does acute withdrawal really last 2 months?

[1e...]

[1e...]
i read it on the internet said acute withdrawal lasts 2 months.. was just curious as too how many people felt well in this time frame..

Hi stuckinjax12,

It is hard to determine how long acute withdrawals take.  It depends on how long you have been on the medication, the dose of the medication and how quickly you tapered or if you went cold turkey.  Everyone is different.

Take care,

Popcornlady

[1e...]
yikes, if i didn't forgive the dr, i would give him an acute asswooping, to a protracted one lol, no, but i used alprazolam for 4 weeks then tapered with clonazepam, total of 6 weeks, :( i hate these evil drugs

Stuckinjax12,

From what I have been reading on this website and researching, it seems like 2 months seems about the time when the healing begins.  This probably depends on each individual but it seems at worst cse your body takes a good month just to flush the Xanax out of your system and the Central Nervous System reboots.  My post Xanax time, approaching 6 weeks, is that of a daily roller coaster of feeling myself and feeling loopy with tension in the side of my head.  Some days i feel tired and now and then i go thru nearly a day feeling close to myself. 

When I was feeling my worst prior to be presribed Xanax and right before I decided to get off it, I always wondered whether the loopiness would start, driving and having a drug in my system.  Although i still get the loopiness and depersonalization feelings, I don't worry about going places with it and just ride the bad feelings out and it goes away.  I goto the gym about 5 to 6 times a week and although it wears me down, I continue to go. 

My advice as a fellow post Xanax pataint is to be patient, you have gone thru the worst and are off the drug and celebrate that success, inmprovement will be deliberate but look how far you have come.

Bailey83...That is good to hear.  I just CT off k. but have stayed on Xanax at .75mgs broken up through out the day.  I noticed that certain sxs are easing up after the first month. 

Hey,

Withdrawal can last a long time...as I was told by a benzo wise (I think Genius in this case actually) doctor, protracted withdrawal can go on for months and months...I spent eight months in pt hell..I reinstated so I could go through a proper taper and feel human again..but he did say that he has seen patients still suffering after two years...it is different for all of us as we arent the same on a chemical level..so healing happens at different rates..dont be discouraged if your healing doesnt start when you think it should, its different for everyone but it will happen.

M

[1e...]
wow mk, you were on benzos since 23, i can't imagine how much life this evil drug robbed from you, all i can say its robbed me of my life for the past couple of months, i can't believe it when drs. say its all in your mind or you have an underlying condition,but i pray for a speedy recovery i;m much better than a couple weeks ago,besides the crazy thoughts i have and headaches.. and occasional shaking, how are you feeling ..

I  dont' know one person be ok after 2 months . Maybe 2 years , but 2 months no .

Just to read here how long people suffer  , see  the picture  how long will take .

Definitelly no 2 months .

Erika

[1e...]

erika,

i read a couple people felt better after two months,i'm just praying i will be too, at least the thoughts will go away... i could  tolerate the physical

erika,

i read a couple people felt better after two months,i'm just praying i will be too, at least the thoughts will go away... i could  tolerate the physical

Yes , I was  better second month  off, but 4 month was turn and i was 16 times in ER with seizures .  Then 5 , 6,  was better , then 8 was bad , then 9 , 10 was little better , then 11 was worst etc ,.

And i did good taper , maybe person on benzo for 2 weeks will be ok second month.

I just read here  about people and benzo and  that it. Well be nice be ok after 2 months , but i dont; believe doctors anymore  , and I know will take me minimum 3 years  be 100% ok .   

I dont' read one post person ok after 2 months  ;) ;) Erika

[1e...]

erika,

i agree with you 100percent i don't trust drs.anymore either, this was an accident being put on this drug, they don't explain nothing, and i would go to er, and they knew what i was taking and nobody said nothing :( makes me mad to think about it..

Stuckin

Sorry  , I dont' want to scare you . :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;)

I wish to you no w/d period  ;)

But if some lunetec said w/d from benzo take 2 months and  milions people suffering here and how many suicide due w/d , i almost did b/c this evil drug  make me  so  sick , i dont' believe .

I hope you have  no symptoms , but i dont; believe  we all here just  imagine  be on ER and sick more then animal just for fun.

I had 9 months taper , sick like hell , 11 months off  and for sure one more year till maybe i dont ' have to think what i eat or drink or stress . :D :DErika

erika,

i agree with you 100percent i don't trust drs.anymore either, this was an accident being put on this drug, they don't explain nothing, and i would go to er, and they knew what i was taking and nobody said nothing :( makes me mad to think about it..

How long you was on drug Stuckin ?

I was 12 years for absolutely no reason . I went for something help me sleep month , am  change work shift , and they left me on for 12 years .I was sick like hell 12 year , go doctor  always , he was telling me ,,,you imagine thing .

And I was so high  , have no idea was Clon what make me sick all years . And trusted my  :idiot: doctor , was my dr, 24 years . Imagine how livid Am . :smitten:

[1e...]

erika,

i used for a total of 6 weeks, i was on alprazolam for four weeks, then i tapered with clonazepam for two weeks ,then i stopped.. june 1st..

erika,

i used for a total of 6 weeks, i was on alprazolam for four weeks, then i tapered with clonazepam for two weeks ,then i stopped.. june 1st..

Thanks God you was on only short time , and Clon only 2 weeks . So you Stuckin can be that lucky one 2 months , because very short time . Maybe you will have no symptoms . :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Take  up 2 months be hock  and then is problem .

