Dramamine - is it safe during withdrawal?

I have to take a longer trip, like 10 hrs in bus. Since I have traveling sickness, I need dramamine. But as far as I know, dramamine is sedative, mild relaxant, so I am not sure is it safe to take it during withdrawal process. I now feel better and windows are getting longer (but waves are still daily constant), and I don't want to ruin that.

Is it safe to take dramamine during withdrawal? I was on rivotril (similar as Klonopin).

Hi,

I believe that dramamine is very close to the chemical composition of Diphenhydramine, which is (Benadryl).  Many people take Benadryl with no problem.  To reassure yourself, you can call a  drug store, and ask a phamacist.

Take care, and I hope you have a nice trip.

pj

Hi Biljana , I just look side effects  and i will not take . Blurry vision , heart racing , dizzy etc . . Good luck . Erika :smitten:

BiljanaM,

I take Non-Drowsy Dramamine (meclizine) for dizziness and I have had no problems with it. If anything it calms me down a bit. If you have a history of having opposite reactions to medications then you might want to avoid it.

You might want to consider bringing some ginger and peppermint too.

OTM

I've taken benadryl as a sleep aid from time to time, and i don't think its related to benzos. It did nothing to relieve withdrawl symptoms, so its probably ok. If it concerns you, ask you pharmacist. They will know better than anyone if the two drugs interact.

Brian

Thanks guys, i have some bad history with traveling sickness so I am reluctant to travel without dramamine, Now, I think it probably does not mess with withdrawal but...

Erica, I just read adverse reactions and you are right it's scary. I never thought this over the counter med can cause such bad reactions. Now I am really reluctant whether to use it. Ugh.

Did you ever think of sea bands? They are for motion sickness or other types of nausea. I'm at a high level of valium still so they don't work for me but a lot of people swear by them. If I were you I would by them, make sure they are on right and take a test drive. Braclets don't have side effects. Good luck