Approval

[Mo...]

Hello!

I am joining this forum to learn more about

medications I am taking and to see others experiences and to share mine.

Thank you for your consideration!

Moxie

Hello Moxie :hug:

Welcome to benzobuddies, what meds are you taking ?  are you looking to taper off ? I am glad you found us

Feel free to check out the forum and post if you want to, others will be along shortly to welcome you.

If your taking benzos The Ashton Manual has some good information on benzodiazepines

Make yourself comfortable you'll find a great community of people who are here to support and encourage you

Let us know If you have any questions and we will do our best to answer them

If you wish to add a signature, history of meds and dose etc this link will show you how Click Here

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

Hello Moxie,

I too welcome you to the forum  :)

Here you will get plenty of support from a group of very caring and knowledgeable people.

I assume you are taking a benzodiazepine, if so maybe you could give us some more details of which benzo you are taking and at what dose. You can put this information in your Signature line. The more information we have about you, the better equipped we are to assist you. Magrita has given you the link explaining how to create a Signature.

I'm glad you found us and I wish you well.

Debbie

Hello Magrita and Deborah!

Thank you for your responses!

I am wanting to taper off my Ativan 3 mg per day. It was prescribed for me in November of last year by my oncologist for nausea and anxiety.

Eight months prior to that I had switched from Xanax ER 2mg per day to phenobarbital which I don't recall my dose (not an extremely high dose) and this was a success which I was so proud of!!! I was prescribed the Xanax for anxiety and restlessness due to a traumatic brain injury from a head on collision a few yrs ago. I was devastated to go to Ativan but the non narcotic meds did nothing for my nausea.

My Psychiatrist took over prescribing it and made it clear that she does not usually liberally script it but she knows I have been through so much she allowed it.

I did ask would she be willing to prescribe phenobarbital. She said it would be too much shock for my body. So, I have procrastinated to taper but soon will taper and no doubt will appreciate the mutual support.

I look forward to getting to know the members and I hope all are feeling well and achieving success!!!

Hello Moxie,

You are welcome for the response  :)

I am so sorry to hear what you've been through.

We will be here for you when you feel ready to begin tapering from the Ativan and we will support and advise you of the best way to go.

In the meantime here is a link to The Ashton Manual which is a good basic resource for understanding benzodiazepines, how they affect the body and how to withdraw from them.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm 

We look forward to hearing from you, take care.

Debbie.

Hi Moxie :hug:

When your ready as Debbie has said we will be here for you, looking forward to seeing you around the forum

You might like to start a Buddie blog  Moxie, thats were most of us are, there is no rush, in your own time :thumbsup:

Nice to meet you

Magrita