Hang in there....SERIOUSLY!!!!!

[as...]

Almost 1.5 years FREE and feeling GREAT (and have been feeling great for quite a long time!!!) As much as I tried to stay positive on here during my benzo mess I was in a very bad place.... Now I am 200% healed.. The healing time may very from person to person.. but please just remember no matter what your time frame is you WILL heal. I am in a place now were the word "Benzo" has not even came into my mind when during my brutal taper it was a word that flooded my mind 20 times a day and literally scared me and made me sick. My purpose of this post is to let you all know, no mater how hard it is for you now.. you WILL heal, 100% PLUS! and this whole scary mess will be a thing of a past and not even a taunting memory.  Even though this whole experience is soooo traumatizing it can still be easily forgotten. I was so sick that I thought I would be haunted for life with some post traumatic stress disorder, but not the case.. I am now living a wonderful happy life I was meant to do!! In a strange way I actually benefited from it all,  the whole ordeal taught me to be conscious about  anything I put in my body..not just medications but food even. I am now living a medication free (not even over the counter stuff) all natural paleo diet. Happily working an active 40+ hour job a week and more energetic then ever (I could not even do that pre-benzo days!!!) No matter how hard it may be for you all still tapering please have faith. Don't just think that I must be one of the lucky ones. That is not the case. PLEEEASE  Stay positive and know you will get through this and life will be way better then before!!! Not only will you have a whole new  outlook on life and appreciate the small things more but you can truly have the confidence to make it through anything after dealing with this hell.. Look at is as a cleansing process of your old "medicated" life and just know a clean fulfilling HAPPY life is waiting for you on the other side!!!!!!!! It may take time but you will get there!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Ashley

[fa...]

Ashley

I a big congrats on resuming your life and living better than ever before.  So appreciate you making the time to stop and post such hopeful news people in acute withdrawal so need to hear this.  All the best for a great future.

Lizzy

Hi Ashley,

Hi and congrats! I am always scared because I have been on benoz as needed for 30 years. I hope I have the same result as you did.

I think I am older than you are but hey maybe I will kick this terrible mess.

Annie :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello Ashley and congratulations on finding your way back home. I wish that all good BB's would find their way back here to share such comforting words and wishes.

Best of luck in your healthy new life!!

M.  :)

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for coming back and posting your success story.  These stories are so important to those of us that are still here and are going thru what you have healed from.  Hearing that you have done this and have gone on with your life is fantastic.  I'm so happy for you.

I know what you mean about benzo coming to your mind about 20 times a day. Easily 20 times a day - more like 4 xs that I have.  I realized tonight I went out into the real world and did not talk about benzos not one time for the 4 hours I was out and about people. That was rare for me, for I seem to usually bring it up some how in a comment or conversation.  I so hope to get to the day where I don't think about it or talk about my w/d.  I try to do that now, but it is just too big of my life still.

May you continue to have a wonderful healthy life Ashley,

thank you again for your words,

:hug:

Sally  :angel:

Congrats Ashley, hearing your story helps in more ways than any doctor could. That's the motivation I need tomorrow will be 3 weeks off my klonopin and it's Ben soooo hard! Everything thing is just a mess it feels. I pray every day I will be able to share the same story as you!

Ashley -

So very thoughtful for your words of encouragement! Gives us all hope through this what seems like a endless

journey. Gives me hope to just keep on going. We will be healed!

Congrats on your success & I wish for many blessings to come your way :smitten:

SERIOUSLY, THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH, ASHLEY :hug: :hug:

Sincerely,

Joe

Congrats to you Ashley on your newfound freedom and heaing!  Thank you so much for coming on here to post your story to give many of us on here the hope that is so needed.  As I am getting further along in my taper and closer to being off, I am spending more time reading the success stories to help get me through.  I'm trying my best, as you did, to try and stay positive no matter how tough it is.  I keep telling myself how much closer I am to having this poison out of my body and closer to healing.

Donna

:smitten:

Ashley,

Thank you so much for this story! It is just what I needed to hear today. I have been off benxos for 9 months and the past two months I felt almost back to myself, but am now in a week long wave of anxiety, benzo blues, just overall not feeling too great (not as severe as waves used to be, but just so discouraging).

I was wondering if you could share some about your last few months of healing. Do you remember going long stretches of feeling much better, just to have to come crashing down in a wave? These waves take me back to square one and make me feel like this benzo thing is never going to fully leave me alone. If you could give me any hope I would appreciate it so much!

Thank you!

congrats happy for u , ihave same proplem like passion iwas so good last 2 months , and normal last 3 days start have bad anxiety again, can u tell us how was ur last months ?

• 1 year later...

Almost 1.5 years FREE and feeling GREAT (and have been feeling great for quite a long time!!!) As much as I tried to stay positive on here during my benzo mess I was in a very bad place.... Now I am 200% healed.. The healing time may very from person to person.. but please just remember no matter what your time frame is you WILL heal....Look at is as a cleansing process of your old "medicated" life and just know a clean fulfilling HAPPY life is waiting for you on the other side!!!!!!!! It may take time but you will get there!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Ashley

THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU! GOD I NEEDED TO HEAR GREAT NEWS! How long before you started feeling good? I am so freaking happy for you!  :clap:

• 3 months later...
Such a great success story....I want mine to sound exactly like this....thank you for taking the time to write this, it gives hope to so many of us... cooperten

• 3 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

Dear Ashley.  So happy for you.  The similarities between our stories is interesting.  So I am encouraged by your success.  I am in my 16th month and it is so up and down, good days ,bad days that it is very discouraging.  Thank you so very much for coming back to offer your kind and supportive help to those of us still on the road of recovery.  May you continue to be healthy and to be happy....as Spock would say...Live long and prosper. You deserve it. Happy trails.

:smitten:

Galea

Wow, Ashley!  Congratulations.  I am so happy for you!  You must feel amazing.  :thumbsup: Thank you so much for sharing your story.  I cried as I read it.  I am just at the beginning of my withdrawal. I'm struggling so much. I question if this is even worth it or if it is ever even possible to be somewhat normal again.  Your story really touched me.  Your message of hope is such a gift to those of us who are feeling awful and unsure. Thank you again!