Author Topic: My Floxed and Benzo story...A happy ending for Jittery!  (Read 8694 times)

[Buddie]

Re: My Floxed and Benzo story...A happy ending for Jittery!
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 06:25:19 pm »
Jittery I am so thrilled for you! I remember you were struggling with insomnia around the time I was—last fall. You have been such a great inspiration to people here that there truly is hope no matter how severe insomnia can be.

If you don't remember, I became pregnant about 6 weeks after I jumped— during the absolute worst of my insomnia. It was definitely unplanned, as I didn't believe I even could get pregnant because my body was so run down. I would be awake for days on end. I was a hormonal mess, but somehow I healed too, and so much of it had to do with positive thinking and changing my perspective. (although I know many people will chalk my recovery up to the extra progesterone, but I really don't think that was the only healing influence. ) The mind-body connection was a very big factor for me.

I had a beautiful 10 pound baby boy in June—who is now 15 pounds and grinning and gurgling up at me right now from his bouncy chair, and I just can't believe the stark contrast between now and a year ago. So many blessings.

Now I'm mildly sleep deprived but for a different reason. :-) I get about 5-6 hours of solid sleep before he wakes up and needs to eat. He's a big guy.
I am coping though. 5-6 is luxurious for me when I know what I used to get. The nice thing is that I don't worry about falling asleep anymore.

There is hope. I think you and I are walking proof!

Best
Sarah

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 06:42:40 pm »
Jittery, if you read this, I wanted to say thank you for telling your story. It helped me to read it. You raised a question that Im not sure what to do about but.....
Just before I cold t'd off Klonapin, I was prescribed Levaquin(flourouquinolone) twice in a month. I began having the worst possible withdrawal symptoms even beofre I stopped the Klonapin. No one made the connection between these things, then or now. I only stumbled across the information about antibiotics monthes later. I will never know what caused what, and whther my current sorry state is from the benzo or the abt. I was a little surprised to read there are flouroquinolone forums...did they help you at all?
I hope, if you read this, that you are still doing so very well. Your attitude is just wonderful.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 04:32:56 pm »
Thank you for writing this success story Jittery.
I am bumping this one up.

Love and healing,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2019, 04:38:14 pm »
Thanks for this amazing story and advice on how your positive thinking or not thinking about your symptoms made a big difference in your healing.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2019, 11:37:52 pm »
I know this post is 7 years old but it’s exactly what I needed to hear today. Not sure if you’ll ever read this but thank you!!!