Feedback on using a milk titration taper

[...]

Hello Taperers,

I really like what I have read concerning a milk titration taper. If any of you have used that method, please share your experience with me. For instance, does the benzo really mix evenly in the milk?

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Nope, sorry I haven't used the method yet, but I just wanted say howdy :)  I'm sure you'll get some responses soon.

Good Luck,

Maggie

Hey Dan,

I used a milk taper. I had no problem getting the benzo-- in my case generic valium-- to mix in the milk, but I made sure I used whole milk, not 2% or skim. And I crushed up the benzo after it had a chance to soak up the milk too.

If you go to my "home stretch" blog in the archives, you can see where Jana and I worked out my milk titration. Basically I dissolved my benzo in milk then added a small amount of vodka to it for preservative reasons and made up the rest with distilled water. I went from 0.25 mg of valium to 0.0005 of the same using that formula and I had very little problems with it. Most of my problem was making sure I drew up the correct amount in the syringe every night since I titrated down 0.01 mg each night; I had someone always check my amount behind me.

You probably won't have to go down as far as I did; I went that far simply for peace of mind and I don't regret it. It only added ten days to my taper.

Good luck!

rufus

Hey Dan

I used it, it seemed to be well integrated and evenly distributed, make sure you as Rufus says whole milk, make sure you shake it or stir it well. then to make sure after all the solution of milk and benzo was taken ,I usually swirled water in the jar and drank that to make sure all the solution was consumed. Seemed to work ,don't know if it was all absorbed in the milk as I had no way of proving it empirically, but as I said it seemed to work.

Take care

Bobers

Hi Everyone,

I have been spending time on the Yahoo benzo site. They have a ton of info on the water taper. Plus lots of examples of people who have used it successfully. A possible advantage to the water taper is a person's ability to see the drug in suspension. Then you know how evenly it is distributed.

Right now I am leaning towards the water taper since I have more examples of people using it successfully.

Also, on their site, is a Excel spreadsheet that lays out a ton of info to plan your taper. I found that very useful.

Right now I am trying to recover from two very fast tapers spaced 3 weeks apart. I hope getting stable will not take a long time since I have work on Aug 22nd.

Dan

Hi Dan,

Water can be used, thats' for sure. Though a previous moderator of here found that benzo particles are attracted to the fat in milk. Using homogenised milk (where the fat is even distributed, means that the benzo powder should be more evenly spread throughout the solution. Our method works just the same with water, but you need to take extra care that benzo powder in evenly distributed - the use of an electric whisk just before each step and consumption is the usual way to achieve this.

I do need to get back to our instructions; they are too long winded. I'll try working on them soon. I didn't at us to go down the spreadsheet route. A simple spreadsheet can be used by most people by loading the free Excel spreadsheet viewer, but it will not work with active spreadsheets (where you can enter values into fields). It is purely a viewer, and very many people do not have a full version of Excel.

Anyway, plenty of options - this is good. It is best to go with what we feel works best for us.