Possible interest by Erin Brockovich

[el...]

If anyone here would like to “get the news out” about benzo w/d, this may be a chance. This was posted on one of the FB benzo sites. The Erin is Erin Brockovich.

Erin’s people mentioned it would be quite helpful if at least 10 people were to write to Erin’s link with our benzo stories, writing about such aspects as not being informed about the addictive nature of benzos, the torment of withdrawal/tapering, top 10 symptoms, abilities/relationships that have suffered, and not to get too lengthy in personal detail, but rather pertinent facts, so they can more easily compile our stories for their consideration.

And call it hugely unfair (selfish, maybe, even though I myself have taken antidepressants like Remeron, Prozac, Wellbutrin & Paxil, over the past 10 years), if you would, please keep your antidepressant stories to a minimum, as antidepressants open an entirely different psychotropic issue (one very different trial), and would include Librium, Seroquel, and dozens of other medications (mood stabilizers/ antipsychotics)to the mix, which would likely act as a deterrent to Erin pursuing the benzo matter.

I know almost all of us have an antidepressant background, but let this one fight be about benzos, please.

So like I mentioned, short, sweet, but don’t hold anything pertinent back!!!

This just might be our one shot at making a statement to someone who could make a huge difference, so please, let’s not squander it!!!

Here is Erin’s link. - http://www.facebook.com/l/cAQG514u0AQEr3ipSanWX7J7Y0FWn_QExAAaoV3gHbB4zPQ/www.brockovich.com/pharmaceutical.html

And forgive me if you’ve already written Erin today, but if you haven’t, please help make a difference for all of us; those we love, who love us, and who’ve yet to experience the hell of benzo recovery.

If anyone here would like to “get the news out” about benzo w/d, this may be a chance. This was posted on one of the FB benzo sites. The Erin is Erin Brockovich.

Erin’s people mentioned it would be quite helpful if at least 10 people were to write to Erin’s link with our benzo stories, writing about such aspects as not being informed about the addictive nature of benzos, the torment of withdrawal/tapering, top 10 symptoms, abilities/relationships that have suffered, and not to get too lengthy in personal detail, but rather pertinent facts, so they can more easily compile our stories for their consideration.

And call it hugely unfair (selfish, maybe, even though I myself have taken antidepressants like Remeron, Prozac, Wellbutrin & Paxil, over the past 10 years), if you would, please keep your antidepressant stories to a minimum, as antidepressants open an entirely different psychotropic issue (one very different trial), and would include Librium, Seroquel, and dozens of other medications (mood stabilizers/ antipsychotics)to the mix, which would likely act as a deterrent to Erin pursuing the benzo matter.

I know almost all of us have an antidepressant background, but let this one fight be about benzos, please.

This just might be our one shot at making a statement to someone who could make a huge difference, so please, let’s not squander it!!!

Here is Erin’s link. - http://www.[PROSCRIBED WEBSITE #1]/l/cAQG514u0AQEr3ipSanWX7J7Y0FWn_QExAAaoV3gHbB4zPQ/www.brockovich.com/pharmaceutical.html

And forgive me if you’ve already written Erin today, but if you haven’t, please help make a difference for all of us; those we love, who love us, and who’ve yet to experience the hell of benzo recovery.

Thank you for this post, this is wonderful news! I just wanted to make one small correction in your post.  :)

Librium is a benzodiazepine. I have been trying to taper from Xanax, but have been unsuccessful and have been switched to Librium which has a longer half-life.

Again, thanks for this post. :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Here is Erin’s link. - http://www.[PROSCRIBED WEBSITE #1]/l/cAQG514u0AQEr3ipSanWX7J7Y0FWn_QExAAaoV3gHbB4zPQ/www.brockovich.com/pharmaceutical.html

Bumping...my story sent. Short, sweet, and sad :( but it would be awesome to see a different being made. I encourage you to write. What could it hurt? It could only help so that maybe eventually this won't happen to anyone else.

xoxox

Sarah

Thanks, I've thrown my hat into the ring, too.  That link at the beginning was working, but something is wrong with it now, so for anyone else who would like to join in, the link is:

http://www.brockovich.com/pharmaceutical.html

The original link was to a Face Book page - we don't allow these links. Because of (attempted) abuses of our members occurring without, we do not allow links to Networking sites that might compromise members' real world identities.