Author Topic: ZZZ Nyquil  (Read 12709 times)

[Buddie]

Re: ZZZ Nyquil
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 07:59:49 pm »
I would say that it would probably keep you from tolerance for a bit longer but in the end its what will happen. Use once in a while they are all fine but when it becomes a habit its bad....Trust me!!!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 09:46:37 pm »
Just curious.  How does it affect your prostate?

Thanks.

I think it can make your prostate swell up a bit, which may be a problem if your prostate is already swollen. A lot of older guys have this condition called benign prostatic hypertrophy, and Benadryl can make it hard for them to pee in the morning, I think. And now before all you girls start panicking, keep in mind that you don't have a prostate. So if your doctor has been checking your prostate all these years, well - I'd call a cop.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 09:51:51 pm »
Just curious.  How does it affect your prostate?

Thanks.

I think it can make your prostate swell up a bit, which may be a problem if your prostate is already swollen. A lot of older guys have this condition called benign prostatic hypertrophy, and Benadryl can make it hard for them to pee in the morning, I think. And now before all you girls start panicking, keep in mind that you don't have a prostate. So if your doctor has been checking your prostate all these years, well - I'd call a cop.
HA!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 04:59:21 pm »
Sleep restriction therapy is extremely effective and someone else here started a thread about it.  Teaches your brain and body that you don't need anything to sleep.  You may want to look into it.  I also use sleepphones to help me sleep.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 12:16:30 am »
Sleep restriction therapy is extremely effective and someone else here started a thread about it.  Teaches your brain and body that you don't need anything to sleep.  You may want to look into it.  I also use sleepphones to help me sleep.

Sleephones???? Are they like headphones? Music or white noise??? I have a sound machine but it doesn't drown out my husbands snoring :-\

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 03:05:25 pm »
[...],

Sleepphones were recommended to me by someone else here and they are fabulous.  They are headphones within a fleece headband so you can listen to whatever you want comfortably.  You can find them online.  They weren't cheap--I think they were about $40.  I have had great success with white noise sounds for tinnitus and with spoken word affirmations, Scripture and guided meditation for racing/intrusive thoughts.  Hope that helps!

Mary

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 01:00:50 am »
[...],

Sleepphones were recommended to me by someone else here and they are fabulous.  They are headphones within a fleece headband so you can listen to whatever you want comfortably.  You can find them online.  They weren't cheap--I think they were about $40.  I have had great success with white noise sounds for tinnitus and with spoken word affirmations, Scripture and guided meditation for racing/intrusive thoughts.  Hope that helps!

Mary

Thanks Mary! I will look into them!!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 02:51:57 am »
Oh my gosh, [...], still awake at 2am.  Got woken myself around then, courtesy of a barfing cat.

I listen to audio books, rather than reading & find that even on what feel like really bad nights, i will have dosed off for longer than i would otherwise believed.  I can tell how much sleep i got by the number of missed chapters in the book & it's a better distraction than counting shhep.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 01:18:05 pm »
No [...]....it was around 9=9:30pm here.....I can't figure out what the time stamp on here. Im east coast.....so its 9:15am here right now. Although I WAS up at 2am lol

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 12:28:57 pm »
I have used the sleephones for about a year. I first learned about them from Teakettle, another insomniac. I do think they work well. He also recommended Sleep Tracks, a sleep program I listen to at times. It helps, but wasn't the answer for me.
I've been up since 3:30. The night before I slept almost 7 hrs which was great for me, tho I remembered I had a glass of wine. That may be what helped me sleep. I really expected to sleep last nite and my mind was just too active. I kept waking up and thinking.
My thyroid is changing to slow now from hyper so I expected my sleep to really improve...I hoped. I had one good night. I'm not at 21 months off temazapam and ambien. Why can't I be like so many others and just sleep naturally?