chest congestion from valium

[fl...]

Anyone ever heard of getting a lot of bronchial chest congestion from valium and tapering? I have had it and coughing up a lot of mucous all the time in spite of a lot of deep breathing exercise and running and dancing and stuff. I used to get it off and on from klonopin but all the time from valium. I have not had a cold for 2 years and a flu for more than 5 years, so it does not seem to be from infection. I never had this sort of thing before valium except when getting a cold or flu. I do have some weakness in that area because I had hyperstatic pneumonia in the hospital after being laid up too long as a teen from a gunshot wound in the abdomen. But never any pneumonia since. I have never been diagnosed with any lung diseases. Now my doctor wants me to take antibiotics, but those drugs have literally never cured me of anything I took them for. That is hilarious. He also wants me to get a chest x ray. The congestion does not seem to wind me any when I run. I just spit up a lot of phlem. Another mystery. Of course I worry about my health stuff. That is what got me on benzos to start with.  Flick

Hi,

It is all too easy to assume that what's happening to us is the result of benzo withdrawal. If you have any doubts and/or concerns, it only makes sense to have yourself checked out. Are such symptoms the sort of thing you have to watch out for because of the Hep C?

• 1 year later...