For anyone suffering the dreaded benzo belly

I am at a standstill! The benzo belly pain is not improving, but not getting worse! I should be thankful. I did find that massage on belly is a definite no. Felt like terrible nerve pain when I was done. Heat does not work. I am almost 8 weeks off and still counting on that 3 month mark to at least take the edge off! I am in the no appetite and weight loss stage. I gained 4 pounds while i was on it and lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I try to do just the protein shake, and I did purchase the immunopro, not sure if it is helping, but at least I feel like I am getting some nutrition. I am on straight carrot juice and green smoothies. They kinda give me a burning feeling in my gut, but it is tolerable. I can't seem to give up the 4 cigarettes I smoke a day, even tho somedays, I think they make me feel worse. I bought some gastromycin because i found another blog that it helped someone in wd with gut issues, but I am scared to try it. My gut is always the last to heal, because it is so sensitive to everything. Is there hope that one day I might not be in pain. Anyone else having this problem? I can't seem to find anyone who has the gut problem. My bowels are fine if I do my colon cleansing, and i have had a colonoscopy, and it was fine. I just have unrelenting pain from morning til night. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

i think most people here suffer from benzo gut. I constantly feel like I swallowed a bucket of cactus spines and bleach. the only thing that helps me is to eat light so it doesn't take long to digest. you must drink lots of water and eat a nutritious diet to help digestion and heal. there are many gaba receptors in the stomach. it is basically one big muscle. w/d effects all the muscles in the body especially the gi tract. rstud