cold tukey-illegal meds

Hi I bought some meds from online pharmacy, 100 klonopin 2mg and 100 xanax 2mg I had been prescribed alprolazam 8 months ago for 30 days,like to have for when i felt uptight,I ended up taking 100 klonopin from3/25/07 and ran out on 5/31/07 then I took about 15 or 20 xanax from 5/15/07 to 5/31/07 now have thrown out all xanax as I started feeling bad ,I thought I had been poisened wen to DR. and she told me to start back on lexapro ( I had stopped it on 3/25/07) cause I didnt want to take klonopin with it. now I am feeling very bad,insomnia for 5 days Etc.I told DR. what I had done.also she put me on 25 mg toprol as I have had borderline BP .I don't beleive the DR. understands what I'm going through. I cannot taper now, HELP wil I die??

You've been on a cocktail of drugs.We all have been there because of our doctors.You need to talk to your doc. and tell him that you are now addicted to these drugs and you want a slow controlled taper from them.Tell him you have on-line support from very knowlegable people.People that KNOW what it's like to suffer the painfull side effects and the very painfull withdrawal from them.Read the info from this site and other sites about benzo withdrawal.Please talk to your doc. or find one that will help you.I'm sure someone else will come by and post.How are you feeling now?

Hi keasorct,

What, exactly, were taking each day (dosages)? Were you taking them pretty regularly? What was your dosage when you quit?

It does appear that you are suffering cold turkey withdrawal. I too would suggest that you talk to your doctor. You would probably benefit from reinstating a small dose to stave off the worst of the withdrawal effects, and then making a contolled taper off you benzos. Valium offers the greatest advantages for managing a controlled withdrawal.

Yes, I think reinstating some benzo will help you, at which point you can begin a taper. But you don't want to wait too long, as the longer you are off the drug, the less your body will react favorably to reinstating it. I would try to find a doctor who can help you within the next week, if at all possible.

Valium is the best for tapering, but at this point, if you find a doctor unwilling to give you Valium but willing to give you another benzo, I would take it. You can stabilize on the other benzo and swtich to Valium later if need be.

I don't know the ins and outs of BP meds, but I do know that people's BP can get dangerously high during w/d. So being prescribed a BP med is probably a good thing at this point.