Weird rash and skin issues.

hello all,

First time post. I have been a member for a while and been reading the forums for about a year. This place has helped me more than I could say!! Like everybody else here, this benzo withdrawal has been a long hard road.

I was on 4mg daily for about 15years. Over the last 18 months I have gotten myself down to .375 daily. (three .125 doses daily) I did a dry tapper with a Dr that has very little experience with benzo withdrawal, but he was willing to be flexible and keep an eye on me.

I have had many of the common symptoms. Heart palpitations, short run arrhythmias, muscle skeletal pains, metallic taste in mouth, extreme dryness, anxiety, visual disturbances, etc. I have seen cardiologists (had v-tach 15 years ago, started my benzo's during that time) allergists, and so forth. I have been good about seeing a Dr when common sense dictated, and even a little more to help keep my peace of mind.

I have this morning rash, or at least I call it a morning rash. Almost every day when I wake up 5-6am I get a rash around my collar bones and peck muscles that is warm and itchy. It subsides over the course of an hour. It is only itchy during onset and a few minutes after. sometimes it's only on one side and it does not seem to have any particular shape to it.

I have explained these rash symptoms to my allergist, who's comment was "something goes on inside you when you get heated up". He feels finding the TRUE cause would be an significant project with a very low likely hood a finding out anything we don't already know. Basically, he is saying live with it and maybe it will go away after the benzos are out of your system for a year or so.

History of this rash: I actually used to get this same type of rash almost 10 years ago when I unknowingly was in benzo withdrawal. About 10 years ago I went through a period where I was trying to figure out another medical problem. (exercise induced hives) During that time the Drs significantly reduced my daily xanax in order to try and measure the impact on my hive issue. They never mentioned withdrawal or anything else. They said I may feel more anxious. LOL

They never found the cause of hives, and they reinstated me at 4mgs daily. I still have the hives, I think. Let me explain. The only trigger is exercise, or any fast release of a lot of energy. Like pushing a very heavy wheel barrow. I am concerned the hives could led to a much more serious reaction so I have trained myself to walk and work in a very relaxed slow motion kind of way. I still try to walk 2 miles a day, but when I start sweating I stop or slow down. One day when all this crap is behind me, I will slowly push that envelop.

The morning rash to the best of my recollection, did not appear after the reinstatement. And it has reappeared a few months ago, during my dry tapper. On a few occasions I have gotten the rash latter in day along with One or two hives.

It does not seem to be food related. mostly it seems to be "morning" related. weird uh? I do recall reading that certain chemicals are released when a person wakes and they are only released at that time, hence the reason why sleeping very late makes people feel lethargic. Apparently, the internal clock has a time frame for releasing certain chemicals and if that window is missed, the chemicals are not released. However they will release the following day, as the system has reset. At least that is what I have read.

My skin does not seem to react to hot or cold in a weird way. Although, my skin seems pressure sensitive. If I press firmly against the skin on my forearms, like one may do when carrying a heavy box, I will get a light rash or welts.

I NEVER had any type of allergies or skin sensitivities before taking benzos, but that may be a coincidence.

I hope this is withdrawal related. I would really appreciate it if those of you that have had weird skin rash stuff weigh in on this one. Keep in mind, I am still on benzos (.375 daily) so it will be a couple of months before my body starts to really heal, I think..I hope...

Thanks,

HR

Hello.

What I can tell you about my experience with a rash is that about a month into my c/t w/d, i developed super sensitivity to anything touching my skin. I couldn't bear any seams or tight clothes to touch me. At the same time I developed a pretty extensive rash around my color bone which extended down my chest and down my back somewhat. It was red with tiny bumps that were both itchy and painful. It went up my neck too. This rash was irritated by anything touching it.

I did my search here on BB, I was already a member, but not a poster. I found several posts talking about an odd red rash. These kind BB's also spoke of some blistering and aging of the skin on the rash sites.

When I was in the 3rd month, I started being able to force myself out of the house a little bit more. Being in the sun caused the rash to get very angry and develop little tiny blister like things. The rash spread to my legs, hands and a little on my fact.

I was very worried that I was never going to lose that bright red rash. It was both itchy and painful, and I new sun exposure made it worse. I used a hydrocortisone cream and shea butter to try to calm the rash down.

Little by little the rash went away over the next 2 months, but the little blister took their time. Some seemed to last forever, but they did eventually disappear leaving my skin looking just fine. Some of the older posts mentioned their skin remaining like old shriveled leather, I was really frightened of that, but thought there was nothing I could do.

For me, exertion did not appear to be a factor in producing or exacerbating the rash. I believe it was an expression of my CNS pressure on my autoimmune system.

Hope this helps somewhat.

M.

hii, igot this rashes after i toke the benzo ididnt know this time this rashes from benzo iwent more skin doctors but they keep give me medc non worked and keep getting in and out , its not always stay but its leave and come ihave it in my face and some times itches  bade