Could this be Akasthesia?

[He...]

I have the most HORRID pain, throughout my body. Impossible to describe, worse when remaining still or lying down, want to jump out my skin it is that bad, also feeling very restless. The pain of this takes the biscuit - can Aakasthesia be as bad as that?  :'(

Henryk.

That does fit the bill for akathisia.  My akathisia was non stop like that for nearly 5 months.  Some say that magnesium baths can relieve akathisia some.

That does fit the bill for akathisia.  My akathisia was non stop like that for nearly 5 months.  Some say that magnesium baths can relieve akathisia some.

WTBNA can you desrcibe what you felt? This is unbearable pain, like I lie on one side, lie on the other, toss and turn, pace, feel like screaming out, it is agony, varies in intensity from mild to absolute hell, sound the same as what you had?

Thanks a lot for replying,

Henryk.

Just lying here being tortured :(

« on: Today at 08:26:26 AM »

"I'm so tired it's 1am  in the morning and I ligh here being tortured with this severe agitation akathesia  as long as I move around I fill fine soon as I stop lie down this inner torture starts I have to put up with this all day and night. What part of my brain is stuck in this horrible position everyday and night. The other stuff comes and goes.  But this. What's funny is I'm being tortured right now it's driving me crazy  as soon as I get up and go to the bathroom I fill some what normal  as soon as I sit down or lie down.  It starts up. Why does it Work that way.  I'm not expecting  no answere  Just documenting my pain.  But  if anybody nose  or have this symptem. And it got better.  Or still have it let me no"

the Quote above is  from raypach this morning, i have the same thing cant sleep it is so bad. I try to keep moving around during the day but i am becoming very burnt out...i havent had this for awhile it is a returning symptom :(  Moe

What you describe Henry is pretty much head on with the akathisia I experienced.  I still have akathisia but it's not the hell kind as you mentioned -- that variety went away when I was close to 5 months off.  For a couple months all I could do was writhe, and scream.

Henryk,

After reading some of your earlier posts, I am so sorry that you have had to endure so much mental and physical pain.  I fear that any words of mine will only seem like a fruitless attempt to assuage your sufferings.  No doubt, you have heard ad nauseam the words “Hang in there buddy”, or “Things will get better soon”.

Since I am neither a doctor, nor have any special knowledge about your condition, I honesty don’t know your prognosis.  I only wish I had the power to release you from the dark and infernal depths — at least for a few hours — and let you experience the peace and balm of the upper world.

As it is, I am impotent to lift you out of your purgatory.  All I can do, therefore, is offer you my concern and empathy.  In the future, I shall look for your posts and always try to reply with something positive and encouraging.

Porthos. 

P.S.  Sorry if my reply sounded too florid or poetic.  Sometimes I get carried away.

Just lying here being tortured :(

« on: Today at 08:26:26 AM »

"I'm so tired it's 1am  in the morning and I ligh here being tortured with this severe agitation akathesia  as long as I move around I fill fine soon as I stop lie down this inner torture starts I have to put up with this all day and night. What part of my brain is stuck in this horrible position everyday and night. The other stuff comes and goes.  But this. What's funny is I'm being tortured right now it's driving me crazy  as soon as I get up and go to the bathroom I fill some what normal  as soon as I sit down or lie down.  It starts up. Why does it Work that way.  I'm not expecting  no answere  Just documenting my pain.  But  if anybody nose  or have this symptem. And it got better.  Or still have it let me no"

the Quote above is  from raypach this morning, i have the same thing cant sleep it is so bad. I try to keep moving around during the day but i am becoming very burnt out...i havent had this for awhile it is a returning symptom :(  Moe

Moe, thanks for the reply and pointing out the other post, but is it painful with you, like severe discomfort?

Thanks a lot for replying, I am desperate to get a handle on what is going on.

Henryk.

What you discribe is how I fill.it physically hurts but doesn't hurt if you no what I mean.  This has been my main symptem  since day 1 and I'm 9 months out. Every thing else has come and gone.  I get many forms of it. Last night it was my inner being. My soul hurt but as soon as I get up and walk it decreases by. 80%. Other times it's in my core.  Or my legs and arms. My wife messages my legs evry night to help me sleep. If I didn't have this I would be a lot better. I've been working thru all this if it wasn't for work I would go crazy. The nights are the worst  because I'm tired and want to relax but can't because my body not my mind. But it douse cause me a lot of mental distress

HenryK

Yes it is painful, i must say it is not as painful as a few months ago, i can remember laying on the couch in tears and my husband asking what was wrong and i said i cant take the pain  :(  So it has let up some when it returns and i still get the rocky boat feeling along with the pain... hang in there it will get better... xxMoe

Henryk. You are tapering I think it is calmin to get this with your cuts. Tinaca. Had the same prob and it left. I'm different I cold turkeyed

How long have you had it

Off and on probably about a year Ray, sterted to lessen when I stabilised last year, less frequent, now its back big time, its torture

Henryk.

