• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [cl...]

• [Bu...]

• [Af...]

I've read your wonderful success story many many times. Today was a rough day here and I've read it once again. It gave me courage and faith to continue the fight!

Thanks a lot for your invaluable and tireless support to all of us!

I agree with fallingstar. Today I need to read a few success stories. Thank you for all your work as an admin and your support for me and everyone on BBs. :smitten:

:smitten:

God bless you dear Chal.

Beth

I agree with fallingstar. Today I need to read a few success stories. Thank you for all your work as an admin and your support for me and everyone on BBs. :smitten:

God bless you dear Chal.

Beth

:smitten: Feel better soon, Beth.  :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...

I suppose it's better late than never Chal. So here's to 5 years, five months and one day of benzo freedom. I should have posted years ago.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwTxSpYX5gox14Hbd9Y8MEiORbRq2EVTRsW_obIvQ1Tx_c_2rCsw

Anyway, I think your sense of humor has made me feel good when I was not so good. Oh, I can't forget Megan. She's very funny too. Seems you have been enjoying fixing up that 1906 house of yours. It's always something, eh? This is what I do as yours makes me exhausted even looking at it. It's called Angie's List. Anyway if it makes you feel any better my brother David just bought a home built in 1659. Yes that is not a typo. Anyway, I'm so happy you chose to stick around and no matter how many replies I make I can't seem to catch up with you. :laugh: In other words, you have made my life better and I am a better person because of you, so enjoy your continued freedom. :smitten: :smitten:

Betsy ;)

• 1 year later...

Update at 7+ years, after a lengthy struggle to recover my mental, emotional and physical health from decades of benzodiazepines...life is better than ever and I am appreciative and grateful every day for renewed health and happiness.

It takes time, so much more time than anyone ever would believe or find reasonable...so hang on. It’s worth the wait.

Challis  :smitten:

Thank you so much for telling the truth about these benzos, Challis, and I'm so glad you're feeling much, much better!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You're right, for many of us it takes much longer. I never thought I would still be in this over 5 years.  :smitten:

I still had some lingering stuff at five years, Terry...recovery from this is truly the gift that keeps on giving for a loooooong time... :smitten:

Congrats on benzo freedom, Bets! How’re you,doing?  :smitten:

The best feeling in the world not being a slave to these drugs. So far, so good. But I swear it took 20 years. Thanks, chall. :smitten:

Well, yeah, but you started on high doses, Bets. Obviously you tapered right if you’re doing well.  :clap:

The best feeling in the world not being a slave to these drugs. So far, so good. But I swear it took 20 years. Thanks, chall. :smitten:

Well, yeah, but you started on high doses, Bets. Obviously you tapered right if you’re doing well.  :clap:

Only 5% per month....... :thumbsup: patience is a virtue.

This is wonderful news Challis...so good to hear you are feeling well. Yes, it takes much longer than we imagined!

You were the first to welcome me here in 2012. I'm now 4 years off and better but with more healing to come. I will get there too!

With appreciation,

Carita  :smitten:

This is wonderful news Challis...so good to hear you are feeling well. Yes, it takes much longer than we imagined!

You were the first to welcome me here in 2012. I'm now 4 years off and better but with more healing to come. I will get there too!

With appreciation,

Carita  :smitten:

Good to see you, Carita! Yes, this is indeed the gift that keeps on giving. At 7+ years I may be all the way there. But each time I think so things get even better. 

Hi Challis! Stopping by to say that You give me and so many so much hope, thank you my friend!

Jackie  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten::thumbsup:

Hey and hi there, old friend!  Good to hear from you and I hope you’re still rambling down the healing path.  Long path but so worth it when you get to the end.

Love ya, Jackie...

Challis  :smitten:

IMHO I think many if not most of us are kindled...it just takes soooooo so much longer to heal than we thought going into this.  :smitten:

IMHO I think many if not most of us are kindled...it just takes soooooo so much longer to heal than we thought going into this.  :smitten:

Are those your kitties in your avatar? I have three...  :smitten:

They both passed away this summer. It's pure hell. I hope they're in heaven. They have to be because they never did anything wrong.