The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

The Klonopin is a b***h... thats for sure.  I haven't had a good day yet but I have a few decent hours at nite sometimes.  The WD sxs just sneak back up on you and wham you right in the head.  Today its a headache... yesterday diziness...day before agorophobia.  Crazy.... J

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi everyone, I am having alot of muscle burning.  I hope this goes away.  I also have chest pain and fullness feeling, tightness.  i am so exhausted but I am not exercising at all from fear of adrenaline surges which feel terrible. 

I have read that klonipin damages the thyroid.  I started having to take thyroid medication in 2006.  well I am 3 mons in withdrawal and would you believe my thryoid is working better and the doc had to lower my medication.  I am also taking alot of vitamin c 2000 mg daily, glutathione, amino acids,  and nutrients for adrenal fatigue.  you become completely adrenal exhausted in withdrawal and after years of putting this poison in your system. Adrenal exhastion also shuts down the thyroid.  of course the drug also caused sleep deprivation so I haven't really slept for 17 years.  a good site to read is Dr Lam. com.  I know everyone suffering in withdrawal has to experience adrenal fatigue or exhaustion. 

hi everyone, I am having alot of muscle burning.  I hope this goes away.  I also have chest pain and fullness feeling, tightness.  i am so exhausted but I am not exercising at all from fear of adrenaline surges which feel terrible. 

I have read that klonipin damages the thyroid.  I started having to take thyroid medication in 2006.  well I am 3 mons in withdrawal and would you believe my thryoid is working better and the doc had to lower my medication.  I am also taking alot of vitamin c 2000 mg daily, glutathione, amino acids,  and nutrients for adrenal fatigue.  you become completely adrenal exhausted in withdrawal and after years of putting this poison in your system. Adrenal exhastion also shuts down the thyroid.  of course the drug also caused sleep deprivation so I haven't really slept for 17 years.  a good site to read is Dr Lam. com.  I know everyone suffering in withdrawal has to experience adrenal fatigue or exhaustion.

Hi Mystery1,

I have that same muscle pain/burning too.  It can get so bad at times.  I have to use ice packs alot from the constant inflammation in my sciatic nerve and not sure if thst is helping the burn too or if it's just eased off the inflammation but it helps sometimes.

I didn't realize that about Klonopin messing up your thyroid but I've been reading alot od posts from those rapering of going to doctors to get their thyroids checked out.  I never paid attention to which drug they were tapering from so assumed it was a benzo W/D issue.  I've just read alot of people having specific health issues, going to doctor and nothing seen (or maybe diagnoseda) only for the problem to go away once they taper off.  Hard to imagine so much damage such a teenie tiny pill can do.  What brand of gluthatione did you get?  I just read somewhere on one of those drug detox type websites about glutathione but their specific brand was outrageously priced.  It also had a ton of supplements in it I already take so seemed pointless to get.  Being unimployed, I try to look for the deals.  I'm starting with a gluten free elimination diet next week to see how that goes.  One of the members on here tried that for ongoing muscle pain she had like 2 yearss out at the end of her taper and she had alot of success with it.

Donna

hi donna,  that glutathione is expensive.  I get it at supplementclinic.com it is liquid.  I too have found that a gluten free diet helps alot.  my body is so stressed right now.  I am at 0.3 mg  and it is rough.  on top of that I have bronchitis too.  I wonder if withdrawal can cause lots of mucous problems?  I am glad I am not alone in this muscle skin burning thing.  I also have lots of chest heaviness and pain.  I am amazed more every day at want I learn about this drug, what it does to the body. 

Hi mystery1,

Boy, just read my post and a ton of typos.  That's what I get for not using the preview before posting.  ;D  It wouldn't surprise me if w/d caused mucous problems.  Seems to wreck havoc with literally every part of our body.  I've had constant runny nose and sinus issues, but at first I contributed the runny nose to when I went off the opiate since that is a w/d symptom for opiates.  It's still with me even though been off those about 5 months now.  Have always had sinus issues but not on a regular basis since being on both opiates and benzos.  Yep, we just keep learning on a regular basis on how bad this drug is and the damage it does.

hi k club.its been a while however i have a queston.i am now off 106 days/3/25/12.

having alot of muscle spasms/pain in neck,some facial,shoulders and arms,legs.chest pain,and a few days of palpatations.also some visual disturbances and yes gi issues except not as bad as previously.i also get on of itchy skin.pelvis pain.anxiety has wore off.i sleep 4-6 hrs with no other drug.

whats really alarming at times is wierd head sensations.tension,full feeling and sometimes like i got fluid running in my head.

almost went to er the other day but i talked myself out of it.enough test already.

wondering if anyone would be so kind to share their symptoms with me.and if anybody is close to my time frame of being off the benzo boat.i force my self to do light workout 4x a week and know its adding to muscle pain,etc.but i cant just sit here anymore.it gives me some of me back.even took my grandson to the beach yeasterday.after a few hours swimming and wading sore as hell today.heres wishing for some relief soon for me and all of you.i also heard month 3-4 is hell and i am there.

alan

First time on the string.  Klonopin seems to cause a lot of problems.  I get the chest pain and head pain at 9 months off plus weakness and a slow heart rate.  Electrical current and feeling heart beat throughout my body.  The burning has gone away thank goodness.

