Where would I be if I were to liquid taper now?

[Ma...]

I am at .125/morning and .125/night dry cut on Klonopin right now. I'm not at all comfortable, so I'm checking into going to either liquid klon or liquid valium. I'm thinking I will probably need to adjust and go a bit bigger because right now the dose I'm on is not fun at all. I'm used to having day 4 being bad and then getting better and cutting on day 7 or so by another .125. So... I'm kind of stuck here. (before I was at .125/.25) (and Sunday was really messed up and I missed a dose so this *may* be my day four, I'll hold out for another day or two and see, but I don't know..)

I've been doing REALLy well previously so yuck.

Where do I go from here as far as doses go? I can buy the powder or whatever for liquid valium (10.99 for 2ml.. I'm not even sure what that is..) but can probably make my own as well. I went to the ashton site and it's not really giving me a good idea of where I am since it starts at 1.5mg of klon.

hah, I'm sure that made a lot of sense.  :D  :o

Hi MM:

Read your other post and the champagne might be whats set you back, booze and Benzos effect the same area of the brain, so it might be messing with your taper.

Yes, most people find that alcohol really messes with a benzo taper. It's just like taking more benzo. So you may improve in a few days.

The liquid Valium comes ready-made from any pharmacy, but as far as I know, liquid Klonopin would have to be custom-made for you at what's called a "compounding pharmacy."

You could continue cutting at the same overall rate, but if you have the liquid, you can do a little bit every day instead of socking yourself every week.

The strength of liquid Valium that people normally use is 5 mg per 5 ml.

One of our members tapered with liquid Klonopin specially prepared for her at 1 mg per 2 ml, and she thought it worked well. You do need to have a doctor write the script for the special solution, though--the pharmacy won't do it otherwise.

As you mentioned, you could also make your own. Colin made up a method using milk. It requires a 100ml graduated cylinder. We could give you the amounts for a solution if you like, where you'd be cutting a tiny amount each day. Or if you want to be really bare bones about it, you could just dissolve your current dose in, say, a cup of milk, and then make cuts of a teaspoon (=1/16 of your dose) every week or so.