Titration Help ~ (Millargirl)

[mi...]

Ok Colin,

Right now I'm sticking to just cutting off 1/4 of a one 0.5mg pill. Four tablets - 0.5mg each. That's 1/16th I believe. Seems like such a small cut.

Not feeling too great so I'm trying to let it balance out again.

• 7 months later...
Colin is this an OK place to ask for titration help? I have some sort of warning thing on the screen saying that this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days and to consider starting a new topic. I need help all over again and thought I'd start here cause I"m just plain STUCK at the dose I'm on right now.

Hi MG,

Yes dear this a good place to ask your titration questions.  Just by posting, you have bumped it to the top.  I don't think Colin is online right now, and I am useless with titration schedules.  So either Colin or Tanya will be by eventually to write out a schedule for you. 

Be specific in what kind of schedule you need.  OK? 

Hugs :smitten: :smitten:

XXXXX

Christine/BlueMoth

Hi Millargirl,

Yes, this is a topic you started about titration, so is suitable. The warning you received pops up when any inactive thread receives new post, because, mostly, it it would probably be better to start a new thread, but not always, not in this case.

You will need to post the details of your present benzo-use, and the rate you would like to taper at. We can help you decide a suitable rate if you are unsure of what would be a good starting point for you. I will need to know the size of the tablets you use, your dose, etc. I will also need to know the size of your measuring cylinder, and the increments marked upon it. 100ml with 1ml increments is ideal, but we can work with most cylinders if already have one to hand.

Hi Millargirl,

Yes, this is a topic you started about titration, so is suitable. The warning you received pops up when any inactive thread receives new post, because, mostly, it it would probably be better to start a new thread, but not always, not in this case.

You will need to post the details of your present benzo-use, and the rate you would like to taper at. We can help you decide a suitable rate if you are unsure of what would be a good starting point for you. I will need to know the size of the tablets you use, your dose, etc. I will also need to know the size of your measuring cylinder, and the increments marked upon it. 100ml with 1ml increments is ideal, but we can work with most cylinders if already have one to hand.

thanks Colin,

Right now I'm on 3 - 0.5mg tablets of Clonazapam/Klonopin a day, plus crumbles from another tablet (sometimes as much as 0.125mg) to total 1.5 - 1.625mg/day. I haven't been successful in staying straight on the 1.5mg/day. I've been at this dose wavering up and down by probably .125mg per day for over two weeks now. I guess the best is to titrate from the 1.625mg since I'm just not successful in coming down from that dosage. Moods swings are horrendous.

So to recap - 3 tablets of 0.5mg plus 1/4 of a 0.5mg tablet. I don't know if you can calculate anything from that dosage or not.

I'd like to taper as slowly as possible so I'm not sure what rate is suitable. I read some of the NEWER instructions; not fully understanding, but is the 1% the ideal? If so I'll go with that.

I have a measuring cylinder that goes up to 80ml with 5ml increments. I'll look around for the one you've written about but I'm not sure if I'll find it. I also have a syringe totalling 10ml with 1ml increments.

I'd like to start as soon as I can figure this out because I don't want to stay at this dosage too long. Thank you for any help that you can give me. If I need to find a better cylinder I'll keep looking.

Let me know if any of this works. Thank you again Colin.

Hi,

1% cut over what period of time? 1% per day might be about above average, but if you have been struggling, maybe a 10% cut over 14 days might be a better starting point?

I can start you taper from 1.625mg - not a problem. You can use the 80ml cylinder. Do you think you could eye-ball 2.5ml increments? Should be doable on that scale. 5ml increments will effectly allow you spit your tablet into 16ths, but 2.5ml increments will effectively enable you split your tablets into 32nds (or is it 32ths? ???), that might well be worth doing, and should be accurate enough.

What start date would you like?

Hi,

1% cut over what period of time? 1% per day might be about above average, but if you have been struggling, maybe a 10% cut over 14 days might be a better starting point?

I can start you taper from 1.625mg - not a problem. You can use the 80ml cylinder. Do you think you could eye-ball 2.5ml increments? Should be doable on that scale. 5ml increments will effectly allow you spit your tablet into 16ths, but 2.5ml increments will effectively enable you split your tablets into 32nds (or is it 32ths? ???), that might well be worth doing, and should be accurate enough.

What start date would you like?

Well, I amazingly was able to hunt down a 100ml cylinder now so I can use that one. It has the 1ml increments you described.

I think I'm understanding a little now; the 10% over 14 days sounds better than 1% per day. I'm still wondering if that may even be too fast for how I've been feeling lately but I'll give that a try.

A start date? Um, how many days do you need to figure/calculate? How about Sunday, Feb. 3rd? Or if it does work I could start it tomorrow Wednesday Jan 30th.