I noted if I am reading your signature correctly that you seem to only recently started tramadol. Did you notice that your symptoms got worst? This would be called a temporal relationship, meaning occurring on or about the time the drug is taken.

As other have said Akathisia is not usually associated with pain.

It might be a good thing to revisit with your doctor your current drugs. Tramadol has a causal relationship (mean that it can be directly attributable to the drug) to increased arthralgias and myalgias.

My experience with tramadol is that it has always made my chronic pain worse instead of better and when it was coupled with an SSRI (Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitor -like Prozac) put me in a clinical depression.

I can't give you medical advise, just how things affected me. Star Gazer

I noted if I am reading your signature correctly that you seem to only recently started tramadol. Did you notice that your symptoms got worst? This would be called a temporal relationship, meaning occurring on or about the time the drug is taken.

As other have said Akathisia is not usually associated with pain.

It might be a good thing to revisit with your doctor your current drugs. Tramadol has a causal relationship (mean that it can be directly attributable to the drug) to increased arthralgias and myalgias.

My experience with tramadol is that it has always made my chronic pain worse instead of better and when it was coupled with an SSRI (Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitor -like Prozac) put me in a clinical depression.

I can't give you medical advise, just how things affected me. Star Gazer

Thanks for that, GOD what a pickle Bloody Doctors and their toxic wares.  :tickedoff:

Henryk.

Henryk. You are tapering I think it is calmin to get this with your cuts. Tinaca. Had the same prob and it left. I'm different I cold turkeyed

Yes, I did.  I had it sooooo bad--just like Ray describes it.  It did go away for the most part.  It came back when I had the stomach flu several weeks ago.  I am going to start tapering the Valium soon and praying that it doesn't return.  I hope that if I go really, really slow I can avoid it.  It is seriously one of the WORST, if not the worst, most debiitating symptom.

Henryk--I never associated mine with pain--just absolute inner torture.  Like Ray said, walking/pacing was the only thing that would help it.  Even rocking :(  I am so scared of that symptom.

Ray--do you still have it on a daily basis??  My heart reaches out to you.  I am not out of the woods yet as I still have the Valium to taper.  I really hope you are seeing improvements with the akathesia?  Even small ones?  You have suffered from it way too long!!

Tina

To me it feels like they're dropping me from a plane without parachute while playing a recording of someone scratching their nails on a chalkboard -- total terror. I have many types just like Ray described.  It causes a lot of mental distress :(

I'm still suffering from it. Friday sat and Sunday it's been the mildest it's been since it started  but I also have a head cold. I don't. No if that's making a difference  It's. Been going and coming all weekend. The akathesia is 70% of my problem. The rest is the 30% so if the akathesia would leave I would be 70% healed. Can't wait for that day

I spoke 2 soon. It's kicking my but tonight. Like the switch turned on

RAY!!!!  I really, really pray it will lessen for you soon.  That is good news that it was milder this weekend.  Your body is fighting hard to find equilibrium.  I think of you often--especially when the akathesia hits.  How are you sleeping?  So glad you have been able to keep your job Ray.  Someday you will look back on this like some big nightmare (we all will, right?). 

Tina

Moe that boety filling is what I get when at my worst with pressure on my temples

raypach  do you get this often? i dont really get the pressure on my temples, i get it in the back of my head along with the boaty feeling and lately its been everyday, but thankfully usually not all day...Moe

Tinaca: this akathesia is my symptem it causes everything else in my opinion the last month my sleep is pretty good about 4-5 hours a night. That's a big increase. Some nights none at all and it's not that I'm tired. It's the awful filling in my body. It fills like it is stuck. Everything else goes and comes

Moe: akathesia for me is 24/7. Head preasure comes and goes with boatyard filling. 

I get different forms of this torture.  I get the inner being where it's just in my soul the worst nothing helps this.  I get it thru my arms back legs. Messaging moving around driving gets rid of it till I stop and sits down then it turns right on.