I think you will be ok , for sure , because  your short time .You lucky  :D :D Erika

All,

I would say I am feeling my worst when i dont get a solid night's sleep and at my best towards the end of the work week.  Routine seems to help.  Generally I feel my worst around mid day.  As I am close to apprachjing two months, I definitely do not feel like myself.  I function in my daily routine but w/d sys I would describe as a toothache or stomach ache excpet in my head.  It is very tough to ignore and becuase I don't feel like myslef it is on my mind alot.  This afternoon was tough but have to continue to focus on the fact i am not putting that aweful drug in my body.  I cant believe it is prescribed the way it is and how long the damage lasts and there is no reversal.  I am amazed.

[1e...]
i hope so, but still y do these drugs give you bad thoughts, o.m.g  i never had them before thease evil drugs, i never knew nothing abouth these drugs, a dr. i just met prescribed me them

All,

I would say I am feeling my worst when i dont get a solid night's sleep and at my best towards the end of the work week.  Routine seems to help.  Generally I feel my worst around mid day.  As I am close to apprachjing two months, I definitely do not feel like myself.  I function in my daily routine but w/d sys I would describe as a toothache or stomach ache excpet in my head.  It is very tough to ignore and becuase I don't feel like myslef it is on my mind alot.  This afternoon was tough but have to continue to focus on the fact i am not putting that aweful drug in my body.  I cant believe it is prescribed the way it is and how long the damage lasts and there is no reversal.  I am amazed.

Bailey

Stay strong  and focus  , is hard but  many people did  after very long time on , so you will tooooo  :D :D Routine , yes is best , watch what you eat , drink , stress all that affect  W/S

Hugs and lots of energie to you and  congrats  to 2 months off :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smitten: Erika

i hope so, but still y do these drugs give you bad thoughts, o.m.g  i never had them before thease evil drugs, i never knew nothing abouth these drugs, a dr. i just met prescribed me them

[/quot 

e]

Horrible right ?  Me too , i never took aspirin , or drugs . 2 days ago i had chest pain i went walking clinic [ i dont'  sleep all night that night ] , just want  him to listen my heart and doctor I see first time said  , .....,,,,,,,I give you some med for sleep  ,,,,,,,,and started write ,.  I told him I quitig Clonazepam .  He dont'  care  :smitten:

Unreal  , how can they do that to people . This is pure neglegt and crime .

Acute withdrawal (when symptoms are most intense) is said to last between 6-8 weeks.  I kept a daily log so I remember that acute w/d lasted 6 1/2 weeks after basically a c/t in detox. 

After 6 1/2 weeks I didn't have to have someone take care of me, I could drive if I had to and I wasn't in nonstop torture anymore. 

I've been benzo free for 27 months now and still not fully healed.  Protracted withdrawal officially begins after 18 months.

Hi All

Who said that ? Doctors ?

I dont' believe  any s...from doctors .

I was very outgoing , happy person with  many , many  friends . 

Never  depressed , anxiety , sad ,  suicide .  Never before .

Month 4  i become soo depressed  i almost suicide  and not once .

I am not person who ever think about death , cut my wrist etc . Never .

Why I am still sick 11 months off , cannot eat , drink etc . Is not in my head , like my  :idiot: dr said

Why we continue sick  . for years ? If take only 2 months .

I dont' believe  that .

Yes , if somebody is on benzo 3 weeks or month ok , w/d 2 months ok . Yes is possible .

I someone is longer , body , brain everything need time , and 2 months is joke .

I cannot even read this anymore . Going bike calm my nerves . Why ?

Why , i am not ok after 2 months  ? :smitten:

Why need to bike like  crazy  get better  ?Erika

Stuckin.... The answer to this is simple.  It lasts as long as it lasts and we have no choice but to got through it...until.  I thought that after 33 days off I would notice significant improvement and I have in a few ways.  This morning was much better thatn the last two days.  Heart still raced and thoughts were racing but, I did not feel like I was going to have heart failure.  Most mornings I have wondered if i might just have a heart attack.  The K. is an evil one on our CNS.... if you asked me  a month ago if it was even possible to feel this bad a month after getting off of anything I would have said no but, now that I have lived through part of this...wow... I was wrong.  What helps me is to compare my first two weeks of getting off (hallucinations, could barely walk, driving was a no go, tremors constantly, fevers and chills, literally living moment to moment with no memory of what had happened two minutes ago) with every day since.  I see a little tiny thing to be grateful for daily.  Even if it is just that I have a morning (like today) where I know I can survive... You were on a lot less than me for a much shorter period of time so I would say be grateful for that and be positive.  Dont dwell on the negative.  it only makes things worse...J

Yep, jessiccarabbit is right! It lasts as long as it lasts, different for everyone....we are all chemically different so our CNS recover at different rates..someone once told me that patience is a virtue...to have patience through this process is a super power! Acceptance is key to survival of this. It was hard for me to accept this is what life has become but through the help of a wonderful doctor I have come to accept my life right now for where I am..it makes it better!! The most important thing that I have learned and I think this applies to all of us here because we are all fighters!!! DON'T LET THIS DEFINE THE WAY YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE!!! I let it define me as a person for so long..its hard to get out of that but its slowly happening..I am getting around more, doing more things and smiling a bit more often..being alive even if we are in pain is good! Any of this could have killed anyone of us...we are all lucky people here!! So to accept your situation and not dwell on what may or may not happen will make it a lot easier for you to recover in the long run! Be happy...we have futures and living in front of us!!!

M

Don't listen to other peoples horror stories.  It is quite possible to be healed in 2 months.  I used Xanax for over a month 6 years ago and just stopped one day.  No w/d's.  If you get caught up in the negative, you will feel worse.  Stay positive.  It will be better soon.