Tapering and work

[...]

This August is fairly free of work for me and hence I wanted to start my taper. However, September is quite busy. I am concerned about having withdrawal symtoms in the middle of a busy work season. What are your thoughts about tapering and its impact on work?

Should I stay a stable dose for my travel and client meetings and wait till my schedule frees up to continue the taper?

Thanks

Personally, I'm all for adapting tapering schedules to fit our lives. It makes sense to me. Also, we can sometime hit rough patches during the withdrawal. and for no apparent reason. I think a break in such a situation is well advised too.

Hi, Dan,

Sure, it's fine to slow down your taper during times you expect to be busy. When I was cutting tablets, I would sometimes delay a cut a few days if I needed to be fully alert and "with it." Or I would make a smaller cut instead so that I could continue with the taper but not have as bad of w/d symptoms.

If you are going to taper with a liquid, you'll have the most control over your taper. Just listen to your body and slow down when things get to be too much to handle for your situation. Very few of us here stayed on a strict schedule.

Therese