Hi,

I'll work up the table tomorrow, with a start date of Thursday 31st. What if you start off tapering at 10% every 20 days? You can almost certainly go faster than this, but it will give you confidence. When you are down to 1.5mg per day, perhaps we could recalculate your taper to 10% over 14 days.

Hi,

I'll work up the table tomorrow, with a start date of Thursday 31st. What if you start off tapering at 10% every 20 days? You can almost certainly go faster than this, but it will give you confidence. When you are down to 1.5mg per day, perhaps we could recalculate your taper to 10% over 14 days.

OK sounds good.

;)

Hi,

I've been ill today. I will either work up your table tomorrow morning (UK) time so that you can start tomorrow, or if it is later in the day, I'll work up a table with a start date for 1st Feb.

Take care.

Hi Millargirl,

Here's your titration table: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-millargirl-2008-02-01.html

Add it to your signature using the following code:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-millargirl-2008-02-01.html][b]My Titration Schedule.[/b][/url]

It will look like this:

My Titration Schedule.

Oh boy. Ok I did what you said and added it to my signature, but I don't understand how to use it.  :-\  ???

Hi millargirl,

Are you not sure how to do the titration? If that's the case, I'll help you.

This is what you'll need to do:

1) crush 1 of your tablets into a powder (you can use the back of a teaspoon and crush it into a cup);

2) add some milk to it (whole, homogenized);

3) stir very vigorously for awhile till the tablet is dissolved;

4) pour it into the cylinder;

5) add more milk to come to 100 ml mark;

6) stir vigorously again (I use the stick on the long spatula);

7) discard the amount of the milk suspension so that what's left is what the table show for that day. On Feb-1, it shows you should drink 23 ml (which means you have to discard 77 ml).

So, every day you will drink the amount that's on the table for that date, PLUS you will take your other 3 tablets (or 2, or 1, as you go lower).

If you don't want to throw away all of that milk suspension, then discard it into a cup first. From there, by pouring it back in the cylinder, you can measure another amount (say 22 ml) for the following day. This saves you some pills plus preparation time. Just make sure you keep it in the fridge till you are ready to take it the next day.

All you need to look at the table are the three columns that show the date, the liguid amount (ml) and the number of tablets.

I hope this helps. If not, please keep asking whatever you need to know.

Love,

Tanya

Oh Thank you so much Tanya!

Yes that makes sense now. Can't believe how long it will take looking at the dates. Wow.

Thank you again for explaining, :smitten:

MG

Hi,

And don't worry if you are starting this a day late; just use the figures for the dates indicated. The tiny extra jump you make at the beginning by immediately jumping to 2nd Feb. is insignificant by itself.

We can review your schedule a little later once you have gained a little more confidence and have a better idea of what you can manage. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi there all. Just wanted to ask a quick question. I have the basics down for this titrating and it's going good, well until about three weeks ago, I went through another emotionally stressful time over some personal issues and backed off on the titration. I'm almost a month behind as I now look at the schedule. Should I have the shedule remade? I was thinking of asking for one that would get me off this stuff a little faster, if my body still goes along with the program. Otherwise I seem to be doing ok.

Evenings though, Im getting horrible heart/ache/fast/rapid I'm not even sure what's going on. But my chest hurts/or my heart; one of the two, and I just feel plain miserable. Is this an interdose withdrawal? I haven't had any till lately if this is that.

Evenings though, Im getting horrible heart/ache/fast/rapid I'm not even sure what's going on. But my chest hurts/or my heart; one of the two, and I just feel plain miserable. Is this an interdose withdrawal? I haven't had any till lately if this is that.

Hi MG! Good to hear from you. this sounds like it is probably palpitations, very normal wd sx. It's basically from your CNS getting revved up and putting out adrenaline. I have had it bad the last couple of weeks. It helps to do relaxation stuff. I just posted a meditation link in  the 'Insomnia" board.

Sorry, can't answer your titration question. Colin or Tanya or Bobers(I think?) arent on online right now, but will get to you soon, I'm sure.  If not, put out a shout. ;)

Hi MG,

Yes, it would be a good idea to have a new schedule put together. If you tell where you at with your present schedule (the dose and date), provide me a new starting date, and a new taper rate, I can do this for you within a couple of days.

• 1 month later...
I'm stuck at 1.5 mg Clonazapam. Want to taper fast enough to get off of it with in six months. Is that possible to create a taper schedule with that timeline? If it's too fast I'll allow more time, but I do have some natural self-help things that are helping me and wouldlike to try it. I would go faster, but I just want to take it easy to see if I can handle that rate. Not sure exactly what else I need to tell you. I'll start as soon as you are able to make up a schedule.

Hi MG!

Good to hear from you again. Colin will get here to help you.

I think with 1.5mgs to go still, 6 months might not be quite long enough to do a titration taper, but I'm not familiar enough with the intricasies of titration, so he'll have to answer that for you and make you up another schedule.