• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [cl...]

• [Bu...]

• [Af...]

Thank you Challi.

I struggle with the fact that I see so many people who had to quit their jobs during their taper or when they jumped. I could never afford that ever. Was that also your case? Did you quit your job? My kitties were so important to me. This has been the toughest year of my life. First the unexpected benzo crash reaching 1mg. Then one month of hell, had to updose to 2.5, couldn't afford to be non functional. I'm a single mother of a 13 year old. During the crash my eldest cat died of a cronich kidney condition. Then the young one stopped eating and that developed into an acute kidney condition that we couldn't cure in spite of giving her all the veterinarian care. If I had taken her the first day she didn't poop maybe I would have saved her. But I had no clue that not pooping even one day in cats is a red flag. I feel had I not been in acute wd I could've saved her or even both of them. I'm so glad you're off this crap.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After 31 years, I'm two months free today. I took my last dose April 7th, 2012.  April 8th, Easter, was my first day benzo-free in more than half my life.  I pushed my taper a little fast at the end to have it end on Easter, the day of rebirth.

I've never looked back nor been tempted to take another.  Life is brighter, the future is clear and clean, and I welcome it with open heart and open arms.

In a nutshell, benzodiazepines seemed to work for me for many years, starting with one Temazepam for sleep, then two.  When life hit me upside the head with tragedy, Xanax got me through for awhile.  It became a problem as tolerance set in.  I decided to end its power over my body.

I tapered for nine months.  It went relatively okay and I was functional until the end.  The end was brutal.  But thanks to this forum and all of you, I got through it.

At two months out I'm doing very well.  I have a little sound and light sensitivity, but it's diminishing.  I'm a bit weak physically.  I've logged a major amount of couch time, which would weaken anyone.  That's not withdrawal, just the result of laying around doing nothing except typing.  I'm working on it.

If I'm out and about for more than a few hours, I get a bit jittery and want to go home.  CNS is fragile, I know that's all it is and it will heal eventually.  I'm not a bit worried.  It all makes perfect sense. 

Thanks to this forum and thanks to all of you, I understand and I have no fear.

Love,

Challis http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/pigletmph/zadiffgrouphug.gif

http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/animatedgifs/images/agmisc3.gif

Congrats to my friend, Jennieh, who is also two months benzo-free today.  And to Lizzy and Jane and StanfordGal and Afighter, who are right behind us in their own freedom...love you, girlies!

Black eye rim, when does head symptom disappear?

Sounds like a relatively problem-free withdrawal.

Doesn’t it? That was two months out.  It never got better than that for another 16 months or so. If you read through the thread you’ll see updates about the lack of progress over time. At 18 months it began to look up.

I only briefly had extreme symptoms like some here have suffered, during the three days I c/t’d  from .25mg. Once I reinstated it was miserably  doable.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Always wonderful to hear the stories of folks who've come out the other side. Congratulations! your story inspires others to hang tough!