The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

It seems people who get off of klonopin have a pretty nasty time. All benzos can be hard to beat, for sure, but so often klon seems to be a beast.

I thought I would make a support thread for people to share their experience, strength and hope.

Anyone want to share a question, post some support, words of wisdom?

All I can say is it has been the hardest thing I have ever done. I am still  fighting to be well. My windows of peace have been amazing. I know one day I will have a door and walk through it.

I am grateful for all of you who have held my hand and my heart here on BB.

Hope I can return the favor as I continue to heal.

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm four months off the Klon and mostly what I'm dealing with is crushing fatigue.  Just had a setback, over-extended myself a couple of weeks ago and have been housebound ever since.  The worse days are when I can barely move.  I get out of bed to get food and go to the bathroom.  Achy and stiff.  I thought things were improving.  2-3 days a week I could actually run an errand or two.  Then the rug got pulled out.  Some racing heart beat, lots of anxiety, brain fog and don't give a damn about most things I used to care about.  I wish I could find a doctor who knows something about all this.  It is so hard to go it more or less alone.  right now I don't have much strength and hope.  sorry!

I battle this clonzepam every month, every week and every day. Sometimes I catch a bit of a break, but it reaches into so many of the CNS facets that it is indeed beastly to get off. Then again, none of them are easy. I do, however, seem to read more about clonazepam affecting muscles than other benzos.

Recovering, what a great thread, thank you. Not sure I want to be a member of the Klonopin Klub, but here I am! It sure does feel like the worst of the benzos, doesn't it.

I haven't been post taper for very long, but so far things are good. I had a horrible experience unknowingly jumping at .5mgs and was expecting to experience all of that again, but that hasn't been the case so far. I've had some very dark moments throughout the acute phase of my w/d, but I can confidently say they passed and I now feel like I am healing. As Benzo3 said, it seems that Klonopin really hits the muscles and I was initially started on it for a muscle issue. So, it's hard to determine what's w/d and what's baseline for me. Hopefully I'll have a better picture in a few months.

Luci, congratulations on making it to 4 months! I hate to hear you're dealing with such horrendous fatigue. I've been there and it's an awful feeling. All of your symptoms are EXACTLY mine, and those are all my biggies, too. I've gone through some really rough patches with it all and it passed. I'm positive it will pass for you, as well! Hang in there!

Benzo3, I hear you on the muscle thing. Unfortunately, I don't get true windows, but even on the good days I can't seem to shake all the muscle stuff going on.

Ally :smitten:

been off clonazapam since 3/25/12  78 days.not good.stiff neck,head symptoms,alot of gi bloating,pressure ,itching,fantom aches

itching after showers and dry itchy skin.frequent urine .end of stream pressure,pelvic pain.hot/cold symptoms

like i have fizz in my head.esophagus spasms.before i tapered off clonazapam on valium.so i think im getting double wammy here.

seem to have alot clonazapam issues but some common valium issues.sleep 5-6 hrs without meds.4 on a bad day.naps are toxic

muscles are weak.day 78 lokking for a break.10 days off all hell broke loose.anxiety pretty much gone.

Oh boy, I hear you Luci & others still struggling off Klonopin!

I am 5 months free -after a 9mo taper & switch to Valium- & am still a mess.

Extreme fatigue, & muscle stiffness pain & weakness -are the worst for me -

along w/ just feeling horrenously awful.

I have a few hrs here & there- usually in the morning or late evening -when I feel a bit

better & can do a few errands or things around the house.

Am a writhing zombie much of the rest of the time.

Hard to fathom when one has been active & productive all one's life. Aieee...

Wish I had a better report to give.

Had not heard that Klon wd can cause severe muscle problems -but sure can attest to that!

Dr today suggested I try pregabalin -Lyrica- to see if it might help, & also baclofen.

Am naturally leary of trying anything -but getting desperate.

Any thoughts anyone??

margaretisabel

I have a few hrs here & there- usually in the morning or late evening -when I feel a bit

Had not heard that Klon wd can cause severe muscle problems -but sure can attest to that!

Dr today suggested I try pregabalin -Lyrica- to see if it might help, & also baclofen.

Any thoughts anyone??

margaretisabel

Lyrica is a baby benzo or at the very least a cousin of the benzos. I would be very careful. It is hard to get off of them I have heard. I dont know if they can make wd worse or not. some here are on it. But I would be very very careful. I dont know much about the muscle relaxer. You may want to check to see if they work on GABA or not.

