Finished Taper

[bo...]

Hi All:

Well, last Benzo  Stardate June 25 9:53:27 AST. I feel a bit like a piker compared to other folks who were on this crap for years, but Ive finished my taper. For someone who wanted off this stuff yesterday, yesterday started 5 months ago.

I'd like to tell you I'm 100% "normal", but alas I still have Tinitus and trouble sleeping and a general malaise, however no real debilitating anxiety nor heavy deppression so, good huh?

I didn't do every thing by the book, I didn't transition from Xanax to valium, I didn't start at the Ashton equivalacy dose, and I C/Ted Zoloft during my taper. I DID take a long time to taper.

I hope the long time overrides the other indiscretions on my part. I want to thank everyone for thier help in this horrible Trek.

I wont be as reliable or as diligent as Rufus, but I'll be lurking around here for some time and will report any improvements, and hopefully no backsliding. If I think I have anything beneficial to add I will. Thanks again, This isn't a goodby, just a I'm done  with Benzos.  Thanks Take care Bobers

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [bo...]

• [ma...]

• [bo...]

• [Co...]

Hi Bob,

Most people can expect some withdrawal symptoms for a while after their last benzo. The fact that you have not experienced too many problems up till now holds you in good stead though. The chances are that your total recovery will be sooner rather than later. It would be good to hear from you during this adjustment period, and if you decide to stick around for a while after that (to help others), so much the better. ;)

Congrats Bobers,

I can’t remember, please forgive me, but I think that you quite caffeine and tapered directly and slowly off Xanax.  Is that right? 

Hey Bobbers,

That is such great news :yippee:  You inspire me to keep trudging along with my taper, no matter how difficult  :smitten:

So give yourself a good pat on the back and here is a hug and smooch from me.

XXXX Christine/BlueMoth

Hey bobers!!!

Congratulations!!!!! You did it!!!

Don't be surprised if you have a few rocky days. Just remind yourself that "yeah but I'm off of those suckers now!" and the nastiness will pass. Things will keep just getting better and better!!

rufus

Great Work Bobers!!!! ;D  Congrats!!! :yippee: 

I do hope you stick around the site.  Your suggestions and support has been so helpful to me and I'm sure, many others.

You did it & I'm so happy for you!!!

Maggie

Way to go, Bobers! You got off despite Dr. Q.

I didn't feel magically better after I took my last dose, either. But things have been improving, albeit very slowly.

T.

Hi:

Thank you everyone, I appreciate it, I'd be more :yippee:, but I tend to not count my chickens before they hatch.

I wanted to say that once someone felt empathy for me because I went through this by myself, however I want to let you know I feel empathy for those that have to go through this with others, I think your the tough ones, I dont think I could of done that, I hid out a lot.

BARTO, Yes I quit caffine for 4.5 months and no I switched to Valium with no transiton from Xanax.

Thanks again

Bobers

Hi:

One week off Benzos: No dramatic changes, still sleep and tinnitus issues, I kind of feel I'm still tapering, but tapering without Benzos. I guess they call that healing.

The buzzing is driving me a bit Nuts, but its a short trip and I could probably walk :laugh: I guess I'm just a bit "off" in all areas. On a scale of 1-10 maybe a 6?

Anyhow still off Benzos and will continue to update weekly unless something dramatic occurs, hopefully a positive occurrence. Oh physically I'm better than cognitively

Hang in there all

Bobers

Hi Bobers!

One week off!

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/sego2lily/congratulations.gif

You fought the good fight

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/sego2lily/15_3_35.gif

People typically feel another cut after they stop taking the pills, because of the residual blood levels dropping off. Sounds like you are doing great and well on your way to the road of recovery and healing!

I'm so happy for you!

Great job!

Hey bobers,

One thing that helps me with the tinnitus is I've found where I am often determines how loud the tinnitus is. There are places in my house where the tinnitus is much more annoying than others. And if I go outside, the tinnitus is barely there. Now it could be there's more ambient noise outside but... I don't know. I do know my garden is getting a lot of work this year!

Try different areas and see if there's a difference in the tinnitus from place to place.

I've also found that sometimes the noise will get louder for a day before I have a reduction in tinnitus.

rufus

Z:

Thanks I'm happy for me too, but for others just know it's possible. Almost anything is acceptable after doing a cold turkey, even with my realtively short time use, My C/T symptoms mirrored just about every symptom in the book. So to all be careful.

