Stephen Fry on the box

[Co...]

Hi,

Did anyone see the Stephen Fry program tonight on BBC2? I was just dipping in and out of the program, but did take notice of an American doctor describing how some US doctors are diagnosing bipolar disorder in children as young as 2 1/2!

<br />

[81...]

Colin,

It's true. It's absurd. Deveolpmental stages are now medical conditions. This wouldn't happen if someone weren't paying for it.

The abuse crops up everywhere. As my sister said,"How do I get into the control group?"

Jana

The second part of the program was on last night. I already knew that sectioning (commital) just requires the signatures of two doctors and a social worker, but I didn't realise that once this has happened you are no longer allowed to vote or instruct a solicitor (lawyer). Once sectioned, we become non-citizens!

[81...]

Hi Colin,

I don't l know if this loss of citizenship happens in the USA. It seems laughable that two medical doctors plus one social worker can take citizenship with no due process of law.

I didn't understand "instruct a solicitor". Does that mean that those accused of mental illness are denied representation?

Jana

Yes, you cannot take legal advice, hire a lawyer, etc. I suppose someone on your behalf can hire a lawyer, but that relies upon someone who is genuinely fighting on behalf. In any case, no one can ever truly represent our wishes on our behalf. It's mindboggling!

• 5 months later...

pills used to be prescribed on a short time basis - now you can get on but not off.

i have been labeled bi-polar - lots of money in that label - in america you don't lose your rights just respect.

but i have dumped that label on the grounds that pills and therapy never fixed it - so it can't be that - got to be something else - and they can either fix it or shut up - so far they have shut up - i would rather be fixed but drugs neither legal nor illegal worked.

so guess i have to fix myself - i will begin by not being labeled.

there is a conscious effort to under mind peoples confidence and turn them into zombies that produce profit and forfeit power - guess what - i ain't playing no more - it don't work and i never got to win.

it is a darned shame they are drugging children and labeling them - i hope people wake up.  the biggest draw back children face is undernurishment from food with empty calories - or harmful farming practices.