Milk or water for titration?

[...]

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the BenzoBuddies forum.

One of our former moderators, Jana, discovered that if full-fat homogenised milk id used, the powdered will cling to the fat globduals. Since the fat is evenly distributed throughout the milk, so is the benzo powder. This means that (depending upon the exact titration method), if you take a proportion of the milk, or are discarding a proportion of the milk, you can be pretty sure that you are taking or discarding a similar propertion of benzo powder.

You can use water, but we think it is less reliable. If using water, you would need to grind the benzo into the finest possible powder, and use a hand blender to mix the solution immediately before you take a dose of the solution, or are discarding part of the solution. Certainly many people have used water successfully, but using milk is probably more accurate.

• 2 weeks later...
does this mean the 1/2 cream and 1/2 milk would work even better - or whip cream work even better then 1/2 and 1/2 - cause i really like 1/2 and 1/2 well i like whip cream to..

No. Homogenisation is a process that results in evenly distributing the fat throughout the milk. If you add cream, it will still separate (rise) when mixed with milk. Use homogenised milk instead.

Here in the States, almost all the milk is homogenized--so you can get it in 1%, 2%, and 4% (= whole milk, or "full-fat milk," as you call it) versions.

Silver, I think that whole milk is probably best, though 2% could probably be used in a pinch. I just think using the whole milk is safer since there's more fat in it. I think 1% is practically water and should be avoided, and skim milk will certainly not work.

Ah, then yes, full-fat milk should be used (or maybe as Therese suggested, semi-skimmed could be used at a pinch). It's the other way round here: most milk is not homogenised. I've just checked the small print on my milk, and it is homogenised. I always assumed that it wasn't because it isn't stated in big letters. I switched from full-fat to semi-skimmed (2% fat, I guess) a long time ago, and assumed I wasn't getting the cream at the top because there was much less fat in it. I'll have a look at the full-fat milk the next time I'm buying to see if that is homogenised too. Maybe it all changed over time, and I never noticed because I inadvertently switched to homogenised milk when I switched to semi-skimmed. I dunno. :wacko:

In the States, about the only place you can find nonhomogenized milk is at a natural foods store. The regular grocery stores don't carry it, as far as I know--I haven't shopped at a "regular" store in some time.

Therese

Hi Dan,

I used Half and half....yum.  I tapered directly from Temazepam (capsule) 30 mgs,

by opening capsule and shaking up in half and half.  I started out using an empty

1 oz vanilla bottle and putting in my capsule and filling with half and half.  I used

teaspoon method and took 1 teaspoon = 5mg/ 6 times a day.  Then reduced from

there, little by little.  It took me 7 months to get off the T.  It wasn't easy, but

it can be done.  Keep your milk mix in fridge.  Threaten the benzos :muscle:  :tickedoff: They

will retreat :thumbsup:

Carole