Leg Pain

[bm...]

I think my leg achiness/tingling is coming from my Lipitor statin medication, the w/d leg aches have never woken me up out of sleep. I started

The statin 3 months ago and the pain started almost 2 months ago. Also the leg pain isn't worse when I have physical activity.

Try asking your doc to switch to pravastatin.  It's supposedly milder with potentially less s/x and very cheap ($4 a month generic).

Been on it for a couple years.

Good luck,

Vertigo

[c3...]

Z.,

I have read on numerous sites/forums as well as the Lipitor site that insomnia, GI upset and back pain as well as various other pains are all side effects of the medication. Perhaps that is one of your culprits.

Be well.

Melo

:smitten:

Melo- I had the bowel urgency before the Lipitor, my problem is I starred o

Feel better month 6 and then I went downhill again and all the same symptoms came back:

Shaking, Nausea, achy all over body, red eyes, horrible insomnia, Zombie Fatigue, skin burning, achy tingling legs, I'm supposed to get better now worse! Almost impossible to work, is this Normal? Are people bed ridden at 7 1/2 months where all try want to do is lay in bed? What should I do guys? I'm losing it, can barely keep my eyes open and stand up straight. Is anyone with me here?

[c3...]

Well perhaps the Lipitor is magnifying old symptoms and creating new ones, e.g. the leg pain. You said the pain didn't come until after you stared the Lipitor. It seems J Rabbit's mom also had pain and I've read about many others having pain from that medication. I think symptoms wax and wane until one day they are just gone altogether. That's been my experience. Non linear.

Nothing about this is really "normal", but it does end.

Be well.

Melo

:smitten:

Yeah I asked my mom about this (she has never taken a benzo in her life) and she said her Dr. told her it was a side effect of lipitor.  She switched to Zocor (not sure how its spelled) and she said she still has it but not as bad.  Jess