rib cage pain

[ca...]

does anyone have right rib cage pain with back pain and a throbbing stomach is that normal withdrawal it also feel like i have an infflamation been to hospital number of times nothing going crazy with this also feels like something is tingling in my organs

I do, every day. I am 14 weeks off a c/t today. It is a little less intense. I have not found anything to help it, I have just learn to live with it and hope the longer I am off the less it will become. It is a common withdraw symptom. I have been to the doctor several times for it last time I c/t, several tests and nothing showed up. Just try to relax and accept it as a withdrawal and your body is healing.

I know another buddy who does....Schatje is her name....maybe I can get her to weigh in..she has the rib pain as well. 

I'm here, Carlos!  :)

Yes, I know this EXACT pain/discomfort and have had it since I was 8 months off of Benzos.  Although I did find out I had 2 very small gallstones, my gallbladder proved to be healthy and there were no other issues (I went to the hospital as well).  So the doctor couldn't explain the pain.

I have had it off/on ever since and your description is BANG on.  It's right sided rib pain, that sometimes hits my back and the centre of my stomach where the ribs meet.  I also get chest pain but not always.  And my organs feel itchy or tingly...I often want to be able to put my hand through my ribs to itch inside.  I find the more calm I stay with it the better, and sometimes a hot shower gives me relief.  A heating pad feels good - it doesn't take the feeling away but it is comforting.  When I was getting hit with this initially, one member spoke of her husband having it as well, and it did go away for him eventually. 

I still have it, but it does become less now.  For me, it's worse during hormonal changes. 

All my best,

Schatje

me too. have had rib pain on and off since d/c k. Mine is achy.

There is a condition that causes the cartilage between your ribs to get sore, but generally it usually shows up after an injury.

Could be like some one else mentioned referred pain from gallbladder stones. Often sand size gallstones pass but can cause pain in the ribs and between the shoulder blades. Sometimes with nausea and/or vomiting.

Does it come and go? Like maybe 1-2 hrs after you eat? Have you noticed it is worse after a high fat meal?

Did the doctors do CT or G-B test?

Can you describe type of pain? Colic like, sharp or more dull achy?

That could help doc R/O (rule out)GB disease.

I went a couple of times to ER in my past with similar sxs, only to be told, it was gas. It is possible it might be that too.

I know and have read that pressure in the gut cavity can cause pains in some strange spots.

Sorry, didn't see you had all the test.

Sounds like yet another one of the quirky benzo w/d things. :tickedoff:

Mine comes and goes in cycles and intensity. Wasn't there 1 mon off K. 2nd mon - bad. Now getting close to 3 m off - better.

I just developed this rib cage pain a few days after a 10% Valium cut.  I thought I had cracked a rib.  It hurts when I lay down.

Golden

Yes...very common....they took my gall bladder out becasue they did not know what else to do...that was a mistake...that was not the problem...it is muscle related.

The muscles spasm and ache and that is all it is....will go away in time...lots of time.

Andy

I just developed this rib cage pain a few days after a 10% Valium cut.  I thought I had cracked a rib.  It hurts when I lay down.

Golden

I've gone over my journal. Mine is often positional too and also seems to have a cycle to it. Almost seems to correspond with food time passing in gut?? :-\ I'm just guessing and since benzo w/d affects G-I too, I think in my case - maybe you too - it is the added pressure in the gut cavity pushing up on the chest cavity.

Gee, could also be a combo w/d sxs associated with the increased muscle, soft tissue and bone pain.

Have you tried alternating ice and heat on the area? That helped me some. I wouldn't suggest taking any NSAIDs (ibuprofen, like Motrin or Advil or naprosyn) for relief. From what I have experienced and read they can make w/d sxs worse. Some time Tylenol helps me too. But I try the ice and moist heat first. Star Gazer

I do have a mildly fatty liver so that could be it too but my doctor said it is fine and they felt it and my doctor said i feel a lot of tense muscle its awful makes it worse this withdrawal! :tickedoff:

sorry you have this.

I have it on my left side. It is hard to sleep on that side as the pain is so bad. My pain wraps around into my back. My spine burns and tingles.

Hope yours feels better soon.

I also had an excellent PT certified in Myofacial release technique. After she did the 1/2 hr sessions I had 2-3 x a wk for 3 wks, I got good relief for > 6 hrs after the rx.

That pain now thankfully just seemed to resolve.

I still do get a fair bit of pressure pain on my mid back spine bones. As best as I can by myself, I try doing the same gentle fingertip pressure application until I feel the tightness ease.

Maybe your doctor could write a script for PT, but make sure that the therapist is certified in the myofacial release technique. From what other PT's have told me it takes quite a bit of actual practice to get good at it. I don't know if it is listed in the alternative section forum, but you can read up on it by doing a net search.