouble. I had decided to titrate this dose (.125) in 60 ml of water ,this would give me a sixty day taper give or take,is this ok? or Am I going too fast? please reply since I'm confused and scared .today the electric shock sensations and the twitching have increased in frequency so I'm going to hold the cutting for a few days but honestly I'm freaking out.I don't want this to get ugly since I'm so close to the end of my taper please Colin or someone help me on this .very grateful for your reply :(

PLEASE HELP! I started titrating my last piece of klonopin (a quarter of a .50 tablet) about 8 days ago .I requested for a schedule to be made for me and provided all the details but got no reply .I just want to know this ,how long should it take for me to titrate this last bit of klonopin ? I want to do it safely and not run into trouble. I had decided to titrate this dose (.125) in 60 ml of water ,this would give me a sixty day taper give or take,is this ok? or Am I going too fast? please reply since I'm confused and scared .today the electric shock sensations and the twitching have increased in frequency so I'm going to hold the cutting for a few days but honestly I'm freaking out.I don't want this to get ugly since I'm so close to the end of my taper please Colin or someone help me on this .very grateful for your reply :(

60 days for .125mg is quite slow for titration. Most would titrate that amount in 13 days, that would equate to about 1% per day or 10% every 10 days. It is fine to go slower if you feel it is necessary. We also normally recommend using a whole pill if you have a big enough supply so as to keep things more accurate. You could put .50mg crushed powder into 50ml of milk or water, stir well and remove down to 13ml and then continue to remove 1/2ml every day. That would be a pretty slow taper off the remaining .125mg. If things become bothersome, you can even stop and hold or remove 1/4ml every day. It is up to you!  :thumbsup:

• 8 months later...

OK, here goes,

Start date:  I am thinking of starting next weekend which for me would be June 23.

Number of pills:

[Right now 1/2 of 1mg and 1/2 of .05 mg to make .75 mg.

I am going to see the doctor Friday and ask him if I can have a script for enough .25 and .05 pills to make it through my taper though, as this will be easier and more accurate than trying to cut them.

Taper Rate:

I am thinking 1ml per day.

Cylinder details:

I ordered a 100ml cylinder with 1 ml increments.

I am putting this in a couple of places as I am not exactly sure where I should post. Thank you so much for your help.

Hi, I have a question is 1 ml a day from 100 ml cylinder cutting 10 % per week? If I wanted to go slower and do 5% per week would I do 1 ml every other day? Why has no one replied to my original titration post, i'm feeling very lonely here, lol.

Hi,

This thread is actually a sticky thread, used mostly for informational purposes.  It looked to me like you had a handle on this process after talking to TC in your thread you started for titration, so that's probably why no one has replied to you.  If you still have questions, perhaps you could post your question on that thread which is located here.  I'd answer it, but I'm titration stupid, sorry!  ;)

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=20823.0

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO START AS SOON AS POSSIBLE MY DOSE IS BETWEEN0.5-.75MG A DAY I USUALLY TAKE 1 TABLET0.25MG TWICE A DAY AND 1 IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NITE IF I CANT GO BACK TO SLEEP. TABLET THAT I WOULD BE CUTTING FROM IS 0.25MG I WOULD LIKE TO START AT 10% I WILL BE USING A 100ML CYLINDER THANKS IN ADVANCE

Please start a new topic/thread on this board and supply the necessary information.  Here is a link to the main board:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0

Here is Colin's post about what information to put in that thread.

"Hi,

Please have the following information ready. I cannot create a schedule if any of these details are missing.

Start date: when you would like your titration to start.

Dose: the dose you anticipate you be taking at the start date (in mgs).

Tablet dose: the dose of your individual tablets.

Number of tablets: the total number (and/or fractions) of tablets you take per day. Examples: 2 tabs; 2.5 tabs; 0.75 tabs. These are the number of tablets (not doses), and the tablets used must be of the same dosage (strength).

Taper rate: if you are unsure, ask for the input of others. The majority of people probably titrate at a rate of about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. If you are unsure of where to start, and unless you have good reason to think you need a particularly slow taper, 1% per day is probably a good starting point. The taper plan can be altered later if need be.

