Going from brotizolam to Valium, do these dosages sound right??

[Da...]

Hi I posted this before but couldn't get a reply, so started new post, any help really appreciated. my current dosage of the Brot. is 0.125Mg nightly plus an A/D. :-\

I checked the Ashton manual, however Brotizolam (Lendormin) is not listed, as you say a gradual switch is best, I am wondering, if taking at night both Brotizolam 0.06mg and Valium 2.5mg would be okay over a 14 day period before going onto 5mg of Valium only and then tapering slowly? I have to see my pdr next week, but I am not sure if he understands this tapering method, the last pdr told me that Xanax had no w/d sys? So I am feeling a bit lost as to how to start. All the best David

I am so sorry that you are not getting any replies to your post. I am unfamiliar with the drug in question.  I believe pianogirl gave you a transfer dose and another member gave you a link to follow.

My best suggestion is to talk with your doctor or better still your pharmacist.  One of them may be able to help you.

I hope someone can help you with the taper.

Take care

Popcornlady

Hi Popcornlady11

Thank you very much for your reply.

I live in Japan, Brotizolam (Lendormin) is not available in either the US or UK. I think maybe Mogodon might be comparable but I am not sure. I know that the equivalent to my dosage (0.125mg) is 5 mgs of Valium, which is a great help, it's  just the time to use them in tandem before going over to V. I will see the pdr next Thursday and see if he can help along with the pharmacist.

The 0.125mg I take right now, doesn't seem to be enough, I do sleep, but I find that I get w/d in the daytime, the sys I can put up with. I find I get a burning sensation in my hands and legs, the skin on my face feels like it is being pulled and I am generally distracted, I don't however want to take any more than 0.125mg, I am hoping that these sys will go away once I start on the V.

Thank you for your help, very best Dd.

You may want to remain at your same dose until you see the doctor.  It might help you stabilize.  Once you crossover to Valium, there are many members who are tapering from that and I am sure you will find plenty of support.

Popcornlady

Hi Popcornlady

Thank you for your comments.

I saw the pdr today, but i am still uncertain as to how to proceed. the pdr basically said it would take time but would not give a schedule.  I am taking nightly 0.125mg of brotizolam which equals to 5mg Valium.  This is what I am going to do from tonight:  0.06mg brotizolam and 2.5mg of valium,  however I am not sure how long I should take these in tandem before jumping to 5 mgs Valium. Do you have any suggestions? I would really appreciate it. I have looked through the Ashton method and I think Brotizolam is maybe comparable to Mogodon.  Thank you David

• 7 years later...