Author Topic: How long does it take for benzos to leave your system?  (Read 182349 times)

[Buddie]

Re: How long does it take for benzos to leave your system?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2007, 06:04:50 pm »
amper just thought i would come back and read this - wish it was in a blog so others could read it and it would be easier to access.

i know it is not politically correct but i just busted out laughing when i read how you took all your valium in a fit of determination and anger and then jumped in with both feet.

this is great stuff for those forced to go cold turkey - cause there are people that will not get another prescription - there are people who will be treated like it is all in their head - nothing to it.

so it is good to see the steps you took to deal with going cold turkey - what worked what didn't and how you dealt with it.

;)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 01:40:11 am »
Hey [...]... unfortunately, this is not the cold turkey board.  I won't advocate CT because it is dangerous... I just happened to get away with it.   If someone really needs to know anything about CT, they can PM me.  Otherwise, I can't stick my neck out and say "It's do-able."   After talking to kayjay, I realized how sick she is on just 2.75mgs of Xanax.   I had to be very careful as to what I said to her... I was very careful and I paid attention to what she said, how she sounded and I used my gut instinct.  :socool:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 07:25:52 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 07:10:31 pm »
you got guts and you got sensitivities and amper i enjoy you very much.

:-*

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 07:26:43 pm »
you got guts and you got sensitivities and amper i enjoy you very much.:-*

Thanks.  I try my best not to be a goober!  :crazy:

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 08:04:11 pm »
Thanks.  I try my best not to be a goober!  :crazy

Amp, you couldn't be a goober if you tried.

Christine/[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 03:51:00 am »
To [...],
Did you cold turkey off that much xanax and valium in October , or I was I reading something else.

New to this type of many layered discussion/forum and I am trying to focus on real solutions.

If so, how did you do it?
thanks , Peaches

Also how do I find the reply to my question? ???

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 04:04:12 am »
Also how do I find the reply to my question? ???

Hi Peaches!
to find the reply to your question, in the upper right hand corner of any page there is a link that says "Show unread posts since last visit. Click on that, then look for the thread you posted in "Re: How long does it take for benzos to leave your system?"  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2008, 04:06:46 am »
Peaches,

It was [...] who did the CT, not [...].  If you want to read about his experience, go to the forum page, go to General Withdrawal Support (which is the section you are in now), and find the thread called "[...] is over the Hump".  

Peaches, what solutions are you looking for?  

The best way to have your questions answered is to start a new thread in the New Member introduction section.

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2008, 06:44:17 am »
peaches - amper has had a lot of experience with this stuff - do not follow his example please.

he pretty much knew what he was getting into and has been on and off of these before.  i did not support his decision but i appreciated the experience of his adventure for the use of those that HAVE NO CHOICE.

it is not a cake walk tapering off benzos and the repercussions of a cold turkey can be very very very hard on someone.  so please do not even consider this option.

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2008, 08:38:09 am »
Peaches,

If you are considering a CT, please think again. I have had two disasterous experiences with CT. Once on my own, once in a detox clinic.  I was almost driven mad.  Please listen to [...] and me when we tell you this should not be an option for quitting your benzos.

XXXXX
Christine/[...]