Author Topic: tight chest is it a wd sympton  (Read 709 times)

[Buddie]

tight chest is it a wd sympton
« on: August 04, 2012, 10:36:17 am »
hi blood pressure 113/71 is that normal i am a 51 yr old man pulse 71 tapering off diazepam down to 2.2mgs per day seen dr he said tightness is tension, i suffer with G.A.D so worry about myself all the time,any advice would be grateful as into 3 days from last cut.
 :)

Terry
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: tight chest is it a wd sympton
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:58:05 am »
tight  chest ,feeling like unable to take a full breath is tension
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 11:01:09 am »
Many of us have suffered from a tight chest, even pains in the chest. But advice is to always have your heart checked out by a qualified physician to be sure.

M.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 11:13:51 am »
hi blood pressure 113/71 is that normal i am a 51 yr old man pulse 71 tapering off diazepam down to 2.2mgs per day seen dr he said tightness is tension, i suffer with G.A.D so worry about myself all the time,any advice would be grateful as into 3 days from last cut.
 :)

Terry

Hi terry,

I'm sorry that you are feeling worried.

You might be reassured to know that your BP is with normal rage at 113/71. Normal BP is around 120/80. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_pressure

And your pulse rate at 71 is in the normal range too according to this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_rate

Do seek further medical reassurance if you are worried.  Could you try and distract, and do some deep breathing exercises?  Breathing deeply and fully is a very good counter active measure for stress responses.

[...] xxxx

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 11:23:43 am »
Hello,

Just thought I would post this as [...] mentioned about breathing exercises. It does help and did them myself when some of the more severe panic anxiety set in. There is nothing wrong with being checked out as the other buddies have said, it does give one peace of mind in knowing everything is OK.

Heart and lungs.
Palpitations, pounding heart, rapid pulse, flushing, sweating, and breathlessness are usual accompaniments of panic attacks, but may occur without panics. They do not signify heart or lung disease but are simply the expression of an overactive autonomic nervous system. Slow deep breathing and relaxation, as described under panic attacks, can do much to control these symptoms. Do not worry about them: they would be accepted as normal if you were running for a bus, and will do no more harm than if you really were!
http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm#13

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 11:29:46 am »
I had a tight chest and that sense of not getting air. Ended up, at night, I try to lie down on my back without a pillow to expand my lungs. When I got it during the day, I realized I was getting really hunched over, so I tried actively to get my head up and straighten my back so my ribs could move. I know it sounds sort of military, but it really made a difference. I am not sure what caused it, but the only solution for me was physical. Having said that, I went to the doctor about my heart and had it checked out, before all of this.

So, see your doctor if it is bad, because we just don't really know the causes of these things, though we can guess.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 11:34:44 am »
thankyou all for your advice needed reassuring  i guess dr sounded my chest yesterday and oxygen levels said it was tension as to my anxiety they seem to blame everything on it once your diagnosed i need to have more trust in him but every sympton gets exaggerated in your mind as being something bad the tightness and heaviness is a new thing to me so i panic,nice to know your there guys thankyou

Terry :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 11:38:02 am »
I'm glad your doc told you it wasn't your heart. But tightness, inability to take a deep breath in, well, these are very scary things to deal with!

It does fade in time, but sometimes it can revisit us.

Asking questions and getting supportive answers from fellow buddies is what we are all about here!

Best of luck on your healing journey.

M.  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2012, 11:43:19 am »
thankyou how would he know my heart is fine though by just listening to it and doing bp test and oxygen levels in the surgery,i should trust him i know but my anxiety is telling me other things he shouls send me for x rays ecg but never does.

Terry :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2012, 11:46:32 am »
I would think that any gentleman of your age should have a thorough and complete physical exam, which would include a cardio work up.

Perhaps you could call and have this scheduled.

M.