Do your teeth ache?

I've been dealing with weird sensations in my teeth.  Upper and lower on the right side ache and go through periods of sensitivity to hot and cold.  Briefly several teeth were acutely sensitive to pressure, felt like I was biting down on foil.  I'm trying to determine if this is w/d related.  Ashton mentions teeth, but not this stuff specifically.  It is freaking me out, aggravating dental phobias.  I wear a bite guard at night to deal with grinding.  I searched the forum on "teeth" and couldn't find much that was related to this.  Help!

Hi Luci,

Yes tooth/mouth/gum pain is all withdrawal related, sinus pain too. Sometimes it feels like all the teeth in my mouth are aching.

Obviously if in doubt better to get your dentist to check but could very well be withdrawal related.

Debbie  :)

I've been dealing with weird sensations in my teeth.  Upper and lower on the right side ache and go through periods of sensitivity to hot and cold.  Briefly several teeth were acutely sensitive to pressure, felt like I was biting down on foil.  I'm trying to determine if this is w/d related.  Ashton mentions teeth, but not this stuff specifically.  It is freaking me out, aggravating dental phobias.  I wear a bite guard at night to deal with grinding.  I searched the forum on "teeth" and couldn't find much that was related to this.  Help!

Hello sweet luci,

Been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing.  Yes the tooth sensetivity is real in w/d. It seems every nerve is just raw and over excited.  I still have it at one year off but it seems to be less intense. It feels like someone drilling my teeth and blowing cold air on them.  Hope you are doing ok, rstud

Thank you both!  Maybe I can stop disaster fantasies now. 

Struggling with fatigue (as always) but I think the jitters are less.  My hand doesn't shake as much putting stuff in the blender (weird but accurate gauge).  I've been looking for someone who knows how to approach adrenal fatigue, since that is what I've been dealing with long before I went off klonopin.  Had one disaster with an alternative health person.  Waiting for Medicare to kick in so I can see another.  On cancelation list for endocrinologist.  Health provider dance.

Yes I had this. I also broke two teeth early on from clenching my jaw.

You can put aside the dental fantasies. You are in wd. It will go away one day.

Thank you both!  Maybe I can stop disaster fantasies now. 

Struggling with fatigue (as always) but I think the jitters are less.  My hand doesn't shake as much putting stuff in the blender (weird but accurate gauge).  I've been looking for someone who knows how to approach adrenal fatigue, since that is what I've been dealing with long before I went off klonopin.  Had one disaster with an alternative health person.  Waiting for Medicare to kick in so I can see another.  On cancelation list for endocrinologist.  Health provider dance.

luci,

the adrenal fatigue is how this nightmare started for me.  It's what made me realize how poisonous these drugs are. I don't know anything to do about it though except ride it out.  rstud

There are *supposed* to be things you can take to help adrenal fatigue.  Right now I'm on a plant-based cortisol.  May take a while to see if it actually makes a difference.  There's also a good book by James Wilson: Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome.

I'd love to hear from others who have teeth that ache or are super sensitive.

Hi Luci,

As Deborah said, teeth are sensitive because of the proximity to our sinuses, which are often affected in withdrawal.  I'm glad to read you're wearing a bite guard.  I broke two teeth off at the gum line during and right after withdrawal and the dentist speculated it was due to grinding during sleep, which I wasn't aware of.  I barely slept, so I'm surprised I was asleep long enough to cause damage.  ;)

I've read on the forum about sensitive teeth quite frequently, so it is something many of us experience.  If in doubt, have your dentist check you out...but it's most likely just part of this process.

Challis

My teeth are very sensitive, as is just about everything else in my head.  My mouth is extremely dry as well, and apparently this is causing gum inflamation which I've never really had before.  This is especially bad at night when my mouth really dries out from breathing through my mouth because my sinuses are stuffed up!  Ah, the joys of withdrawal!

My teeth are very sensitive, as is just about everything else in my head.  My mouth is extremely dry as well, and apparently this is causing gum inflamation which I've never really had before.  This is especially bad at night when my mouth really dries out from breathing through my mouth because my sinuses are stuffed up!  Ah, the joys of withdrawal!

Ditto

I have terrible teeth pain.  It is anerve type pain.  Showed up about six months ago.  It has really been bad for last two weeks.

What is nerve pain like?  Maybe the super sensitivity, where the slightest pressure gives pain?  I don't think it is the dull ache I have a lot.