Anxiety: post benzo

[ru...]

Okay, y'all, how long can I expect this post benzo anxiety to last? I'm 11 days from my last dose and three days into anxiety. I'd like to know what to expect-- will it get worse? when will it get better? that kind of thing.

Thanks! rufus

• 4 months later...

my very unprofessional advice - do no further cuts until you adjust - like wise do no addtional increases unless you have been stressed from this last cut beyond hope.

you may be stressing over the next cut - if so keeping it where you are at may help.

i would also discuss this with colin as he seems to be a taper expert.

Silver: Rufus quit about 5 months ago.

Rufus: Try not to dwell upon it - it's just a blip. You know the drill; withdrawal symptoms can flare up for quite some time. On a positive note, it is often reported that people feel better than the ever did before after these flare ups. It seems to be that these withdrawal symptoms are the short-term result of some changes (repairs) within the GABA system. These symptoms will pass.

Hi Silver,

Thanks but as Colin said, I quit over five months ago. And indeed it was a blip, helped along by my old friend Aunt Flo. LOL! Nothing like estrogen in the mix to help things along.

Colin: It did subside a few days later. Now if I can just get past this root canal on Tuesday. That's the major stressor right now.. but I think that would stress almost any one. Ugh.

Thanks ya'll...

rufus

oh excuse me - i can be out of line sometimes - i'm new here and have a tendency to express myself at inappropriate times.  thats what makes me speical and a pain in the butt all at the same time.

think i need to read more and type less.

listen to colin.

Hi Silver,

No problem. You saw a post that was unanswered (pretty unusual around here) and replied. It's easy to miss something like the date.

Hey Silver,

Don't worry about it. The advice you gave was good as far as it goes. You just didn't see that it was an old post and that I'd already finished my benzo taper when I'd posted it. 'Tis okay.

I still have some anxiety when my hormones fluctuate. Gotta love those hormones. And with the root canal coming up on Tuesday... well, that would cause anxiety in just about anyone. And I have a great dentist too, I've just never had a root canal before.

rufus

• 4 months later...

Hey Silver,

Don't worry about it. The advice you gave was good as far as it goes. You just didn't see that it was an old post and that I'd already finished my benzo taper when I'd posted it. 'Tis okay.

I still have some anxiety when my hormones fluctuate. Gotta love those hormones. And with the root canal coming up on Tuesday... well, that would cause anxiety in just about anyone. And I have a great dentist too, I've just never had a root canal before.

rufus

LOL, hormones during withdrawal! What a great combination, but overall the anxiety gets better.

well if you back up a bit you will see i stepped in it to - i still get embarrassed every time i come here and read my good intentions. :-[

Never be embarrassed by good intentions.  :angel:

Absolutely-- never be embarrassed by good intentions. Even if the info is late for me, it can help someone else.

And thanks for posting, one_person. YOu never know, someone else may be reading and it might be just the thing for them.

BTW, I'm now 10 months off benzos!!! Whoo-hooo!!!

rufus

Absolutely-- never be embarrassed by good intentions. Even if the info is late for me, it can help someone else.

And thanks for posting, one_person. YOu never know, someone else may be reading and it might be just the thing for them.

BTW, I'm now 10 months off benzos!!! Whoo-hooo!!!

rufus

So far being 13 months off, my anxiety is pretty low now, the only time I feel some anxiety, is while I'm learning to drive, but that there is normal. After i'm done practicing, I'm over feeling somewhat anxious, its like now I have an internal switch, that does a pretty good job, at knowing what time to feel a little more anxious and what time to just relax. When I am driving, I'm still able to keep myself, calm enough, so I'm not freaking out on the street, as thats the worst place, to freek out on. I guess, when your learning, your not used to it, so you do worry some, as you don't wanna hit anything. But that is getting better and better with everytime I practice.

Thanks, silver!

bluemoth, the only time I have anxiety is when it's mixed with hormones, as in PMS and then it's not bad. Just more so than my laid- back, easy- going, nothing- ruffles- me self.  And really I chalk that up to impending menopause (at my age--52-- it's GOT to be impending). Sometimes I take some Motherwort tincture for it, sometimes I don't.

The problem is when I get anxiety, I usually experience it as shortness of breath, and that's not good for someone with asthma, mild though it is. So I have to run through my mental checklist to see where I am in the month and yep, 99% of the time, that's it.

rufus