Interesting to learn about klonopin and thyroid.  I'm going to see an endocrinologist, but I'll bet he won't know anything about the effects of klonopin withdrawal.

I just had the biggest window, nearly a week of unusually good energy.  Then I got exhausted and then got a wicked case of diarrhea.  I guess ANY strain will drain me.  Digestion is healing, but I'm totally wiped out.  Expect to be like this tomorrow too.  Back to the isolation of exhaustion.... sigh!

New here and wanted to join the K Klub...guess we all pay our dues? Ba DUM dum.  :crazy:

I'm not able to distinguish yet when my body is actually sick or when it's in withdrawal. I had a lot of GI s**t too...thought maybe I had an ulcer but it went away.

Other things like, am I tired or am I twitching because of w/d? It's that kind of thing right now.

Anyone else's feet stay flexed all day? Strange and exhausting.

Hi Everyone,

Haven't posted in a few weeks but wanted to chime in and say hello.  I am 4 1/2 months post-Klonopin and  month 4 was absolutely horrible and it has not let up very much.  Depression, panic (especially in the am), racing thoughts, obsessive thoughts, trouble falling and staying asleep.  Now my latest symptom is dramatic loss of muscle and skin elasticity.  Anyone else experiencing these oh so unflattering symptoms?  I am in great shape -- swimming or yoga almost every day -- and yet I rather suddenly feel weaker and my skin is looser and strange feeling.  I read that the high levels of cortisol can effect the muscles.  Has anyone else heard this?

fun, fun, fun!!

Karen

Hello everyone.

Right now in a very bad wave last 10 days and is worse and worse. I feel like in acute faze. Anyone experience acute faze this far out.

My mind is racing and I always think something more than w/d is going on. Now I google too much about different diseases.

I was on klonopin for 5 years and off 10 months.

Marry

Oh Marry ... I'm sorry that you're still hurting so badly.  In my experience these phases of intense waves of symptoms (similar to acute) are very normal for benzo withdrawal for some of us folks.  Do you want to describe what is happening so we can confirm that those are withdrawal symptoms or if it might be something different that you ought to see a doctor about?  Googling is a NO NO.  :laugh:

I'm dying to know if you're back at home and how your trip went.  Let me know, when you're up to it.

It just can take so darn long to recover, you have 10 whole months behind you and that is alot of time put in to this.  Stupid waves!!!  Hopefully day 11 will be when it goes away.

:therethere:

Oh Marry ... I'm sorry that you're still hurting so badly.  In my experience these phases of intense waves of symptoms (similar to acute) are very normal for benzo withdrawal for some of us folks.  Do you want to describe what is happening so we can confirm that those are withdrawal symptoms or if it might be something different that you ought to see a doctor about?  Googling is a NO NO.  :laugh:

I'm dying to know if you're back at home and how your trip went.  Let me know, when you're up to it.

It just can take so darn long to recover, you have 10 whole months behind you and that is alot of time put in to this.  Stupid waves!!!  Hopefully day 11 will be when it goes away.

:therethere:

Hi Whoopsie

I so missed you. Haven't talk with you for a long time.

I moved to live with my hubby again. The trip was awful. I had therapy and start going out but that travel stress was too much. When I returned here it wasn't so bad until last 10 days and especially from Saturday morning. Sudden wave of bad nausea, shaking, fainting spells, fear/terror, and a lot of burning, face, arms, neck, chest (like I am on the fire), sometimes legs, very high anxiety, heart racing. then I have to walk, move around my flat, feel like I am losing my mind, intrusive obsessive thoughts. That last from morning and feel little better in the evening but feel very traumatize and worried.

I read somewhere here about Lyme Disease and somehow start thinking about that with no reason. I didn't come here often just because I couldn't read some things. Now I am here active again and it is helping me but also get scared. Also read about people suffering for a long time. I don't expect to be healed by 1 year but also not to feel like in acute faze. This is just so hard.

I feel so sick. i didn't go out from Saturday. two days ago I tried to go with my hubby and went just one block and had to come back home. Couldn't stand on my feet, feel weak, strange, vision problems.

I hope everything fine with me, and that this is just w/d and I am mentally ok. I am so scared and traumatized.

