Brain Fog

[lo...]

Hi, I was just wondering if there is something like a supplement that can be taken that anyone has noticed a difference with brain function? I am really struggling with the "fog" and I feel like everything looks so dull and strange around me. Is the dull feeling common and is that what is meant by "brain fog"? Thank you,lovetiff :)

I think the "brain fog" and the "dull feeling" are the same.

What helped me was a long slow run in fresh air, amino-acids, proteins(whey) and fishoil-capsules.

Tiff, I suffer from the fog and the dull feeling your currently experiencing. The only thing that worked for me as Patrick suggested is going for a run. If you decide to use supplements do so with caution, many (myself included) have a problem with supplements.

Best of luck,

Dave

Hi Dave, have you noticed any improvement with the brain fog now that you are 7.5 months along? Hopefully, thanks,lovetiff :)

Another supplement you can try is choline (that's a B vitamin). That helped me for a very short time early on in my taper. I haven't tried it since.

Therese, hi there so has your brain fog improved ? How ae you doing at this point? Thanks for the support :)lovetiff

Today I have just a bit of brain fog. Yesterday I had more. Some days are better than others. But ll in all, I am much better on a consistent basis than I was during the early part of my taper.

hi tiff, please be careful as i have read that some vitamen can increase w/d...  a lot of people have had problems with b vit as they work on the cns.. i have told you that before :)  i just would worry about you  jenn

Yes, some people can be very sensitive to vitamins during w/d. Some people can't tolerate them at all because they rev up w/d symptoms. So if you're going to try a supplement, it's best to start with a very low dose and see how you react first.

Thanks for the reminder, Jenn!

• 1 month later...
I hope your Foggy feeling is getting better Tiff.  Mine comes and goes but is getting better all the time.  Yesterday I was pretty clear all day, the best day Ive had in months, still shakey but thankful for a window of clarity.  Nothing helps my fog when its present.

After I had such a good day.  I ate alot of sushi and I guess the murcury put me into overloasd WD.  So no more raw fish for me.

Hi Twitch,

I wouldn't be so rash. Maybe there is something with the raw fish that's caused you probelms; maybe not. Keep a diary of your ups and downs. If you find that bad patches keep occurring with somesome you eat, then it would be wise to avoid it. If this is the first time you've noticed such a reaction, who's to say that you wouldn't have had a bad day anyway? It would be shame to give up something that you don't need to.