Hope you heal quickly.

I have a tight spasm in my neck.

There are some nasty neck problems, I forget the name, where the neck twists suddenly.Bliss had that.

She got off of Klonopin too.

So glad to find this thread!  Am starting 5th week of taper w/valium subs.  Was looking for some info on muscle pain and found this.

I am in such agony all the time, along with devastating fatigue.  I've been reflecting on how 4 years back, while on full dose, I was "diagnosed with fibromyalgia" and this pain and fatigue are worse than the worse days back then.  Can't remember for sure but think I upped my dose around that time and sxs subsided, for the most part. 

Recoveringfrombenzos and margaretisabel, I'm EXACTLY the same.  On one hand it's discouraging to read you are still so ill 4 months off and I am just at the beginning of my taper, but at the same time it's encouraging to feel understood.

Benzo3, I'd not heard about klon effecting the muscles so much but I am living it.  It's just unbelievable.  Since I was so sick with many of the same symptoms for so long before starting my taper, I'm now experiencing some muscle wasting.  Will I ever be healthy and active again?!?!

margaretisabel, when I was diagnosed with fibro, I fought hard to get on Lyrica and get it covered by ins.  Finally got it, took it one week, and suffered every sx possible- the worst was swelling of extremities.  Not only did it not relieve pain, it made everything much worse and added all kinds of new symptoms.  Never took it after first week.  I do not recommend it.

Thank you all so much for posting here. 

I'm just so blown away by how terribly painful this is.

When I started this taper I most feared the psychological sxs.  I had no idea what would devastate me the most would be the physical sxs.

Aside from being depressed and anxious because I can't do a single thing and can't leave the house, and feel like a total loser, etc., the psychological sxs for me are a walk in the park compared to the physical.

Best of luck and love to all,

bird

Also, always had a GI system of steel- never any problems.  Now I'm terribly bloated and experiencing stomach pain.  Losing appetite.  Only want to eat watermelon and drink smoothies. 

Also, constant need to urinate and bladder pressure when lying down.

I was put on K for Vaginal Burning as a result of stopping Nytol I took for years , I was put on K for 4 1/2 mths , was told to just stop it c/t , I am just over 2 yeras off K , and its been horrific , the first year was a piece a cake compared to now, struggling with severe nerve pain I never had in my entire life, electrical sharp steady stings all over my entire body, feel like the muscle tissue is being streched under my skin , deep deep muscle burning, neck is so tight feel like an elastic band is pulling it back, face extremly tight , shoulders are extremly tight , bone and muscle pain , insommia , tingling starting to come back again. Its unreal , I read that K hits hard on the nerves . I am praying that because its gotten worst that it means I am getting better.

Any thoughts anyone??

margaretisabel 

Hi Margaretisabel

I am simular to you . Clon 12 years , 9 months taper , now  10 1/2 months off .

Just want tell you  , I have all your w/d , Dr. try give me CLONIDINE ,  BUSBAR, SEROQUEL for pannic atacks  and other w/d .I refused  , and I believe safe  my life .

I think every drug you put in your system when you go thru w/d affect  your w/d .

Because  w/d will run course  and  your body will be not more mixed up  with other drugs . I will  use exersise help easy w/d . I did bike and always killed shakes and others w/d . Still biking now almost 11 months off , very good for sleep  and stop w/d . Or very fast walk .    :smitten: :smitten: 

Good luck Erika

welcome my benzo sis.clonazapam/klonopin are also used as muscle relaxers.hence the reverse effects.

even on full dose you develop tolerance unlesss you up dose.muscle wasting yes/weight loss yes.

gi problems yes.neck /head spasms crazy symptoms.yes i am 78 days off and very much going through it.

frequent urine calming down,pelvic pain,hot cold.yes i was a crazy,making things up,psyco freak according to 48 ER docs i seen.because all test normal.started to believe it.until i found BB.YOUR HOME LOVE

LYRICA KILLED ME TOO.BRAINFOG ETC

Any thoughts anyone??

margaretisabel 

Hi Margaretisabel

I am simular to you . Clon 12 years , 9 months taper , now  10 1/2 months off .