Cylinder details: I will need to know the size of the cylinder you are using (100ml is recommended). I will also need to know that size of the marked increments. Just make sure that there enough increments for the given cylinder to ensure that the pill can be divided into small fractions (100ml cylinder with 1ml increments is always fine; 100ml with 2-5 increments is probably fine; 50ml with 5ml increments is not very useful). If you are using very large dose pills (for your given benzo), such as 10mg Valium or 2mg Xanax, you will absolutely need lots of increments. This usually means a 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments.

Please start you own titration thread on this board, and if you have any questions, someone will be along to help you."

p.s. You need to pick a future date as the Start Date; not ASAP or "today".

• 2 months later...
[a1...]

I water titrate Valium, my Neuro will not give me 2mg pills, only 10mg.

What I do is use a Beaker with 600ML, I feel it up with water 100ML; and toss the pill in, it dissolves by itself.

I then toss out 10ML every 14 days, which is like tossing 1ML from 10ML. 10 out of 100 from a 10mg pill.

Oh I use a spoon to stir the water, I stir it well too like a blender..it works well for me @ least.

Of course with water titration, there's always a margin of error but it's doable.

Keryn.

Hi,

when your dose is significantly less than 10mg per day, you might consider making reductions of about 5ml (from 100ml). With a 10mg pill, this would equate to 0.5mg reductions - a similar reduction to those making quarter-pill reductions of their 2mg Valium tablets.

[a1...]

Colin,

Yes, that's exactly what I do, one could cut 0.5ml every 7 days or 14 days.

I had 2 years water titrating Klonopin experience, so I know water titration pretty well.

I know 2 years sounds like a long time, but after my c/t, I wanted to go slow..so far, it's been ok.

Keryn.

• 1 month later...

Hi Colin,

I am very new to forum posting so I appologise in advance if this is in the wrong spot.

I would like a titration schedule for the Klonopin I'm on.

I will be using a 100 mL graduated cylinder.

My current dose -- dry cut -- is approximately .03125 mg.

I use a .5 mg pill.

I would like to start 10/24/10.

I guess I would like to reduce 10% a week... (although at this point this mat be a bit too slow... I dunno).

I have been tapering since last December. I have been on this current dose for about 2 weeks.  I'm hoping for a smooth finish, possibly in 1-2 weeks?

Thanks !!

psf  :-\

• 4 months later...
[a1...]

Thinking about changing valium titration from water to milk. I'm not sure if I still toss the same amount or not.. I would think so..

Thanks, Keryn.

Thinking about changing valium titration from water to milk. I'm not sure if I still toss the same amount or not.. I would think so..

Thanks, Keryn.

You can go ahead and switch from water to milk without changing your methods whatsoever, just treat the milk as water. Just remember it's hard to see through though, so if you are using a lot of liquid, that pill needs to be thoroughly crushed beforehand.

[a1...]

Thanks, Keryn.

You can go ahead and switch from water to milk without changing your methods whatsoever, just treat the milk as water. Just remember it's hard to see through though, so if you are using a lot of liquid, that pill needs to be thoroughly crushed beforehand.

Thanks,

I usually just toss the pill in the water and let it dissolve, so with milk.. I will need to crush it before hand. I have a pill crusher, so I'll start doing this.

S#

• 3 months later...

Colin please help me with this, I find this extremely difficult but i can no longer handle dry cuts i guess its gettin too sensitive for my body n i have real bad withdrawals... :(

Start date: Tuesday monday june 27th,2011,

Dose: im taking 7 mg of valium in the morning and 7.5 at night...i would lk to titrate the morning first till im left to 0 and then start the night part if thats ok?

Tablets: im using one 5mg tab and one 2 mg tab in the morning, at night i use one 5mg tab and 1/2 a 5 mg tab

taper rate: 10% per day like suggested and 1 ml a day cut

Cylinder: I will be getting the 100 ml cylinder with 1 ml increments

Please help me set a schedule Colin, I would greatly appreciate it!

• 4 weeks later...
I haven't found this concern yet, (maybe I missed it) but I got sick off the yellow Klonopin .05....watch out for pill reductions, and manufacture changes...it could be the dye, it could be the 20% difference in whatever is in the stuff, but I am convinced I need the exact same color and and manufacture to avoid a major mess-up that set me all the way back. There's a whole thread on the differences, but I lost it....I just got my Valium and it's another color....

[ef...]