Hyperactive mind

[...]

Hi to all,

I'm now down to 6mg of lexotan a day. Thankfully, I have'nt experienced a lot of withdrawal symptoms.

I have noticed that I am experiencing what I call a hyperactive mind. My thoughts race and I feel 'wound up'

This usually lasts for a few hours in the afternoon. My thoughts patterns go 3 times as fast as I'm used to.

It's disconcerting  and at times alarming.

My therapist informed me that it's endorphins -the body's natural response to benzo's.

I was wondering if anybody else experiences this?

How long does this usually last?

Will it continue after I have tapered?

Best wishes to all,

Kevin

Kev

Oh boy did I ever.I called it Brain diarreah, at the right taper speed it slows down, I Still Occasionally Suffer From IT ,BUT AT WHAT I CALL A "NORMAL" RATE

TAKE CARE

BOBERS

Thx for your reply bobersak2,

yeah, brain diarreah is a good way of describing it or feeling a bit like this fellow  :yippee:

Congrats on being off the benzo's !!

Best wishes,

kev

Hi, Kev,

Yes, I had that symptom too. Unfortunately, it's still with me, though not as bad as before. It comes and goes.

Therese

• 3 weeks later...

i have attention deficient disorder - man drug companies just love labels so much and the drugs that cure any individuality.

however when your mind is going toooooooo fast meditation and relaxing music can help.

Yes, I too experience something similiar.  When it happens, I tend to channel the energy into cleaning.  For example, last night I was up until 2 am CLEANING.  I feel much more relaxed today and it's nice to have such a clean house :D

Maggie

kev - if you are drinking coffee you may want to stop.

some chamomile tea or zen tea is very relaxing and if you create a relaxation ritual it will help.

something like having a special ceramic cut to drink from some deep breathing

to the count of four

thru your nose inhale deep enough to fill the lower quadrant of your lungs

hold one second

exhale to the count of four thru your mouth

hold one second.

repeat no less that four times

think of nothing but your breaking

relax

see - feel better now  ;)

maggie - cleaning used to be the best way to clear my mind and my home - unfortunately i have not been doing that lately - but it would be a good time to start.

Thx silver,

I don't drink coffee so that's not a problem  :)

The tea sounds like a good idea!

I've slowed down my taper rate and that has helped.

Appreciate the post,

kev

your welcome thinking too fast plagues many of us - i think the real problem is that a lot of people are just to dam slow -

ps hope google spelt plague right - i am not referring to tartar build up.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I too experience something similiar.  When it happens, I tend to channel the energy into cleaning.  For example, last night I was up until 2 am CLEANING.  I feel much more relaxed today and it's nice to have such a clean house :D

Maggie

Cleaning has always been a tool in my mental recovery from benzos. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You get to feel like you have SOME control in your life, even if it's just the cleanliness and organization of your home.  It is esp imp. when you feel so out of control of your life and self with w/d.  I highly recommend it. ;)

Damn, I wish I was like that. When I feel unwell (especially benzo-unwell), everything is just left! ::) I think most people here are like me in this regard.

• 5 weeks later...

this is a real good topic. I dread when my mind is racing so fast, that I can't slow it down....and I have so many thoughts, feelings, ideas, and worry about useless things.

I try reading, just to focus on one thing, sometimes it works, I think it depends how bad my mind is overloaded. I get so jealous because my husband can sit and watch a movie, and he will tell me to concentrate on the movie and eventually I too will be involved with the movie....it's hard for him to understand.

cleaning, now that sounds like something to do. If my mind can't get organized at least my house would be. Plus i would be so tired from cleaning that I would beable to have a good nite sleep.

what I am not looking forward to it still having w/d's after I am off the benzo's completely.....

gina

• 3 weeks later...

kev i miss you - the never ending story is just not he same w/o you - in fact the never ending story ended w/o you.

i hope you are ok - would love to hear from you again. :(