Opiate to benzo withdrawal

[No...]

Hi all,  I started with a 2 herniated disk from a work injury which pinched a nerve, for 8 months I have been on hydrocodone and oxycodone.  I was tired of being dependent on these opiates for my problem.  I decided to quit and went through one of the most miserable times of my life.  I ended up in the ER and was given ativan followed by Klonipin.  I was taking 1 mg X3 day for 2 weeks and when I ran out of my own prescription I took at least 30 pills of my wifes xanax in a 2 day period.  I have slept maybe 4 hours in the last 3-4 days.  I feel like im losing my mind. I am trembling. I can't eat.  I stutter now when I talk and constantly jerk.  I am hoping to get some guidance from this forum, this is all new to me.  I watched some benzo withdrawal informational videos on youtube of which a few spoke of BB so I figured I should try it out. 

Hello and Welcome Nosleep3days,

It sure sounds like you have had a rough go of things.  I am not that familiar with opiates, but I do know they need to be tapered off. Did you taper off them or stop suddenly, cold turkey?

You were only on benzos for a pretty short time but I believe you have several things impacting your system right now.  Perhaps you are not recovered yet from the opiate withdrawal.  Also taking so many xanax pills in such a short period of time has really confused your central nervous system.

Since you were on klonopin for only 2 weeks, and that is the longest time recommended for these types of medications, you might be able to ride out these symptoms.

If they are unbearable then if were me I would contact my doctor and reinstate and then do a slow taper.

We have some information for you, one is the Ashton Manual and I will put a link to that:

Ashton Manual

We also have a Cold Turkey, rapid taper Board where you can ask questions of those who have experienced this: Cold Turkey Detox & Rapid Withdrawal Board

Please ask questions, we are here to help.

pianogirl