Just want tell you  , I have all your w/d , Dr. try give me CLONIDINE ,  BUSBAR, SEROQUEL for pannic atacks  and other w/d .I refused  , and I believe safe  my life .

I think every drug you put in your system when you go thru w/d affect  your w/d .

Because  w/d will run course  and  your body will be not more mixed up  with other drugs . I will  use exersise help easy w/d . I did bike and always killed shakes and others w/d . Still biking now almost 11 months off , very good for sleep  and stop w/d . Or very fast walk .    :smitten: :smitten: 

Good luck Erika

Iam back  ,  make mistake  , i HAD  ALL YOUR W/D  , NO  I HAVE  . 

I HAD    ,NOT ANYMORE  !!! SORRY FOR SPELL Erika

please guys and gals describe your gi symptoms

I am pretty good now, but I had bloating, horrid gas, (the sheer volume of it was crazy!) and the runs off and on for many months. Feels good to be getting more normal.

please guys and gals describe your gi symptoms

I am pretty good now, but I had bloating, horrid gas, (the sheer volume of it was crazy!) and the runs off and on for many months. Feels good to be getting more normal.

hi Recovery 

i have the same like you . Bloated , crazy gas , pressure in abdominal . m, sensit to food and stress . no more  almost 11 months off .Erika :smitten:

Hi Everyone,

I am just about a year out from my c/t from Klonopin.  One of the worst symptoms for me has been on and off nausea.  There is no rhyme nor reason to it.  I will feel fine for a week or more, and then I develop nausea for a few days.  I've really never had this problem prior to going off Klonopin. 

Another major issue for me is apathy.  I just do not care about anything and I do nothing.  This is my biggest remaining issue, and it is driving me nuts.  My house is a disaster.  It bothers me a lot, but not enough to do anything about it.  Prior to my experience with benzos I had an immaculate house.  I am trying to push myself a little everyday to accomplish something, and it's a good feeling when I do. 

Hugs to all,

Jenn

Alan99:

K Klub in the house!

I have abdominal pressure when I lie down.  Not particularly pain.  Always feel like I need to pee.  Total drag as it's hard to move about these days and getting up constantly is not going so well.

HEADACHES ALL DAY ERRY DAY.  woot.

Alan99:

K Klub in the house!

I have abdominal pressure when I lie down.  Not particularly pain.  Always feel like I need to pee.  Total drag as it's hard to move about these days and getting up constantly is not going so well.

its like toture.i get trying to sit and eat.laying down.head feels like i got antifreeze for blood.

tension in shoulders letting up but replaced with this messed up sensation.cold/hot .

its like the drug is attacking us for stopping it.sometimes i lay down and suffer from

head symptoms

itching

gi

spasms

i try watch a movie on my laptop end falling asleep from agony.

wake up from toxic nap

like im hung over.

right side blows up like a balloon.

damn this crap

:tickedoff:

Alan99:

K Klub in the house!

lexapro is some nasty drug

i hope you feel better

So sorry, A99.  I have felt the same thing: I am being attacked by this drug.

My muscles are all so stiff and sore I feel ancient.

I hope you feel better soon, too.

Lexapro is long gone.  It is another deathdrug and I will never, ever take a psych med again.

Cheers to you and all the rest,

bird

Hi Everyone,

I am just about a year out from my c/t from Klonopin.  One of the worst symptoms for me has been on and off nausea.  There is no rhyme nor reason to it.  I will feel fine for a week or more, and then I develop nausea for a few days.  I've really never had this problem prior to going off Klonopin. 

Another major issue for me is apathy.  I just do not care about anything and I do nothing.  This is my biggest remaining issue, and it is driving me nuts.  My house is a disaster.  It bothers me a lot, but not enough to do anything about it.  Prior to my experience with benzos I had an immaculate house.  I am trying to push myself a little everyday to accomplish something, and it's a good feeling when I do. 

Hugs to all,

Jenn

I am so with you on the apathy, Jenn. I used to be such an organized person with an immaculate house, too. I was actually a little obsessive about all of it. Now, the bills, laundry and dishes stare at me all day, every day. I let the phone go to voicemail and procrastinate just about everything until I have to do it. I hate being like this. I hope this passes soon for us.

Brutal, debilitating insomnia that doesn't respond to any lifestyle change, med, or alternative treatment.  Welcome to hell.

[70...]