Xanex 4 mg to 20 mg valium/day panic attacks & also percocet & pain

[Su...]

Anyone take benz's for panic attacks?  Is it possible to taper off the benz's and live panic free?

I'm also on disability due to a neck injury and subsequent surgery and pain.  Seeing pain doctor - was on 2 20 mg/oxycontin/day with 2 percocets for breakthrough pain (10 mg/each).  Now down to 20 mg percocet per day (did on my own - lowest dose I can do and survive the pain).

Someone mentioned some other site that had people who were addicted to prescription drugs other than just benz's - I forgot the name anybody know?

Is it possible to withdraw from both at the same time?  I did get off antidepressants (Paxil 20 mg/day), but still take 150 mg of trazadone at night to sleep (cause I refuse to take an ambien).

Would like to talk to people with double or multi-prescriptions who are tapering or people who had actual anxiety disorders (either diagnosed with general anxiety disorder or panic disorder or panic disorder with agoraphobia) who came off meds.

One more question:  If I can't handle the one for one 1 mg xanex to 1 10 mg valium taper, is it legal to buy them off the internet and then do the Ashton taper by oneself? 

i have just about every label in the book - :D

i decided to stop seeing shrinks so i could get better - but that was a personal decision for me - i made that decision when a doctor but my record on line for the who medical community to see that he thought i was doctor shopping for drugs - thats when i decided i don't need drugs and i don't need doctors.  it triple tripped my trigger and got me here.

i have not given up on therapy tho - i am seeing a therapist who cannot prescribe drugs - it is just to tempting for them to label and drug people if they have that power.

Thank you so much for posting Silver.  Yes, I have definitely decided I want to be drug and shrink-free.  Not positive I can do it for the pain (on disability because of that), but will take it one step at a time and once I'm benzo-free, can see if I can taper off the percocet.  I have ordered some self help books for Panic Disorder with workbooks and am seeing a therapist for the first time today who specializes in anxiety disorders (not an M.D. so can't write out any scripts).

I did a one for one taper yesterday from xanex to valium (traded 1 xanex for 1 10 mg valium).  My panic attacks are up and I'm extremely nervous (don't know if it's cause of that or still from the withdrawal from paxil and the other antidepressants the doctor wanted me on).

So glad I found this group and all of you wonderful people out there in cyber land.