Take care

Bobers

TWO WEEKS OFF:

Not much better, but no worse. Anxiety has turned into anxious or antsy. Panic is now extreme impatience, Sleep still an issue, Tinnitus a pain in the arse, which pisses me off, oh and I guess I'm a little edgy and angry ;D. Other little sundry irks, but the important part is nothing I can't handle so far. I hesitate to itemize every little thing cause who knows why I feel them, still a 6 outta 10.

Good Luck, take care

Bobers

TWO WEEKS OFF:

Not much better, but no worse. Anxiety has turned into anxious or antsy. Panic is now extreme impatience, Sleep still an issue, Tinnitus a pain in the arse, which pisses me off, oh and I guess I'm a little edgy and angry

That's common actually for a few weeks off.

The tinnititus lasted about 4 months off for me--though it did lessen gradually.

Hang on!

It gradually balances out and gets better.

It's just part of your neural system healing.

You're doing great!

Hey Bobbers!

Two weeks off!!!!  :yippee: 

I'm so glad to hear that the anxiety is quieting down as well.  That is my pain in the arse, I would trade ringing in the ears for that any day :D 

Vent away my friend, that is what we are here for.  You should be patting yourself on the back.  Two weeks free is just the begining, just think, two weeks out of the furnace and into freedom. 

Take care.

XXXChristine/BlueMoth

Three Weeks Off:

Well no big changes, I seem to sleep in 2 hour shifts now if I get 3 shifts I feel okay, It seems that now my tinnitus is shifting in tone and intensity from day to day and I think I've discovered that the intensity and tone is tied into how I feel in other areas, ie. energy level and motivation, not just an irritating noise.

Still about a 6.2 I can function but still am a bit off, I guess the message for those still tapering is dont expect a miraculous result when you've taken your last dose, do look for improvement albeit a slow one. As others have told me hang in there. No major complaints

Good Luck to all

Bobers

Hey Bobers,

First that's so cool that you are three weeks off :yippee:  Unfortunately, I know that doesn't mean three weeks happy, happy, joy, joy :P  But, still I think it's awesome that you are done with the taper!

Sorry to hear about the sleeping problems as I can relate big time!  You've probably tried Valerain root.  I take it every night witha few of the other sleep aids you recommended to me and like it a lot.  I does make me groogy in the morning, but that's OK.  I'm a stay at home mom so I can be a little groggy for a few hours in the morning with my two year old.  If I had to be up at 6am and go to work, it may be another story.

Anyway, thanks for keeping us updated on how you are.  Have a good day!

Maggie :)

Hey Maggie

Thanks yeah its cool 3 weeks,I have tried all the tricks for sleep including Valerian root, I'm actually trying to limit supplements so that a natural sleep will occur ,eventually I hope, now just 1 mg of meletonin, so I am sort of forcing myself to be "Normal" instead of restless leg I have restless brain syndrome. :) but thanks for the response.

Take care

Bobers

I figured you tried it since you were the guy who gave me all the sleep supplement info.  That's great that you're only taking 1 mg melatonin.  Sounds like your body and brain have normalized pretty darn well over time.  I can't wait until I can sleep "normal" without all these sleep aids, but for now I'm grateful for them.

Take Care,

Maggie

Hey

This is actually me bobersakb, I guess I was bounced when Colin did a re work of the site, couldnt log in or use the password link? maybe its because I'm on AOL. Had to create a new name with a new e mail. I hope it doesnt happen again, but if it does can Colin contact me somehow to tell me what to do?

Anyhow tale of two reactions, Saturday was the best day I've had in months, however Sunday was the worst, Tinitus blared couldnt sleep, and I even had a sweating/ anxiety episode at night very creepy! Today I'm in between? Oh well I guess its normal, cant figure out what I did different, hope its just temporary.

Take care

Bobersak AKA bobersakb

Howdy Bobers! Glad you could find your way back here.

It's not unusual to have good days and bad days within the first month or so (or even longer) after you get off these drugs. I still have good days and bad days, although the bad days aren't nearly as bad as they used to be.  Tinnitus is still a pain but this morning I noticed that I could hear the early morning chirper outside our window. I perceive the tinnitus as being just as loud as it was yesterday but I could hear the bird and the shower water hitting the bottom of the tub as my hubby took his shower-- and I haven't heard either for a long time. So...

Things get better-- hang in there.

rufus

Hi Bobbers,

Glad to hear that you only need a little melatonin to sleep.  Ditch the Valerian root.  If you need extra help, try skullcap or passionflower.  Valerian can be toxic over time.  It is a pretty potent herb.  Passionflower does the trick and is not toxic in any way.  Take care and congratulations on being three weeks off! :yippee:

XXXXChristine/BlueMoth