SUCESS!!!!

[fr...]

:) Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on the forum in awhile. I successfully completed my Benzo taper. Thank you to everyone. My life has turned around!! I have been Benzo Free for over a month now!! My life has never been better.  And to think in January I was suicidal!

I used Jana's milk taper technique, and put 15 mg of Valim in 100 cc of milk with a tiny bit of Vodka. I tapered very small amounts about .05 a day. When I hit .1 mg I tapered at even smaller amounts, using a tuberculin syringe which was 1cc.

At the same time I improved my nutrition to keep brain function good. I am totally medication free at this point. A little Motrin now and then, for back pain! The first month of the taper was rough. Lots of depression, shaking, and anxiety. 

Everyone stay with it! It works!! Caroline

Congratulations, Freebird! This is great! And thanks for letting us know your experience with titration--it helps us help others.

Therese

That's fantastic :yippee:  Please stay on the site and share your experience and success with those of us who are just starting our taper and struggling.  Congrats Again!  Wish you the very best ;D

Is there more on your story somewhere? (Still getting use to this board :D) I really do like to hear about peoples recovery.It makes the tapering process "bearable".

Yes thanks again to all. I wish everyone as much success as I had with the tamper.  I really think a good stress vitamin, along with omega 3 oil, calcium and magnesium help. At night I take melatonin for sleep.

:thumbsup: Oh one last thing, that helped me. I never set a time to be done with the taper. I tried that at first and then when I had to stay at a dose because of a bad day, I felt I had failed. No deadline, I went as slow as my body dictated. It took about 3 months.

Nice going, dude.  Quite an accomplishment...

With a name like Caroline I think she would be a dudette.... lol

Congrats Caroline,

Dave