Need answers

[cr...]

I have my first Dr apt. With phyic apt Monday, please tell me what meds I should not let her try and put me on? I am so shakey today. Someone please let me know cause I don't know my meds and don't want her to call in meds that are addictive.  Ty all for being on this site. 

I don't ever want to get back on benzos , I just don't want her to put me on a med and I get home and research it and find that it is addictive. That's how I got on benzo's to start with. What is the main thing they try to put people on for withdraw?

there really is no great drug for withdrawal. I find that 15mg Remeron helps with sleep. Your doctor may suggest an antidepressant. if you are going to consider this, you may wish to ask your doctor for one that is not too activating. But withdrawal mostly just has to be suffered through. What are your current sx's?

I went on the quest looking for something to help also and had no luck. I tried Celexa and viibryd w no luck but I have seen many people on here that are having good luck with an antidepressant. I'm trying to give my brain time to heal before I add something. I'm hoping that with time these symptoms resolve as well. Hang in there!

[ee...]

As others have said and I agree that there is nothing that helps with benzo w/d. The only way out is through.

You have the right to not take anything at all. Your dr can't put you on anything without your permission.

In my opinion the CNS is very fragile during this recovery time and adding anything to upset that fine balance of neurotransmitters is very questionable.

Being prescribed an anti-depressant is what led to me being prescribed benzos......when all along it was the a/d that had an adverse effect and hyped me up. This led to many years of being poly drugged......just my story but not that uncommon at all.