Author Topic: How long does it take for benzos to leave your system?  (Read 161756 times)

[Buddie]

Re: How long does it take for benzos to leave your system?
« Reply #260 on: December 22, 2016, 03:47:41 am »
IMO, you are tapering way too fast and risking a melt down. :o  Let us know how you make out. [...]
Did you ever notice that when you were tapering down or off the benzos altogether that you react differently to all sorts of situations, voices sound different, major things feel major, minor things feel major  (over-sensitive), your choice of words in any conversation take on a different approach... more like living in the here and now almost.   ;)

Absolutely.  This last cut hit me a bit more than any of the others.  Weird. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #261 on: May 22, 2017, 02:50:54 am »
im on my ct for 8 days. weight loss , head heavy.

does htp-5 and tyrosine helps. took some to try out.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #262 on: August 14, 2017, 11:05:03 am »
For me with a slow metabolism of diazepam. Genetic missing the enzyme that is the most important to metabolise diazepam CYP2C19...It took me 5 weeks after 4 years of non stop using

[Buddie]

« Reply #263 on: September 01, 2017, 06:26:38 pm »
Hi Im new to tapering. But I take 1.mg of rivotril. Not familiar with the half [...] concept. I doubt I can switch.meds and if I do they may not even take into account how they vary in potency so.I have to stay with klonopin..its too small to split. This worries me. Thoughts?

[Buddie]

« Reply #264 on: September 21, 2017, 07:28:11 am »
It took me 5 weeks to become clean from Valium and I am a slow metabo÷set of Valium

[Buddie]

« Reply #265 on: October 13, 2017, 07:20:52 pm »
 I realize this is an old thread but I have some input on the subject.  Benzodiazepines are metabolized mainly by two different liver enzymes: CYP2C19 and CYP3A4.  Our genes will tell us how we will metabolize the drugs based on those enzymes.  For instance, because of a polymorphism, I am an ultra fast metabolizer of CYP2C19 drugs.  That means they will move through my system much quicker than normal folks.  That explains why my temazepam was only effective for 4 or 5 hours and the rest of the time I experienced tolerance issues.  It also explains why the valium does not work so well for my taper (darn)!Some people may be poor metabolizers, meaning the drug stays in their system longer, and most folks are in the middle - normal.  I found out about my genes by having genetic  testing done via a local company called Genelex and also 23 and Me.  There are several places online that will help analyze your findings. 

I [...] this helps someone understand why they are experiencing issues with these drugs.  Unfortunately, I was on them for almost 10 years before I figured it out.

[Buddie]

« Reply #266 on: October 24, 2017, 09:12:40 pm »
Wish i understood the Metabolism better with the Klonopin.  Never too good at math, and especially now with the withdrawals.
Does it matter the amt of years a person was on it?

[Buddie]

« Reply #267 on: October 25, 2017, 02:46:18 am »
i find what used to work for me isn't working that well anymore.

i do better with liquid forms of stuffs - enters your system faster.

i have some real smelly valerian tea - Valerian hops is the strongest form of Valerian - it may come in a tincture somewhere.

i have gone back to smoking - i am smoking indian spirit filtered.

[Buddie]

« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2018, 05:08:20 am »
[...], so the emphasis that all withdrawal programs including benzo's is to exercise and thus try to boost the metabolism. I would think that is the reason it is always incorporated into any withdrawal. Although again with exercise we also boost endorphins. It can only be predicted that if we keep active or start to be more active that the system will not have to work if you happen to not have a slow metabolism and along with the health benefits the metabolism boost may help. It certainly cannot. Hurt, it is always stressed no matter how difficult it may be to get up and do this with little sleep or no motivation,it just is helping ourselves possibly rid the system of benzos but make it easier for the body to adapt to a new healthy [...] along with sensible eating habits.

[Buddie]

« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2018, 01:29:40 am »
Im bad with calculations and math-stupid.

When I take benzodiazepine (LORAZEPAM),  2 mg,  i feel the effects after about 40-60 minutes. Then i am very sedated. I sleep. After 7 hours of sleep and waking up, I feel tremors and WD symptoms. So I guess after 7 hours lorazepam is already not with me, and my brain is 'protesting' for not it being present.

I think the ashton manual says how much half [...] for lorazepma but if someone wants to tell me you can do that in private or here, im pretty bad these days barely read or type