Sorry for my long post. How are you. I read about your holiday and very happy for you.

Marry

Forgot to say that I feel like I have a fever but don't. Actually yesterday had very low grade fever and that passes very soon and I took ibuprofen cause also had bad headache. That was after morning attack happened. I had that low grade fever in acute faze in the first few months but they last maybe just an hour and that is it. I am now worried about that fever.

Marry

Forgot to say that I feel like I have a fever but don't. Actually yesterday had very low grade fever and that passes very soon and I took ibuprofen cause also had bad headache. That was after morning attack happened. I had that low grade fever in acute faze in the first few months but they last maybe just an hour and that is it. I am now worried about that fever.

Can be this bad 10 month off. I didn't feel great before this but could function.

Marry

Well, let's see ... oh, it's that stupid LYME thing again!!!  That is a source of annoyance whenever I see that word.  It scares the crap out of everybody.  As if we don't have enough to deal with in drug withdrawal and all the terrible, awful, nasty symptoms.  From what I've gathered, even the tests for it are inconclusive.  I just don't buy it and refuse to believe that w/d symptoms are anything other than w/d symptoms because this happened when we went off the drugs and for no other reason.  Excuse me, I just get so pissed off about this.  Do you have any reason to believe that you have been bitten by a tick and that that is what is causing this horror show?  Or did this start happening to you when you went off drugs??  I don't care if I am using denial on this one, I am just not going to go there.  I talked to another lady today and she was suffering from the exact same scare.  It's pure nonsense in my opinion.  ::)  I am not going to argue with anyone if they have been tested for this and found positive and are taking the treatment for it and if it works to magically heal them, then YAY for them.  I highly doubt that that is going to happen.  :tickedoff:  I have not heard one person come on here and report anything like that and it's bull and not needed here at all.  If people have that disease then they need to be on a Lyme Forum not a Benzo Withdrawal Forum.  Yikes!!!  I feel strongly about this.

The only symptom you mentioned that I'm not familiar with are the fainting spells.  Do you actually pass-out?

As far as the fever, do you just mainly feel some heat waves?  I know I've had plenty of those and I think it's because our hormones are so out of whack.  The intrusive, bizarre thoughts, the stress, the worry, the fear ... ALL WITHDRAWAL.  The nausea, the shaking, the burning, the chest on fire, the hard time breathing (you didn't mention that one, but I'm assuming), the agorophobia ... ALL WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS.

Marry, if this fear is a real one that you might in fact have Lyme disease, then please go to a doctor and have it checked out.  If not, don't let this brand of fear mongering play with your mind.  You have enough on your plate right now just getting thru a day surviving benzodiapepine withdrawal.  That is more than almost anyone on this planet can cope with, if it's bad, like yours is.  I didn't get some symptoms until I was 2 years off, that some people were reporting when they just came off.  Some of us have to suffer long and hard and that is just the way it is.  The good news is Marry, my friend, that we do recover and I know that because I have experienced it and I too was getting pretty convinced that this was permanent and that I was ruined for life.  I was 90% well, almost the whole two weeks on my holiday.  I've had a little slip back to some symptoms because I stupidly drank alcohol one night near the end because the stupid Pina Coladas were free at the Luau.  There is no doubt in my mind that soon this will go away too, in fact it is already easing up.

Sorry, I'm coming across so strong about this topic but I'm really mad that you read about this and got so scared.  It's the last thing you and others need to hear about when you are so very vulnerable to these types of suggestions.  I care very much about you and that you hang-in and get well and have faith and hope that you too will recover.  That is the only thing we have during this process and if that runs out, then there really is trouble.  Search out peace, calm and relaxation and say NO to fear which is a lie in the biggest sense that no one needs.  We are bigger and stronger than we ever imagined.

Deep breath Whoopsie.  :D  Lots of love to you and I'm so glad that you're back with your hubby.  That therapist sounds like she really helped you come along with the agoraphobia.  I'd be interested to know what she told you and how she helped but I'm sure that that would be too long to write about.  I wonder if you could Skype with her and get back on track?  My flight home kicked my butt too so I know what you mean about that, but we did it, we got where we wanted to go.  You will do that with w/d too, you will get where you want to go ... trust it and believe it.

