Withdrawal question...

I was wondering if members that are tapering and members that are done could tell me the withdrawal symptoms that they are experiencing?  Mine are: Tired + weakness + foggy mind.

Raven, are you still tapering?

Im 8.5 months off a 5.5 month Valium taper and Im experiencing the same sx's you are. Lets not forget the tinnitus which has been unrelenting for the past 2 days.

Dave

Yes. I'm currently tapering.I'm at .25 of a .5mg pill of clonazepam.I started out at a 1mg pill (2 - 0.5mg pills)and I have been "dry cutting" .125 every 2 weeks since the last week of February. I've been on it for a year and a half.I just wanted to compare symptoms.I did have protracted w/d from paxil a few years ago :-\How are you?

This is odd to me. Although I read that this is typicall.I feel pretty good in the morning when I wake up.I can clean the house,dance to music ..(sometimes)...Then somewhere between 12:00pm and 3:00pm,I start to feel like crap for the reat of the day/night.This has not effected my sleep.I actully sleep like a rock.I only had 2 weeks during my taper(a month ago)..to where I did not sleep to well.I mean the drastic change...when does this stop?? :-\

Hi, Raven,

Sometimes this is just the ups and downs of w/d, but it can also mean you are not spreading out your doses evenly through the day. Have you been able to split your dose up into at least two parts? Does that help at all?

I've been taking half right when I wake up (usually around 5:00am-7:00am) and the other half at around 7:00pm.Today ,I thought that I would see if it's the supplements that I'm taking , so ,I have yet to take any and surprise ,surprise,I feel fine?? (But it is only 2:20??)  I'll just see how I am in a couple of more hours. :D

oh...sorry...I also just started the other day with dividing my dose up at 12 hours apart.I was taking half my dose at around 1:00p.m. and the other at around 7:00p.m. Do you think that I was just getting use to the time difference? (did I make sense at all there? :laugh:)

It is better to take take your daily dose evenly spread throughout the day. Changes should always be gradual though, even the changes that we expect to make us feel better.

Thanks guys.Is there anyone else out there that would like to share what symptoms (good or bad)....that they are experiencing?? :) :)  Today: Tired + some weakness + some weird brain sensations.Watching comedy central.I'm trying to use some humor in my life right now and it's working with staying positive..( I can't wait until this is out of my body!!! :wacko:)

Hi Raven:

You asked for it, pretty bad tinnitus, insomnia, occasional flu like symptoms, what I like to call brain diareah, IE constant repeating thoughts :idiot:. On the good side I'm not exploding with adrenalin anymore, and can function in a crowd,so all in all much better than a month ago. :yippee:. The thing that I noticed was in the initial stages some symptom would go away, and I'd think great ,then it would resurface a few days later. Very frustrating, but that seems to have leveled out (fingers crossed) Best of luck to you I know you can do it.

Take care Bobers

How are you?

Im doing better than I was but not as well as I'd like to be. Im not worried, good things come to those who wait.

Dave

bobersakb & Dave : I'm sorry for what you both have been through but you seem to be handleing it okay.I've been there ,and I know that both of you have heard this probably a thousand times but.... It Does Get Better. :) :) Thankyou for sharing :) and I hope to be hearing from both of you soon.Take care  :) Raven

• 2 weeks later...

My symptoms are anxiety & aggitation ( I find myslef clenching my fists or gritting my teeth).  I am very sensitive to loud sounds and crowds.  My daughter's fussing seems to be amplified by 1000 sometimes :crazy:  Insomnia is a big one for me too.

maggie