Anyone else doing a slow taper on Valium?

[ma...]

Good day! I'm doing a slow taper on Valium.  I started on 30 mg about a month ago. It was substituted for Resteral 60mg which I had been on for over six months. Right now I'm at 24 mg Valium a night and I'm doing OK with the withdrawal process.  I'd really like to hear about anyone else's story with a slow Valium taper :)  Thank you!

Maggie

HI MAGGIE!

I am glad you are doin well on your slow taper. I,m by no means an expert but I am under the impression that you are doing things the right way. Although everyone is different. I too am conducting a slow taper and if you havent read it, you can find it in planning your taper, its titled, on your mark.... get set...

good luck to you and all of us.

Karl

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Karl,

I'm still learning to navigate the site, so thanks.  I'll check out your posts about your experience.

Maggie :)

:) Hi again Maggie

I am also on a Valium titration as i am sure you know, started at 30mg and have discarded 5ml of milk in a week. Its slow going but as i will post on my blog, it does not go undetected.

How are you doing?

Cheers

Dena

;) keep it up!

Hey there Dena,

I'm doing pretty good now.  I did a cut from 24 to 22 mg about 6-7 days ago and I'm finally sleeping a little better. I am also tapering off prozac, so that may the reason I'm sleeping better.  I was only on 10 mg and decided to drop to 5mg. I've gone off it before and felt really tired for a few days. I know they don't recommend doing both but I wanted to try it. 

Can you tell me why you have decided to do the titation method with the milk.  I've read about the method but still don't understand it or it's benefits vs. just taping with the pills only?  I'm wondering if I should look into too if it works well.

Take Care,

Maggie

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Maggie May I am doing a slow taper of valium. You are able to go much faster than me without much problem so you should do fine. I started at 25mg a year ago and am only down to just below 10mg.  I am using liquid valium right now and titrating daily .05mg which is only 1mg a month which is certainly a pathetic taper , but the only way I can do it. I have done the dry cutting for most of the taper . I just switched back because my last .5mg dry cut hit me too hard and it was 3 weeks before I could cut again.So my 25 mg taper will take around 2 years. From what you are experiencing you will be much much shorter than that. I am just a specially tough case for some unknown reason,. Good luck Flick