:hug:  ;)

Well, let's see ... oh, it's that stupid LYME thing again!!!  That is a source of annoyance whenever I see that word.  It scares the crap out of everybody.  As if we don't have enough to deal with in drug withdrawal and all the terrible, awful, nasty symptoms.  From what I've gathered, even the tests for it are inconclusive.  I just don't buy it and refuse to believe that w/d symptoms are anything other than w/d symptoms because this happened when we went off the drugs and for no other reason.  Excuse me, I just get so pissed off about this.  Do you have any reason to believe that you have been bitten by a tick and that that is what is causing this horror show?  Or did this start happening to you when you went off drugs??  I don't care if I am using denial on this one, I am just not going to go there.  I talked to another lady today and she was suffering from the exact same scare.  It's pure nonsense in my opinion.  ::)  I am not going to argue with anyone if they have been tested for this and found positive and are taking the treatment for it and if it works to magically heal them, then YAY for them.  I highly doubt that that is going to happen.  :tickedoff:  I have not heard one person come on here and report anything like that and it's bull and not needed here at all.  If people have that disease then they need to be on a Lyme Forum not a Benzo Withdrawal Forum.  Yikes!!!  I feel strongly about this.

The only symptom you mentioned that I'm not familiar with are the fainting spells.  Do you actually pass-out?

As far as the fever, do you just mainly feel some heat waves?  I know I've had plenty of those and I think it's because our hormones are so out of whack.  The intrusive, bizarre thoughts, the stress, the worry, the fear ... ALL WITHDRAWAL.  The nausea, the shaking, the burning, the chest on fire, the hard time breathing (you didn't mention that one, but I'm assuming), the agorophobia ... ALL WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS.

Marry, if this fear is a real one that you might in fact have Lyme disease, then please go to a doctor and have it checked out.  If not, don't let this brand of fear mongering play with your mind.  You have enough on your plate right now just getting thru a day surviving benzodiapepine withdrawal.  That is more than almost anyone on this planet can cope with, if it's bad, like yours is.  I didn't get some symptoms until I was 2 years off, that some people were reporting when they just came off.  Some of us have to suffer long and hard and that is just the way it is.  The good news is Marry, my friend, that we do recover and I know that because I have experienced it and I too was getting pretty convinced that this was permanent and that I was ruined for life.  I was 90% well, almost the whole two weeks on my holiday.  I've had a little slip back to some symptoms because I stupidly drank alcohol one night near the end because the stupid Pina Coladas were free at the Luau.  There is no doubt in my mind that soon this will go away too, in fact it is already easing up.

Sorry, I'm coming across so strong about this topic but I'm really mad that you read about this and got so scared.  It's the last thing you and others need to hear about when you are so very vulnerable to these types of suggestions.  I care very much about you and that you hang-in and get well and have faith and hope that you too will recover.  That is the only thing we have during this process and if that runs out, then there really is trouble.  Search out peace, calm and relaxation and say NO to fear which is a lie in the biggest sense that no one needs.  We are bigger and stronger than we ever imagined.

Deep breath Whoopsie.  :D  Lots of love to you and I'm so glad that you're back with your hubby.  That therapist sounds like she really helped you come along with the agoraphobia.  I'd be interested to know what she told you and how she helped but I'm sure that that would be too long to write about.  I wonder if you could Skype with her and get back on track?  My flight home kicked my butt too so I know what you mean about that, but we did it, we got where we wanted to go.  You will do that with w/d too, you will get where you want to go ... trust it and believe it.

:hug:  ;)

Thank you very much

I have stop searching what is wrong with me.

Marry

Hi Healing

I am 12 months off now , and maybe month over night I lost all musles  , in face ,my skin just sag, arms , legs , back , all musles are gone .And like you I was always good shape .

I read this will be gone too and everything will come back . I hope  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Erika

this blog should be renamed.klonapin select buddy blog.as most only respond and communicate with certain others post.but its kool.ill do the same.keep my experience and thoughts to myself.

Hi Alan

Sorry you feel that way about this tread. How are you.

I am feeling horrible. 10 months off and sent back to acute faze.

Marry

i would just like to say that in my experience, and to anyone reading...you too Alan :smitten:, that fever thing a few people describe is sooo true.  I feel like I am burning up but my tempature is normal or maybe just a little high.  It is one sx that has not eased up at all for me ....Jess

I'm feeling the need to cut my dose again as well. Feeling really apathetic and lazy, but nothing too bad to prevent me from moving forward. Not looking forward to it at all as my friend wants to take a trip in 2 weeks and I'm worried I won't level off by than. On the same token I don't want to wait two weeks to cut again. Think today is the day to go down to .5!

113 days off today.still neck and head tension,bloating,wash both cars yesterday and wax one.

pulled weeds from flower bed,then went to the beach and swam a bit.after my arms were so weak and

spasming.tight soft muscles.today woke up with pain and cramps  right hip and leg.

usaul neck and head tension,stomach bloating.but im so done with this i still cleaned out my garage.

and ate what i wanted.i am over trying to eat brown rice and chicken 24 7.my stomach is the same anyway. hoping and praying something gives soon.i wish everyone well

[b4...]