Author Topic: My Floxed and Benzo story...A happy ending for Jittery!  (Read 8335 times)

[Buddie]

Re: My Floxed and Benzo story...A happy ending for Jittery!
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 11:20:58 am »
yay to you jittery

so good to hear your story of strength and courage.  good luck for a wonderful future.

Lizzy
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 07:37:29 pm »
Hi Jittery

I can't tell you how thrilled I am for you!  You really went to hell and back with your insomnia and I recall how worried you were about the effects of the fluroquinlone (sp?) antibiotics.

So so happy all is now okay and you've got your life back.  Enjoy it to the fullest!

Much love
[...] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 01:09:51 am »
Looks good on you, you did it and showed us the way.   :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 02:08:09 pm »
Wow Jittery, What a wonderful ending to a touch and go story.  I would read your posts and pray for you for relief from your suffering.  You were able to express the fear, frustration, and overwhelming insomnia that many of us were going through.  How is your baby? How is your mother? I hope that you external life is as wonderful as your internal life.  Your post on success is so clear, cogent, and positive.  Thanks for showing us the way.  Your are wonderful. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 12:37:48 pm »
Jittery  :smitten: :smitten:

I don't know how I missed your post. I have been wondering about you and so hoping that you had turned a corner.  Well, I am very happy to see that you have.  I remember the days and weeks not so long ago where things were so rough.  You are an amazingly strong person and have gone through so much with the cipro and the benzo.  I agree with you about attitude, although it can not take away the symptoms, a good attitude can help our perception of them and make them less important.

I hope you are enjoying your lovely daughter and your life. We have missed you here but in so many ways I am glad you have found peace and healing. 

Thank you for posting this message of hope, there are so many that need to read this and believe. As we know there are dark times that make us wonder if there is an end to the pain and suffering.  Yes there is and you are proof.

Hugs,

[...]  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 03:23:02 pm »
Hi Jittery!
I am so very happy for You and your family.
I haven't logged on in quite some time and decided that I would check the Success Story section today, and there you were!  :thumbsup:
I'm right there with You on the positive thinking; it is not always easy, but it is so true. Our thoughts create our reality. When we're in a dark place, our thoughts take our bodies on quite a dangerous ride. I too am sleeping much better, pretty much all night most nights with an occasional blip here and there. I'm dealing and like you living life and not focusing on anything but total health. I want it, so I know it's mine to have!

I'm not at all offended by your post, I find it true and inspiring. It's your truth and I thank you for sharing it with all of us.
There came a time for me when enough was enough, the pain was too much to bare any longer. What i was doing was not working. So I too made changes.
I plan to write my story when I hit two years in December. I am sure that I will be in an even better place then.
Thanks so very much for checking in, I think of You often and I knew in my heart that You were fabulous!
Wishing you all the health, happiness and love in the world.
Melo x
 :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 04:42:16 pm »
YOU MADE MY MORNING!
Way to go!!
Good to see that you are healing and have a new lease on life.
Positive thinking is so key. I forget that and can get caught up in all of this.
Thanks for the reminder.
Go have an amazing life!

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 09:49:32 pm »
I'm so happy for you Jittery!  I found the same book on sleep and it has helped me tremendously. 

I went through a similar situation to yours.  I fried my nervous system with an antibiotic and couldn't recover.  I lost so much sleep that I was in absolute agony, and my fear of not sleeping was immense.  I ended up on the psych floor at the hospital mostly because I was so afraid of insomnia that I was willing to give up my freedom and put myself in the hands of people I don't trust.  I ended up on Temazepam, which really didn't help that much.  In fact, it made me feel ill.  As I started a rapid taper, I got extremely ill from withdrawals, so I had to slow it down.  But when I really started to turn a corner was when I began to realize how incredibly powerful my thoughts are.  King Solomon said that "death and life are in the power of the tongue", and I believe wholeheartedly that that is true.  The story you tell yourself and others can mean the difference between relative health and misery.  He also said that "the spirit of a man can put up with his malady, but as for a sticken spirit, who can bear it?"  It's so much easier to put up with physical symptoms if we speak to ourselves and others positively.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 12:45:17 am »
Jittery - I don't know your story well and I have just joined a few weeks ago and am in the very very beginning of my journey to get off of Xanax - but I'm in tears reading your post because it gives me such hope.  That I can not only get off of this and move on but be stronger and healthier as a result of this hard experience.  I don't typically eat well or work out as I should.  Since I stopped Xanax and had my first anxiety attack I have cut out alcohol, caffeine, other stimulants - and your post has really inspired me to fix my eating and get back to working out more (I swim but get very frightened of a fast heartbeat). 

I'm just very grateful you shared your experience and thank you!  To those of us still terrified and struggling it helps.  Congrats!

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 04:11:31 pm »
Wow i remember when I joined how many posts I would see from you. You where really suffering and came out on the other side.

May you have a wonderful life. Congratulations.