Author Topic: rib cage pain  (Read 831 times)

[Buddie]

Re: rib cage pain
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 11:44:46 am »
Yes...very common....they took my gall bladder out becasue they did not know what else to do...that was a mistake...that was not the problem...it is muscle related.

The muscles spasm and ache and that is all it is....will go away in time...lots of time.

Andy
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 06:20:04 pm »
I just developed this rib cage pain a few days after a 10% Valium cut.  I thought I had cracked a rib.  It hurts when I lay down.

[...]

I've gone over my journal. Mine is often positional too and also seems to have a cycle to it. Almost seems to correspond with food time passing in gut?? :-\ I'm just guessing and since benzo w/d affects G-I too, I think in my case - maybe you too - it is the added pressure in the gut cavity pushing up on the chest cavity.
Gee, could also be a combo w/d sxs associated with the increased muscle, soft tissue and bone pain.

Have you tried alternating ice and heat on the area? That helped me some. I wouldn't suggest taking any NSAIDs (ibuprofen, like Motrin or Advil or naprosyn) for relief. From what I have experienced and read they can make w/d sxs worse. Some time Tylenol helps me too. But I try the ice and moist heat first. Star Gazer
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 02:46:40 am »
I do have a mildly fatty liver so that could be it too but my doctor said it is fine and they felt it and my doctor said i feel a lot of tense muscle its awful makes it worse this withdrawal! :tickedoff:

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 04:35:33 am »
sorry you have this.
I have it on my left side. It is hard to sleep on that side as the pain is so bad. My pain wraps around into my back. My spine burns and tingles.

Hope yours feels better soon.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 04:49:53 am »
I also had an excellent PT certified in Myofacial release technique. After she did the 1/2 hr sessions I had 2-3 x a wk for 3 wks, I got good relief for > 6 hrs after the rx.

That pain now thankfully just seemed to resolve.

I still do get a fair bit of pressure pain on my mid back spine bones. As best as I can by myself, I try doing the same gentle fingertip pressure application until I feel the tightness ease.

Maybe your doctor could write a script for PT, but make sure that the therapist is certified in the myofacial release technique. From what other PT's have told me it takes quite a bit of actual practice to get good at it. I don't know if it is listed in the alternative section forum, but you can read up on it by doing a net search.