Tooth ache/sensitive teeth, w/d symptom or problems keeping up with hygiene?

Ever since my long drawn out taper (and I'm still going through it) I have had severe memory problems and difficulties remembering to brush my teeth (which is not like me at all, I used to brush twice a day for about 10 mins thoroughly) as a result, my teeth are very sensitive and hurt easily.

I'm wondering whether or not to go to the dentist, as the expenses are really high over here, and if having tooth ache and sensitive teeth is part of a w/d process as I have never had this before.

I sometimes clench my teeth quite alot, and no matter how much I brush them, they still don't feel quite so clean and still hurt.

It's just so hard to keep up with your daily hygiene routine when many times you can barely stand still for so long with balance problems, legs tingling, and jelly legs, and have serious problems remembering what day it is even is....

Anyone else have a problem keeping up with hygiene, self care, and have sensitive and teeth that hurt when going through this mess who DO brush their teeth regularly?

I'm just wondering if it's withdrawal, a case of not brushing my teeth so often (which was sometimes 3 times a day), or both.

And if I have to go to the dentist (which will cost me ALOT), I'm gonna DREAD going for obvious reasons....

Regards-

Messed.

My teeth are definitely more sensitive in withdrawal.  My brushing habits are the same, though.  What's different is my mouth has gotten very dry with almost no saliva.  I also have very dry red eyes.  I believe this is from withdrawal!

Megan

My teeth are definitely more sensitive in withdrawal.  My brushing habits are the same, though.  What's different is my mouth has gotten very dry with almost no saliva.  I also have very dry red eyes.  I believe this is from withdrawal!

Megan

Thanks Megan!

I also have a very dry mouth, every morning when I wake up, it's like binge drinking the night before (when I did before a few times) if that makes any sense. My eyes also get red and my vision is badly impaired. Maybe everything just gets more sensitive, I dunno.

Regards-

Messed.

My teeth have been sore off/on throughout this experience.  I clenched my teeth a lot during my taper and even after for awhile, and I also had isolated pain so bad I was convinced I had cavities.  But 2 trips to my dentist this past year proved my teeth were 100% fine.  I was shocked.  I thought i had cavities for sure.  He said the only thing he noticed was the effects of my clenching, so I now have a night guard for bed time.

I hope that helps a bit.  Many people seem to have dental issues during w/d.  Depending on the cost, you could just have a check up and then at least you'd know how your teeth are doing.  The other option is to hold off for awhile and see if it passes (as mine did). 

I hope this improves for you very soon!

All my best,

Schatje

My teeth have been sore off/on throughout this experience.  I clenched my teeth a lot during my taper and even after for awhile, and I also had isolated pain so bad I was convinced I had cavities.  But 2 trips to my dentist this past year proved my teeth were 100% fine.  I was shocked.  I thought i had cavities for sure.  He said the only thing he noticed was the effects of my clenching, so I now have a night guard for bed time.

I hope that helps a bit.  Many people seem to have dental issues during w/d.  Depending on the cost, you could just have a check up and then at least you'd know how your teeth are doing.  The other option is to hold off for awhile and see if it passes (as mine did). 

I hope this improves for you very soon!

All my best,

Schatje

Thanks!

I might go for a check up just in case as there is a bit of decay around my bottom front teeth, which reaches into my gums (scary), but the tooth pain seems to be all over, just all round sensitive teeth.

It's gonna be hard explaining to the dentist that I'm coming off benzos (even I can actually SEE him/her visually with my bad trippy benzo eyesight) as they don't exactly know about it. Comes to think of it, neither do shrinks. Or anyone else who ISN'T coming off them, lol.

Thanks-

Messed.